Booking a cruise while onboard...

WrittenOnYourHeart

4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Sorry...I'm drawing a blank right now.

If you book a specific cruise with the Future Cruise desk while onboard, it's a $100/person deposit? (I'm talking regular cabins, not suites.)

Thanks!

It was in November.

Will be on again 2 weeks from Sunday so will check.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If you book a specific cruise with the Future Cruise desk while onboard, it's a $100/person deposit? (I'm talking regular cabins, not suites.)

Thanks!

Included in my Edocs today...

future.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks!

We booked while onboard last September for a "future cruise" and the deposit was $100 per person.

One thing I didn't realize is that while you have a year to book a cruise, you only have 90 days to use any of the OBC you might get when you plunk down your deposit.

We ended up booking our next cruise within seven days of the last one, so it wasn't a problem 😆 but it's still nice to know.

Also, attached is the "future cruise" page from our guest ticket booklet, received 02.25.23.

cjr

FUTURE_CRUISE.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

One thing I didn't realize is that while you have a year to book a cruise, you only have 90 days to use any of the OBC you might get when you plunk down your deposit.

FUTURE_CRUISE.jpg

If you read carefully you will see 90 days to book your cruise. The OBC is there for you to use on that booked cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Apologies, I didn't notice that the terms had changed since September...

Below is the flyer from our "future cruise" booking last year, which gave us "1 YEAR" to book -- but only 90 days without losing the OBC, which I didn't realize at the time, hence my comment.

Apparently the cruise biz has picked up in the past six months so the time frame has been shortened 😆

cjr

FUTURE_CRUISE_2022.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CNSfromHI said:

Apologies, I didn't notice that the terms had changed since September...

Below is the flyer from our "future cruise" booking last year, which gave us "1 YEAR" to book -- but only 90 days without losing the OBC, which I didn't realize at the time, hence my comment.

Apparently the cruise biz has picked up in the past six months so the time frame has been shortened 😆

cjr

FUTURE_CRUISE_2022.JPG

We had the same in December.

So looks like another thing has changed this year.

• Like 1

I should have taken advantage of the one year to decide offer but thought I  would wait till my next X cruise in May and that now looks like a mistake.

I'm booked with cruises through Feb. 2024 and having to decide on something in the 90 day window is not ideal.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, D. B. said:

...having to decide on something in the 90 day window is not ideal.

My wife and I loved our last cruise and already knew we wanted to book another one while onboard. After hemming and hawing, we visited the "Future Cruise Vacations Team" very late on our last full day -- truly, I think they were minutes away from closing the joint for the day.

When we sat down, we told the kid exactly what we wanted to do (pay now, book later) and he quickly took our $200 deposit, gave us a quasi-receipt and a Silhouette magnet (which still hangs on our 'fridge 😁).

It was only after we arrived home that I noticed the one-year offer only included the enticing OBC if booked within 90 days. Ultimately, it didn't matter for us because we booked our next journey quickly, but lesson learned.

cjr

We did the Future Cruise Vacation (Book Later) while on Celebrity Reflection in December. The problem we had when we tried to book online with Celebrity and being told that it was connected with the TA we used to book the Reflection cruise, even though we requested it not be tied to that TA.I usually shop around before I book our cruises. What really upset us was the guy I spoke with at Celebrity that was trying to book our April 9 Beyond cruise kept trying to do it (I was on the phone with him for over 30 minuets) then he said he was sorry he could not., this was in the evening on the weekend. The next week day I called to speak with someone about our Future Cruise Vacation voucher and was transferred 3 times, while I was holding between the transfers I logged on to Celebrity to check my account and almost had a heat attack when I saw I had a booking for double the price that I had been given by the guy I first tried to book with on Celebrity. I was finally able to get that straighten out and got the same cabin booked at the price that had been given to me earlier. She was able to use the Future Cruise voucher. The trouble is the voucher they gave us only has the voucher number that you give when you book your next cruise after you get home, but it does not show that it is assigned to any TA (as we asked that it NOT be). 

I had also asked if I could assign this booking to a TA (a different one) that I had been working with to get the perks she was offering. I was told No it was too close to sailing. I was able to get Celebrity to give us an additional OBC that the TA was going to give us, so we are happy with our booking. 

I assume now that if we do the Future Cruise Vacation while on the Beyond it will not be assigned to a TA since it was booked through Celebrity. Is this correct. This was our first time doing this on Celebrity.

1 hour ago, shay1 said:

We did the Future Cruise Vacation (Book Later) while on Celebrity Reflection in December. The problem we had when we tried to book online with Celebrity and being told that it was connected with the TA we used to book the Reflection cruise, even though we requested it not be tied to that TA.I usually shop around before I book our cruises. What really upset us was the guy I spoke with at Celebrity that was trying to book our April 9 Beyond cruise kept trying to do it (I was on the phone with him for over 30 minuets) then he said he was sorry he could not., this was in the evening on the weekend. The next week day I called to speak with someone about our Future Cruise Vacation voucher and was transferred 3 times, while I was holding between the transfers I logged on to Celebrity to check my account and almost had a heat attack when I saw I had a booking for double the price that I had been given by the guy I first tried to book with on Celebrity. I was finally able to get that straighten out and got the same cabin booked at the price that had been given to me earlier. She was able to use the Future Cruise voucher. The trouble is the voucher they gave us only has the voucher number that you give when you book your next cruise after you get home, but it does not show that it is assigned to any TA (as we asked that it NOT be). 

I had also asked if I could assign this booking to a TA (a different one) that I had been working with to get the perks she was offering. I was told No it was too close to sailing. I was able to get Celebrity to give us an additional OBC that the TA was going to give us, so we are happy with our booking. 

I assume now that if we do the Future Cruise Vacation while on the Beyond it will not be assigned to a TA since it was booked through Celebrity. Is this correct. This was our first time doing this on Celebrity.

If you are onboard, and you book onboard - then the cruise is automatically assigned to the TA of your current cruise (I suppose you could ask to have that changed to a different TA).    If you are not on on a cruise booked through a TA and book onboard, then you can either assign to one, or transfer to one within 30 days.  (is how it should work)

Edited by ehall
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, D. B. said:

I see now the time you have to decide on a future Cruise is 90 Days.

On Mille in Feb. this year it Was One Year.

We did an open future cruise booking on Beyond in early February and we have one year to choose a cruise in order to get the OBC. IMO, that is a pretty big change. 

Here is the "fine print" from our on-board booking e-mail I received after we returned home:

A Cruise Later reservation does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price until you convert it to a confirmed booking by selecting a ship and sail date and paying all required deposits. It must be converted to a confirmed booking within (1) year after the Booking Date in order to be eligible for the future onboard credit. If not converted within one (1) year from the Booking Date, you will not receive the onboard credit and your deposit will be refunded.

However, given Celebrity's changes to the non-refundable deposit program, I'll probably only book on-board now, so as to keep the possible $$ lost to $100pp.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

6 hours ago, shay1 said:

Wow. Fortunately I love my TA and have no issues with her being in charge of the reservation.

• Like 1