? Having to move cabin on Azura email today

LLOM

Hi we are going on the Azura on the 6th April and have just received an email from P&O stating that due to health protocols  for the health and well being of passengers and staff, they are going to have to move some people from their chosen cabin, my question is what if you do not like where the new cabin is ,can you refuse , I know this has happened before and I am just wondering if anyone it has happened to can advise please.

Thank you 

@molecrochip Please can you reassure me that the daft quarantine zones aren’t making a comeback? I had assumed that these were a thing of the past and long consigned to history. Informing people of these changes after balance due date, with a take it or leave it attitude, leaves a very bad taste in people’s mouths.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Hi we are going on the Azura on the 6th April and have just received an email from P&O stating that due to health protocols  for the health and well being of passengers and staff, they are going to have to move some people from their chosen cabin, my question is what if you do not like where the new cabin is ,can you refuse , I know this has happened before and I am just wondering if anyone it has happened to can advise please.

Thank you 

I would ring them - if you can get through - to see what your options are, see what the new cabin is and search online for videos etc of it before you make a decision. Esp. if you had specifically chosen your cabin. My OH, for instance, would be tempted to cancel and full refund if it’s a poor downgrade, as the cabin is very important for us. 

Of course, they have to put passengers who sadly get get covid somewhere - which is pretty much what this is all about according to several I know who work on the ships have said - but I would “like” to think they’d bend over backwards to make sure you get a good deal out of your inconvenience. Or maybe the going rate is a signed inflatable Paul Ludlow and a coupon for a free elderflower fizz.

Edited by Camberley
  • Haha 6

I hope that they are moving you to a better cabin, though their idea of a better cabin may not be the same as yours.  Have you asked why you are being moved ?

I spend ages choosing exactly where we will be and would be annoyed to be moved and would be asking for a full refund if they tried to move to somewhere that I didn't want.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Why? If someone with Covid chooses to quarantine they can do so in their booked cabin. 

Oh I agree. But because it’s P&O and logic does not always follow. They’ve done some quite frankly crap things these past couple of years in the name of “protocols”…..ditching passengers in Spain and left to themselves with minimal support, their brutal and inflexible response to preboarding health survey…(heart arguably in right place, execution shocking)

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I spend ages choosing exactly where we will be and would be annoyed to be moved and would be asking for a full refund if they tried to move to somewhere that I didn't want.

So would I, but they always do this after balance due date and will hide behind T’s and C’s to avoid a refund. 

Dinglebert, our cabin is right at the back of the ship, we like to look out over the wake.

camberley, they have said not to get in touch as they have not allocated the new cabins yet and the usual lines are very busy and they expect the same if you send an email, and yes we had chosen that specific cabin.

It appears they may be bringing the isolation cabins back ! 

1 minute ago, LLOM said:

Dinglebert, our cabin is right at the back of the ship, we like to look out over the wake.

camberley, they have said not to get in touch as they have not allocated the new cabins yet and the usual lines are very busy and they expect the same if you send an email, and yes we had chosen that specific cabin.

No mention of anything onboard as yet only all the hot water failed on decks 12/14 last night apparently and still not working we finally got moved from deck 11 aft after toilet problems for 16 days. Along with all the drinks and food shortages having a fantastic time 

8 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Appalling. At the very least reallocate and inform customers of the new cabin rather than say there will be a change but we won’t tell you yet! Their customer support really lacks competence at times.

But stuff them if they don’t want you to ring: you still can to even check T&Cs if they’ve changed things. And I would but yes, there's that painful, off putting queuing!

I really hope the change is for the better.

Edited by Camberley

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that they are moving you to a better cabin, though their idea of a better cabin may not be the same as yours.  Have you asked why you are being moved ?

We're the same - I spend way too much time looking for the best cabin (unless booking guarantee) and I'd be annoyed too. Last year on a Sky Princess cruise, I forgot to say no to automatic upgrades when booking - we were upgraded from a Deluxe Balcony to a Mini Suite but I was quite disappointed to be honest. Ungrateful I know! But the balcony on the Mini Suite was much smaller than the cabin I purposely chose and with our 2 adult children having a smaller balcony was not ideal. Turned out to be a blessing in the end as we all got Covid and were allowed to spend our 8 day isolation in our cabin, we were so grateful for the extra space inside...

I would hope they would offer you a better cabin that you consider "better" and if you don't want it, offer a full refund. Good luck!

• Like 1

Mollag, our cabin is on deck 14, the water issue may be the problem then, the same grade cabins are at the front of the ship which is not where I would like to be.

I have not yet read all their T&C but you can bet that something will be in there covering no refund for circumstances beyond their control and that can cover a wide range of incidents!!!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Mollag, our cabin is on deck 14, the water issue may be the problem then, the same grade cabins are at the front of the ship which is not where I would like to be.

I have not yet read all their T&C but you can bet that something will be in there covering no refund for circumstances beyond their control and that can cover a wide range of incidents!!!! 

We join on 13th. As we paid ...not a lot and we're allocated a cabin, they can move us to whatever balcony cabin they like. A big wad of OBC would help.

• Like 1

Hi ive also received this email although not sailing until 4 May.

I just looked at my booking info on P&O and it is show a different cabin number to what we booked. We are also at back of ship on deck 14. They have moved us from one side to other

9 minutes ago, grmuge1 said:

Hi ive also received this email although not sailing until 4 May.

I just looked at my booking info on P&O and it is show a different cabin number to what we booked. We are also at back of ship on deck 14. They have moved us from one side to other

Just checked. We are on deck 14. P&O said " We won't be moving you and Mrs Zapp as you always speak kindly about us and are understanding of any little hiccups:

• Haha 15

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Just checked. We are on deck 14. P&O said " We won't be moving you and Mrs Zapp as you always speak kindly about us and are understanding of any little hiccups:

PS But we also know you have a good sense of humour, so we’re putting you in a lifeboat.

• Haha 20

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I bet you and Mrs Zapp being told that you wont be moving ,found that a very moving experience,

even though you wouldn't be moving 🙃😉

• Haha 8

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Why? If someone with Covid chooses to quarantine they can do so in their booked cabin. 

Heath protocols sounds more like infectious illness than a hot water failure. There has been talk about Novovirus in recent months which does not normally require setting up a quarantine area. I had thought that quarantine areas had long gone to be replaced with quarantine in your own cabin. Or even now voluntary quarantine? So the thought of quarantine zones being reintroduced and all that entails is worrying if this is true? With a few exceptions we do not get many first hand reports from ship on this forum now. I have not seen much from Arcadia’s world cruise

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

Heath protocols sounds more like infectious illness than a hot water failure. There has been talk about Novovirus in recent months which does not normally require setting up a quarantine area. I had thought that quarantine areas had long gone to be replaced with quarantine in your own cabin. Or even now voluntary quarantine? So the thought of quarantine zones being reintroduced and all that entails is worrying if this is true? With a few exceptions we do not get many first hand reports from ship on this forum now. I have not seen much from Arcadia’s world cruise

If no hot water surely that would be a health problem as you would be unable to wash and keep clean. 

23 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’m confused. As far as I can see, the rules have not changed so I don’t understand these changes.

I’m sure that many of us who are now worrying again about an issue that we thought was long gone (quarantine zones resulting in cabins booked via Select fares being changed after balance due date) would appreciate you clarifying what this is all about. An issue on one ship could maybe be attributed to a maintenance issue, but 3 ships and “health and well-being” being quoted as the reason is raising major concerns once again. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We don't plan doing any tests, so won't need to quarantine.

Same here, but I would be more than pi**ed off if our booked cabin was removed from us for those who would, especially as, in our case, it would mean that our cruise was cancelled. There’s only one other accessible cabin of the same or higher grade than we have booked, and that’s the sole accessible suite, which will be booked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I’m confused. As far as I can see, the rules have not changed so I don’t understand these changes.

Your comment is appreciated, far better than silence on the matter.  Can I ask if you can provide any future information you may become aware of about this though?  Obviously it is causing a lot of concern for most of us and will of course affect future sales - it seems strange that it is happening just before a new season release date.

Edited by tring
  • Like 4