Global Entry Kiosk at Fort Lauderdale Port

johnnyd

1 minute ago, johnnyd said:

A quick question. I haven't returned from a Caribbean cruise since before covid. I can sadly remember some very long lines! Does the port have Global Entry kiosks?

Pre-pandemic, there were no GE kiosks at the Port Everglades cruise ship terminal.  However our GE status allowed us to bypass the long line for customs/immigration so that we could go through the manual process which saves us over an hour.

6A5C7872-D3FB-4ECC-8061-B36D2C18C044.thu

Depends on the terminal. T29 does not have Facial Recognition facilities and if they have a Mobile Passport line they like to keep it a secret. T29 and T18 both have Facial Recognition so no Mobile Passport or GE necessary. Even in T29 the last few times I have been through have been quick. No where near the lines and waits of days past. 

3 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Depends on the terminal. T29 does not have Facial Recognition facilities and if they have a Mobile Passport line they like to keep it a secret. T29 and T18 both have Facial Recognition so no Mobile Passport or GE necessary. Even in T29 the last few times I have been through have been quick. No where near the lines and waits of days past. 

I chuckled when I read this.    I used the "Mobile Passport" lane a couple of times.   The agent told me once they didn't have have a terminal to validate so would just waive people through that flashed it at him. 

5 hours ago, johnnyd said:

A quick question. I haven't returned from a Caribbean cruise since before covid. I can sadly remember some very long lines! Does the port have Global Entry kiosks?

Just for clarification none of the ports ever had or were scheduled to get Global Entry Kiosks like the ones at the airport. The trial programs at the cruiseports had a separate lane that was designated for Global Entry. They even had a lane at the Vancouver cruiseport. Facial recognition has basically made a Global Entry line irrelevant. Now it all depends on implementing this system at all terminals.Surprisingly the new Virgin Voyages terminal in Miami don't have them!  

7 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

There were GE kiosks at T2 (Princess). No need at T25. Superfast!

We disembarked at T2 and T4 last year on Princess cruises.  Both terminals had facial recognition.  GE made no difference.