Oceania Specialty Restaurant reservations

Cruiseskier

38 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Baristas is on deck 5 (entry to GDR) on the R-ships. It has the same types of goodies as the lounge from early morning to late afternoon. If you just want espresso drinks or tea, there are machines in Horizons and Terrace Cafe. It's not as convenient, but at least there is something.

Oh yes, I remember that from Sirena. Nice little post land excursion snacks or pre dinner nibbles! And the tea was pretty good too, but I’m now keeping fingers crossed that I might get a kettle in my room…..

6 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

but I’m now keeping fingers crossed that I might get a kettle in my room…..

I would not  think that will happen anytime soon  but good luck

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Ensuite dining, from the Specialty restaurants or the GDR, from your butler is available: During the regular hours of that venue.

Just to be clear..... the ability to order from specialty restaurants when dine in your room only applies to Penthouse Suites and above.....correct?  

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I would not  think that will happen anytime soon  but good luck

Well, they can do it on Cunard, Princess, P&O, Azura and Regent Seven Seas!

I always ask for a kettle and it’s amazing how often I get one. 

35 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Well, they can do it on Cunard, Princess, P&O, Azura and Regent Seven Seas!

I always ask for a kettle and it’s amazing how often I get one. 

Let us know if you get  one on Oceania

8 minutes ago, Kristal Blade said:

Will do.

when I was given one on RSS Splendour last Christmas I had to keep it secret, just in case everyone wanted one!

Thanks  for sharing

Guess we should all start asking for one 

I can keep a secret 😄

• Haha 2

Trying to change already confirmed res for Polo and Toscana on website.

1st, saw that other times were available.  Tried editing to change times.  Also tried CXL, and rebook, but didn't work.  Must be missing the correct way.

Can anyone give a quick tutorial.  Thanks

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

2 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Trying to change already confirmed res for Polo and Toscana on website.

1st, saw that other times were available.  Tried editing to change times.  Also tried CXL, and rebook, but didn't work.

Can anyone give a quick tutorial.  Thanks

In the past  I have cancelled  the res  then just rebooked the new time 

but  I guess maybe you have to call if that does not work

• Thanks 1

Greetings Oceania Pros,

Newbie here doing our first O cruise on Vista exactly 60 days from tomorrow at 9:01 pm here on the West Coast. Have not seen this mentioned before. 

There are seven of us. We are all in Concierge staterooms. I have all the reservation numbers. I am hoping to make reservations tomorrow night. Do you know if anyone is able to get a table for 7? We are willing to share with one other person if they would like to. So, are there tables for eight in the Vista specialty restaurants? And do you think they will seat us with seven?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jim

43 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

Greetings Oceania Pros,

Newbie here doing our first O cruise on Vista exactly 60 days from tomorrow at 9:01 pm here on the West Coast. Have not seen this mentioned before. 

There are seven of us. We are all in Concierge staterooms. I have all the reservation numbers. I am hoping to make reservations tomorrow night. Do you know if anyone is able to get a table for 7? We are willing to share with one other person if they would like to. So, are there tables for eight in the Vista specialty restaurants? And do you think they will seat us with seven?

Jim

They usually have tables for 8 on the other ships   I am guessing VISTA  will be the same

When you book your res  just  click the link to add guests &  add all their booking numbers 

it may be easier to  book your slot  then call O & add your friends 

I have never tried to add more that 1 other cabin

Just a thought

10 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Greetings Oceania Pros,

Jim

On the new Vista, the circular 8 tops have disappeared. This is different than the other ships. Outside of the new private rooms in PG and Toscana, I don’t remember any 8 tops. A 6 top was a rarity in Embers. 

The new compartmented layout on Vista is new. I would take Lyn’s advice, book yourself and one other couple, then have your TA see if they can get the larger 7 person group together.

On our recent Vista cruise I know there was a table of 8 next to us in Red Ginger.  Perhaps meant for six but I think they added a chair at each end of table. Seemed to be plenty of space for the group.  Had a similar one in Embers also. Most likely table for six and they added a table for two at end to accommodate. Also was still plenty of space to move around, etc.

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, fille_canadienne said:

Does anyone know what time do the reservations open on the assigned day? I can see the date I'm able to book specialty restaurants in my account on Oceania's website, but I cannot see the time. 

12:01am EST

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 11:02 AM, 1985rz1 said:

You'd be surprised by the number of cruisers who have booked a suite and ask here on CC what can they do.

You are correct.   We now have two upper suites booked but have never sailed Oceania before.    CC members are a really good source of information.

Finding out one needs to log in early to make all the dinner reservation was really important for us to understand.

• Like 1

Any strategies for getting a table for 2 only?

We have unfortunately not enjoyed sharing the table on our last 4 cruises. Prior to covid, that was not the case. You could get some "interesting " people, but mostly amiable.

Its easier if there are 8 and you can just stay quiet, but then you are there upwards to 2.5 hours. 

Its deadly if there are just 4 of us and the conversation starts with politics. If you object to that, it becomes even worse. 

I have tried a variety of ways to prevent that from happening, none of them successful.

What was successful, is going to the Maître d' upon entering and explaining why we need to sit by ourselves. 

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct.   We now have two upper suites booked but have never sailed Oceania before.    CC members are a really good source of information.

Finding out one needs to log in early to make all the dinner reservation was really important for us to understand.

Jim, I might be wrong and someone can correct me if I am, but I think the top 3 suites can make their specialty reservations as soon as final payment is made. Either way you’re not going to have much competition for times and restaurants. 

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

Jim, I might be wrong and someone can correct me if I am, but I think the top 3 suites can make their specialty reservations as soon as final payment is made. Either way you’re not going to have much competition for times and restaurants. 

Orv is correct

k🛳