Something I Never Experienced Before ...

80sGal

Guest BasicSailor
51 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Excuse me...I iz Diamond..

I'm going to hades, I have discriminated against another Diamond. 😉

48 best emojis crazy ones images on Pinterest | Smiley, Emojis and The ...

Guest BasicSailor
35 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

Actually, most drug sniffing dogs are dogs that have shown to have a great propensity for chasing balls.  They are rewarded by their handler by tossing out a ball for them to retrieve. 

Great now I have to listen pot smokers throwing balls being down the hallways. Go get it boy , Fetch!!!😎

well said...

13 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Some of us have medical prescriptions for weed because getting tired of more pills.

1. The law is the law. Up to you if the risk is worth it.

2. Anyone taking on weed bud/flower is dumber than a box of rocks.

3. You do not need to make choo-choo train puffs of smoke to vape, anything.

4. Edibles aren't like vape or bud, it's a very delayed fuse and vary. It's like saying all candy is candy. All sugar, but not the same.

5. If you do discreet get a small amount of vape on board, don't be stupid.

6. Weed doesn't make people combative. If a weed smoker is combative, I will bet you alcohol and/or drugs are mixed in.

7. Do so at your own risk. Know your local laws and know that it is illegal on the ship at any time in any amount, choose your risk tolerance.

BTW, if you ever had weed and drug stuff in any of your bags, dog's gonna hit on it anyway...just sayin'.

well said...

1 hour ago, TomCruise48 said:

Actually, most drug sniffing dogs are dogs that have shown to have a great propensity for chasing balls.  They are rewarded by their handler by tossing out a ball for them to retrieve. 

Which are treats...

5 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

BTW, if you ever had weed and drug stuff in any of your bags, dog's gonna hit on it anyway...just sayin'.

As my sister was mortified to find out about twenty years ago when boarding a Royal Caribbean cruise.

She had borrowed a suitcase from her son....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, resetjet said:

I doubt he is sniffing for weed.  Hard drugs in large quantities or bombs.  No smuggler is gonna put on weed and if they were catching recreational users,  half the ship would be in the brig.

That is exactly what the puppers are looking for..

20230225_082620.jpg

• Like 3

I would love for Carnival to make an example out of someone. Have the Captian Announce that he put someone off the ship for weed, Point out the poor person in handcuffs on the pier out, and tell them the next person will be you if you have it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
18 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

I would love for Carnival to make an example out of someone. Have the Captian Announce that he put someone off the ship for weed, Point out the poor person in handcuffs on the pier out, and tell them the next person will be you if you have it.

Whoa, we are talking ambulance lawyers here.🤐😉

9 hours ago, john91498 said:

another thing that is wrong with this thread, some people just make assumptions...

You continue to state that what people are saying is incorrect.  Please, as requested, elaborate as to what is false.  Enlighten us with your all knowing information about drugs and laws of other countries.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jedi bobs said:

Make him (or her) walk the plank?

John Heald just addressed this on his live feed this morning. Drug sniffing dogs are on board at embark, debark and some stay on board. Regardless of whether it is legal in any form, medicinal or otherwise, in your state, it is a Federal law and cruise ships (all ships, not just cruise) must adhere to the law! I personally could care less if you eat it, smoke it or whatever, just don’t do it on the ship. If you do, be prepared to face the consequences. Our grandson recently cruised on Liberty and the digs were out in full force at embark. He said lots of people were sent away to get rid of it or be turned away.

Edited by Bostwick girl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, asalligo said:

Love the idea of a drug dog on the ships. We have smelled weed on all three cruises since the restart. Somehow Carnival got the reputation of allowing this and it attracted the wrong crowd. 

How do you think they got that reputation? It seems the logical answer is that up until now they did allow it.

• Like 3

I haven't smelled weed on any of the 4 cruises since the restart and 2 were out of Long Beach. Also, I guess I have picked the most well behaved cruises because I haven't seen any fights or unruly behavior that people keep saying are rampant on Carnival.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I haven't smelled weed on any of the 4 cruises since the restart and 2 were out of Long Beach. Also, I guess I have picked the most well behaved cruises because I haven't seen any fights or unruly behavior that people keep saying are rampant on Carnival.  

I have been on at least a dozen Carnival cruises since the restart, of different lengths, ports and itineraries, and not once have I smelled weed or witnessed a fight. 

I don't know what kind of crowd the rest of y'all are attracting... 😁

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

How do you think they got that reputation? It seems the logical answer is that up until now they did allow it.

1 minute ago, staceyglow said:

I have been on at least a dozen Carnival cruises since the restart, of different lengths, ports and itineraries, and not once have I smelled weed or witnessed a fight. 

I don't know what kind of crowd the rest of y'all are attracting... 😁

I have never seen a fight other than spouses onboard.  I didn't smell any weed on my Alaskan cruises but did on ones out of Port Canaveral last spring.  From reading posts here and on other social media sites, I would assume other guests would be at least amenable to onboard use.  

I have not noticed the weed smell on any of my recent cruises.  Last three were: 5 day Breeze out of Galveston where most of the ship was 50+ and was mid-week in Feb., Pride to Europe, and Splendor to Alaska. Opt for non-party itineraries and times.  However, the down side is the ship is hopping at 7 am and dead by 9 pm.  

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1