Eclipse INR blood test for warfarin users.

mcgorr

3 minutes ago, mcgorr said:

Thank you but it's absolutely impossible to get through to Celebrity on the phone and emails aren't being answered.

It takes 2 weeks for a reply from special needs.  Definitely need patience.

A call would not likely be helpful.

In 2019 you could get an INR test on board.  Cost was $120 and insurance did not cover.  No idea today.

Thamk 

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It takes 2 weeks for a reply from special needs.  Definitely need patience.

A call would not likely be helpful.

In 2019 you could get an INR test on board.  Cost was $120 and insurance did not cover.  No idea today.

Thank you.  We leave on April 6th so that will be a problem.  Were you on the Eclipse when tested?

1 hour ago, mcgorr said:

Thank you but it's absolutely impossible to get through to Celebrity on the phone and emails aren't being answered.

Have you checked into the at-home INR test device?  Finger ***** for a drop of blood, like a blood sugar test.  Insurance might cover the cost of your own device.

3 hours ago, mcgorr said:

Have you tried special needs.   They are very responsive.    They aren't the normal customer service group and only deal with special needs.

Just my 2 cents feel free to ignore the suggestion.

• Thanks 1

Yes, we will try the machine but my husband has just been prescribed warfarin and the DR may not be keen on him using a self-diagnosis machine until his results are more stable.  I have emailed special needs and hope they respond quickly.

Thanks for the responses.

The OP asked a question got got probably as an answer.  Giving medical advice to try another medication doesn't help the OP.

MY DW saw her doctor two days ago.  He wanted to change one of her medications, but said to wait until we return from a holiday because of the slight chance of needing care when away because of the new med.

Made sense to  me.

To the OP - Our experience was on the Century.  Long ago.

25 minutes ago, mcgorr said:

Thanks everyone.  Special Needs did get back to me and tests can be done on the ship and we are also on the hunt for a machine to self-test.

I would ask your local pharmacy where to get one and if your physician orders it, will insurance or Medicare pay for it.  EM

1 hour ago, mcgorr said:

Thanks everyone.  Special Needs did get back to me and tests can be done on the ship and we are also on the hunt for a machine to self-test.

Just curious - did they indicate the cost for the onboard testing?