YC benefits at Ocean Cay?

Missymssy

15 hours ago, Missymssy said:

Looking to book a future cruise. We usually choose a balcony (fantastica), but thinking of trying Yacht club this time, but it would have to be an inside. Trying to decide if it's worth the added cost. 

only you can determine worth

The YC beach is nice but rocky in the water.  Bring water shoes or head over the hill to Bimini Beach to swim.  There are a lot of chairs and many umbrellas.  The Ocean house is good for lunch.  

24 minutes ago, jame_g said:

The YC restaurant (Ocean House) was nice for lunch. No standing in line at the buffet.

So there is a separate restaurant for YC on the island? I wasn't aware of that! Are drinks also included?

16 hours ago, Missymssy said:

Looking to book a future cruise. We usually choose a balcony (fantastica), but thinking of trying Yacht club this time, but it would have to be an inside. Trying to decide if it's worth the added cost. 

Was there a week ago.

You need to decide if you want 1 or 3 cruises maybe 1 or 2 with an inside for the costs involved. The perks and benefits are based on your likes wants need and desires but mostly your wallet.

Use a TA!!!! Never call them, always use the TA for this line otherwise you could be overcharged, cancelled, even after booking yacht club they could bump you out into a regular cabin for no reduction in fare which means you would have been better not booking YC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Missymssy said:

So there is a separate restaurant for YC on the island? I wasn't aware of that! Are drinks also included?

Yes its the only restaurant.  The others have food trucks and beach buffets. YC has a restaurant, bar, private beach, towels and plenty of chairs and umbrellas. All included

7 minutes ago, Missymssy said:

Yes!  Drinks are included.  There's a delicious Lobster Roll on the menu.  Order two and put the filling in one roll.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Was there a week ago.

You need to decide if you want 1 or 3 cruises maybe 1 or 2 with an inside for the costs involved. The perks and benefits are based on your likes wants need and desires but mostly your wallet.

Use a TA!!!! Never call them, always use the TA for this line otherwise you could be overcharged, cancelled, even after booking yacht club they could bump you out into a regular cabin for no reduction in fare which means you would have been better not booking YC.

agree with you wholehartedly.  Use a TA, and let them do the heavy lifting.

We sailed in the YC on the Seascape a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful day on Ocean Cay in warm and sunny weather.  The YC facilities on the island are great and the Ocean House serve a lunch. Don't miss the lobster roll, so delicious. We stayed on the beach and there is a barservice. All included. A terrific day, would love to do it again. Here are some photos of the area including the lunch that I had in the Ocean House 💯👌

20230306_101454.jpg

20230306_121929.jpg

20230306_122126.jpg

20230306_122219.jpg

20230306_122248.jpg

20230306_124929.jpg

20230306_130354.jpg

20230306_130358.jpg

20230306_133643.jpg

20230306_140259.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

smiling-fish.jpg.webp?itok=a-VXexOB

On my past 3 trips to Ocean Cay, Yacht Club guests were not charged at the Smiling Fish. 

There were supply issues as they ran out of certain items but non-Yacht Club guests were charged and Yacht Club guests were not. The register read $0.00 for the total for the 4 of us. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

On my past 3 trips to Ocean Cay, Yacht Club guests were not charged at the Smiling Fish. 

There were supply issues as they ran out of certain items but non-Yacht Club guests were charged and Yacht Club guests were not. The register read $0.00 for the total for the 4 of us. 

We were not charged 3 weeks ago either.

17 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

What do they serve here?

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

IMG_8784.webp

I spy "Reese's Peanut Butter" on the list. Would that only be Reese's Pieces or crumbled up Reese's ? (big difference!)

Now, if they only had cookie dough !!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I spy "Reese's Peanut Butter" on the list. Would that only be Reese's Pieces or crumbled up Reese's ? (big difference!)

Tom

Hi Tom,

Depends what they have in stock. Last month it was pieces.

January it was what looked like an imitation crumbles.

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Hi Tom,

Depends what they have in stock. Last month it was pieces.

January it was what looked like an imitation crumbles.

Twenty years back, in our early Carnival cruising years, I was actually known to bring toppings in order to turn their soft serve into something tasty. My packing list has certainly morphed over the years!

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Ha ha ha! 

The coconut soft serve is what caught my eye. 

Oh, and the $0.00 on the cash register.  Hee hee.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:19 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

Was there a week ago.

What???  They will bump you from the YC???