Stealth change to boarding pass

Squirreladd

Has anyone noticed this. I noticed that my boarding passes changed from when I first printed them in 3/4 to today 3/16. Some changes that caught my eye was the addition that all staterooms will ready at 1:30 and that my boarding zone changed from FTTF to A05. Is this a normal thing? Does the change to the boarding zone mean I lost the priority boarding that I paid for with the Faster to the Fun. 

Screenshot 1.png

screenshot 2.png

Stateroom access thing is not new, it was on my boarding pass on my previous cruise a few weeks ago

The boarding zone is useless because they never use that in the terminal at all. At the terminal there is a priority line and that is what you use to board the ship.

It's a shame that early stateroom access seems to be gone for everyone now. Apparently you can still drop off bags but this is not documented anywhere that I can tell, so it's a matter of time before that's gone too I'm sure. Really takes away a major reason for buying FTTF in my mind...especially at its current price.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingston13 said:

Everyone gets a boarding zone. A05 is one of the first.  As FTTF you selected 2 days early

FTTF does not get to select check-in times 2 days early, only Plat and Diamond.

And as of a few weeks ago, our boarding passes had "FTTF" and no boarding zone, so that is new.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Stateroom access is different from stateroom being ready. Access means you can drop your bags and go.  Ready means your rooms has been cleaned and you can stay inside the room if you wish.  

Correct and the new boarding pass says stateroom access is at 1:30 for everyone. So it seems that even dropping your bags off is no longer allowed.

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Correct and the new boarding pass says stateroom access is at 1:30 for everyone. So it seems that even dropping your bags off is no longer allowed.

That's only for "VIPF" members, as indicated on the boarding pass. That doesn't apply to VIFP members. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With the limited staff they have now, your room might not even be accessible by 1:30.  We are platinum and last month on Radiance we went to our room (after the announcement at 1:30 that all cabins were ready) to find they had not even started prepping our room (beds were still stripped/door was propped open).

They were clearly in a hurry - we discovered later day that they didn't leave us any hand towels or washcloths.

I think you all are reading too much into this.  Time will tell.  And just to clarify, Priority (either via Dia/Plat or FTTF) ALL still had boarding slots printed such as A03.  They'll call Diamonds, Suites, Plats, and then FTTF folks prior to starting A01.  It's that little logo up in the upper left corner that will be identifying you.  No cause for concern.

What I personally found interesting was the elimination of the ship name going to code instead for both that and the port itself and that the Final Boarding isn't properly carried over.  My gut is that's not really on purpose and just the crappy overseas IT firm they now use. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

With the limited staff they have now, your room might not even be accessible by 1:30.  We are platinum and last month on Radiance we went to our room (after the announcement at 1:30 that all cabins were ready) to find they had not even started prepping our room (beds were still stripped/door was propped open).

They were clearly in a hurry - we discovered later day that they didn't leave us any hand towels or washcloths.

At this day and time, I don't think there is a staff shortage any longer. More like Carnival places more on the staff members so they don't have to include/ hire more staff. Hence one time a day cleaning = less staff to perform duty.  See how that works.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
5 minutes ago, jsglow said:

They'll call Diamonds, Suites, Plats, and then FTTF folks prior to starting A01

The way they called ours was Suites first.🤐

I'm not sure how they did it for my Magic cruise since I arrived after boarding had started. For Celebration in November they called Suites, then Diamond, then Platinum, then boarding zones. That was before they brought back FTTF. Since I've been Platinum my boarding zones have been anywhere from A01 to A09 so at A05 you're right in that area for having purchased priority boarding.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

The way they called ours was Suites first.🤐

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'm not sure how they did it for my Magic cruise since I arrived after boarding had started. For Celebration in November they called Suites, then Diamond, then Platinum, then boarding zones. That was before they brought back FTTF. Since I've been Platinum my boarding zones have been anywhere from A01 to A09 so at A05 you're right in that area for having purchased priority boarding.

In Miami for the Spirit in Feb, Diamonds were called first.  

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Note to self, next cruise Miami. Damn that's a long way to drive😉

Op: I didn't know about the boarding zone being normal what caught my eye was the changes from when I first printed them out until now. I mostly got FTTF so I can toss my carryon in the cabin, not so I can use the cabin so just being able to access it is all I care about. 

Thanks all for the clarification.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Same for us for the Spirit in Miami in January. Diamonds were also first for the Freedom in January at Port Canaveral. We were the first one's on the ship. 😎

• Like 3