Concierge Lounge snacks and drinks

IDL

4 minutes ago, IDL said:

What other Concierge class benefits do you utilize? 

The concierge on Riviera helped us get two additional specialty restaurant reservations. Perhaps it was just a matter of luck but we appreciated it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sujormik said:

I am medically mandated to anvoid caffeine, can I hope all these great Baristas drinks are available in decaf?

Yes. My husband can have a little caffeine (~1 shot of espresso), so he almost always orders decaf. Baristas does a really nice decaf of everything on the regular menu. We practically live there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

All non-alcoholic beverages are included in your fare - anyplace at anytime (including stocking your cabin fridge).

Included, except for non-alcoholic wines and non-alcoholic spirits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IDL said:

What other Concierge class benefits do you utilize? 

We use the concierge access to the spa deck thalassotherapy pool after excursions to get all the kinks out before getting ready for dinner

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

The lounge sounds nice...........but can you order room service coffee to be brought to your cabin? Will be on The Riviera in 14 days.

of course you can  also breakfast lunch & dinner  or  anything from the  RS menu

34 minutes ago, clarku said:

We use the concierge access to the spa deck thalassotherapy pool after excursions to get all the kinks out before getting ready for dinner

Does the lounge actually have a  manned concierge that can help with booking things like the restaurants while onboard?

1 minute ago, terrydtx said:

Does the lounge actually have a  manned concierge that can help with booking things like the restaurants while onboard?

They have their hours posted on the desk

You are probably better to go to the  Dinner reservations Desk on Deck 5  for the onboard  restaurants

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

They have their hours posted on the desk

You are probably better to go to the  Dinner reservations Desk on Deck 5  for the onboard  restaurants

I was hoping that the concierge would be the go to person for speciality restaurant reservations if you are in that class of cabin.  Not sure what else I would the concierge for if not for that. 

10 minutes ago, IDL said:

I was hoping that the concierge would be the go-to person for specialty restaurant reservations if you are in that class of cabin.  Not sure what else I would the concierge for if not for that. 

On Riviera 12/2021 in an A4 Concierge I went down their daily to see what they had to offer to eat and drink. I borrowed from the concierge a couple of travel works from the small "library" there. And I had the concierge look up on-line some information about a Mexican wine, Xe, I bought outside Costa Maya. Guess the concierge and lounge is what you make of it.

I was in a PH so had the Executive Lounge on the Marina. However, it is a duty of the attendant in the Concierge Lounge to book and schedule all Meet & Greets in Horizons or elsewhere. They are the actual go to person to get it done and to actually reserve space.

We were on a 20 day cruise with multiple sea days. It was enjoyable, for me, to go to the Lounge and read the WSJ or NYT to occasionally catch up on what was going on in the world. The mindless chatter on the ship provided tv stations were best avoided. Since the internet was always slow, the Lounge was a nice escape.

30 minutes ago, IDL said:

I was hoping that the concierge would be the go to person for speciality restaurant reservations if you are in that class of cabin.  Not sure what else I would the concierge for if not for that. 

They can do it  but if not on duty  when you want to see them  the desk on Deck 5  might be

Options

Some use the concierge  for  recommended  restaurants on shore  getting things fixed

We had to leave a cruise early (medical) he helped with new flights

they will help  with other things

We decided years ago that the Concierge level was our lowest level to book because of their services provided. We were on a trip from Rome and we had private tours booked in Amalfi.  The seas were rough and the Captain decided we were going on to Naples and announced it about 6:45 p.m.  Hundreds of people descended on the Destinations desk as well as the Concierge desk on Deck 5 and we casually went to our Concierge Lounge and waited thru 3 guests, The Concierge called our private tour company, redirected our pick up to Naples and we were out of there just after 7:00. I can assure you the angst was over the top downstairs. 

From that point on we knew we had help at sea, whenever there was a need because stuff happens. The benefits and assistance are always welcome.  My story and I am sticking to it. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, CarrieAP said:

We booked concierge for our 1st Oceania cruise on Marina in July. These posts have been most helpful. Also confirms we made a good choice for this trip. 

We did the same for our first O cruise in 2025, and I feel the same about our A3 Concierge booking.

Though anyone in a G thru B, all non-Concierge, should NOT worry or feel bad. Did an A4 on Riviera 12/2021 but "only" a B2 on Sirena 11/2022. We enjoyed them both. Yet after having had the A4 we didn't feel a need to pay for "it" on Sirena. Of course, there is NO concierge lounge on the smaller R-class ships! But we weren't willing to pay for "it" on Riviera for our upcoming 20 night B2B in Oct-Nov '23 (first half in an F then the 2nd half in a B4). 

23 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Though anyone in a G thru B, all non-Concierge, should NOT worry or feel bad. Did an A4 on Riviera 12/2021 but "only" a B2 on Sirena 11/2022. We enjoyed them both. Yet after having had the A4 we didn't feel a need to pay for "it" on Sirena. Of course, there is NO concierge lounge on the smaller R-class ships! But we weren't willing to pay for "it" on Riviera for our upcoming 20 night B2B in Oct-Nov '23 (first half in an F then the 2nd half in a B4). 

In our opinion, using the lounge was not appealing to us - we found it a tad small and a little stuffy and we had soft drinks in our fridge (our steward found Fresca!!!) and liked to get coffee at Baristas. The concierge was helpful but we could have done what we used her for ourselves too. Again, just us - as we noticed it was well used by others!! The biggest draw for us for Concierge Level was access to the Spa Terrace (not every day) and that’s not something that may appeal to others. And if it is - you could just get a day pass instead. We will reconsider on our next cruise on the larger ships. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

• Like 1

Reviewing the deck plan of the Vista the lounge looks like a decent size but certainly not huge.  As others have stated, it looks like a nice spot to grab a drink and snack and read the WSJ in the morning. 

5 minutes ago, IDL said:

Reviewing the deck plan of the Vista the lounge looks like a decent size but certainly not huge.  As others have stated, it looks like a nice spot to grab a drink and snack and read the WSJ in the morning. 

Yes! Especially if you are an early riser as you’ll get there before the rush! My husband also liked Horizons in the AM - especially if it was a nice day and scenic view (and I wanted to sleep in!) I think they have a slightly bigger selection of continental breakfast fare. Hint to Oceania - it would be nice if newspapers were up there too! They are just photocopies from PressReader and I think they can print more than one.

Can’t wait to try Vista! Enjoy your cruise. 😄

29 minutes ago, xinnia317 said:

Hint to Oceania - it would be nice if newspapers were up there too! They are just photocopies from PressReader and I think they can print more than one.

It's by design that they don't. I know it seems like it would be a simple thing, and it would be. But, it's a perk for those who are willing to spend the extra to be in a Concierge Room or higher. If they had them in Horizons then everyone would have access to them. Next up the chain is when you're in an Oceania Suite or higher you get to have a newspaper of your choice delivered to your room daily. 

The rest of us in the lower categories have to make do with 2 or 3 day old news that they put in the room each night with the Currents. For those that really want the news we do get free internet. 

• Like 2

After three weeks on the Riviera, I told my husband that this lounge (as well as the Executive one) was really a waste in my opinion.  The Concierge was there only a couple hours twice daily....the only snacks, drinks that we ever saw were sodas, and juices.....coffee....and those rock hard cookies.  I kept peeking in there while passing by to see if anything changed....but never found that to be the case.  I guess is you are not able to use the internet for rebooking shore excursions of flights....and do not want to stand in any lines at Guest Services....this person may be of use.  I saw people just sitting in there READING and could not figure out why you would choose this space with all of the other options available onboard to sit and enjoy a book.....Just my opinion....but I found myself shaking my head over this lounge.

• Like 4