Stealth change to boarding pass

Squirreladd

On 3/17/2023 at 12:35 PM, LHARTWICK said:

So Platinum/Diamond can no longer drop off luggage prior to 1:30 PM?  When did this change? I guess I missed that little tidbit of info since we last cruised with CCL in December.  

We were in an Ocean Suite last week on the Sunshine and suite guests could go to their room immediately.  We're also Platinum.  If it's not a VIFP thing then is was the suite.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I would be surprised if they actually said, "freshen up, etc." It is supposed to be "drop your bags and get out" . The entire process should take less than two minutes. 

Well, prepare to be surprised. Because thats what they said. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, mz-s said:

Carnival has access to a nearly unlimited supply of cabin stewards from the third world, so if the cabins aren't ready on time it's because that's what Carnival wants. No other reason.

I can't find anything more recent than last August, but at the time all cruise lines were lamenting the lack of available staff due to visa issues - the US Gov't was dragging their feet (or in turn were also short-staffed) and crew returning from their home countries were not being processed as quickly as needed.

Whether that is still true I do not know.  A few cruise lines have announced "cut backs" related to staff levels recently (as well as in the past), so operationally it is probably still true there are less staff than before.

But perhaps the cruise lines have realized the public is buying the continued excuse of not being able to get enough crew, and are making these cutbacks as a money-saving path to return to profitability.  

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I can't find anything more recent than last August, but at the time all cruise lines were lamenting the lack of available staff due to visa issues - the US Gov't was dragging their feet (or in turn were also short-staffed) and crew returning from their home countries were not being processed as quickly as needed.

Whether that is still true I do not know.  A few cruise lines have announced "cut backs" related to staff levels recently (as well as in the past), so operationally it is probably still true there are less staff than before.

But perhaps the cruise lines have realized the public is buying the continued excuse of not being able to get enough crew, and are making these cutbacks as a money-saving path to return to profitability.  

I think the large cruise lines made the crew shortage permanent by simply not hiring back as many crew as they had before. Perhaps it was initially because of the State Department, but not anymore.

• Like 2