Understanding current Wifi costs on Princess ships!

Diamondring

18 minutes ago, tjcletzgo said:

So I’m Platnum, my cost of WiFi for one device for 10 days is $125?

Yes. That's a lot, isn't it? I'm starting to think about not getting internet for at least some cruises.

2 hours ago, elaine5 said:

What is a la carte daily wifi for platinum? 

I think you may be asking about single days.  The cost is $30/day, so $15/day with the discount.  This is for ad hoc days you sign up for day-at-a-time.  $12.50/day net is the price when booking whole voyage.  It also seems if you started on, say, day 4 of a 10 day, then they charge the $12.50 rate for the balance of the voyage.

• Like 2

FYI…I paid for the wi-Fi before the price went up. I may buy the Plus Package, once I’m on board the ship,as I can pay with my OBC. If I do that I’ll be refunded what I already paid. 

Tom😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 5:27 PM, tjcletzgo said:

Me too😱

$25 a day is steep for a single person on a 32 day cruise ($800.) I think it will be a good time for me to go off the grid!!!! 
Thinking I will do a la carte a couple days a week, if I find it necessary at all. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MsIscrm said:

$25 a day is steep for a single person on a 32 day cruise ($800.) I think it will be a good time for me to go off the grid!!!! 
Thinking I will do a la carte a couple days a week, if I find it necessary at all. 

There will generally be wifi available at ports of call along the way. Generally speaking Wi-Fi and terminal buildings ashore is abysmal. I’m thinking more retail and restaurant establishments away from the port itself.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:37 PM, JFKHawaii said:

@seahag and @JimmyVWine thank you for your quick responses. Man, I get it now, I have to pay to play!  

I wanted to save a few measly bucks here and there, but I guess they want to squeeze every dime outta me. lol.  I could always go without internet, but with my 86 year old dad staying home, we need to be able to get in touch.  Mahalo!

Why not book him a cabin of his own & then you don't need any internet. ☺️

22 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Why not book him a cabin of his own & then you don't need any internet. ☺️

We were going to do that, but he adamantly refused.  He said he doesn’t want to go and just wants to stay home.

1 minute ago, JFKHawaii said:

We were going to do that, but he adamantly refused.  He said he doesn’t want to go and just wants to stay home.

We had the same discussion with my father in law.

He finally agreed to go to Alaska & couldn't stop talking about it when we got home. 

I'm Platinum and booked on b2b on the Diamond, then over to the Royal in Japan.  The Princess app gives dates Royal Princess Apr 17-May 18, 2024 with entire length multi-device (4) for $303.80 cdn.  I'm on the Diamond Apr 17-27, then the Royal Apr 27-May 19.  I'm wondering if this cost if for both ships, only for the Diamond or only for the Royal.  I'm afraid if I purchase I'll have to argue with both ships to get wifi.  

Anyone else see this on B2B cruises on the app?

5 minutes ago, leet102 said:

I'm Platinum and booked on b2b on the Diamond, then over to the Royal in Japan.  The Princess app gives dates Royal Princess Apr 17-May 18, 2024 with entire length multi-device (4) for $303.80 cdn.  I'm on the Diamond Apr 17-27, then the Royal Apr 27-May 19.  I'm wondering if this cost if for both ships, only for the Diamond or only for the Royal.  I'm afraid if I purchase I'll have to argue with both ships to get wifi.  

Anyone else see this on B2B cruises on the app?

The price you quoted for four (4) devices over a period of about one month is far too cheap.  I suggest you call Princess to get that sorted out beforehand.

On 2/22/2024 at 7:44 PM, MsIscrm said:

Another good reason to go with the plus package. We would never sail without it

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

Another good reason to go with the plus package. We would never sail without it

I don't drink--so it's still cheaper to buy everything separate. And a vacation without internet is a real vacation....

• Like 1