Upgrading Beverage Package

eyelovcrusin

Spoke with resolution department about this very matter last week. DH does not drink alcohol due to health conditions.  They noted it in our reservation and I will present a letter from his PCP attesting to this.  They could not upgrade me to premium via our conversation, but assured me that I will be able to do this on board with said documentation.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, lobsternight said:

We did 1 person on board in September, not sure if that has changed

All adults in a cabin must have the same beverage package as of January or February this year.  Exceptions such as @misha1 noted can be handled on an exception basis, pregnancy is another exception. 

• Thanks 1

I was able to do this just recently , via phone, to get my CC discount. I drink, my wife does not. She is also a diabetic. I explained it, and was able to get the premium for my self and the zero proof for my wife. No hassle, no documentation, was easier than expected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:57 PM, misha1 said:

Spoke with resolution department about this very matter last week. DH does not drink alcohol due to health conditions.  They noted it in our reservation and I will present a letter from his PCP attesting to this.  They could not upgrade me to premium via our conversation, but assured me that I will be able to do this on board with said documentation.  We shall see.

I called the Captain's Club and after being told no from my initial call I got a yes from them. I don't drink (medical)  Hubby likes the good stuff. Apparently the change was made in March that everyone in the cabin had to have the same package.

I don't think the crux of the OP's question has been fully answered yet. It sounds like "eyelovcrusin" is asking if there has been any onboard experience with only one person in the stateroom upgrading. I'm sure all of the folks responding about calling Celebrity and having success have been helpful to other people. Personally, I'm also interested if upgrading only one person in a stateroom is possible while onboard even without a medical reason. Maybe the bartenders have a backdoor in the system to make this possible? Maybe not. I'm happy for those who were able to call and get one person upgraded for their personal situations. Cheers!

13 hours ago, DrOfBytes said:

I don't think the crux of the OP's question has been fully answered yet. It sounds like "eyelovcrusin" is asking if there has been any onboard experience with only one person in the stateroom upgrading. I'm sure all of the folks responding about calling Celebrity and having success have been helpful to other people. Personally, I'm also interested if upgrading only one person in a stateroom is possible while onboard even without a medical reason. Maybe the bartenders have a backdoor in the system to make this possible? Maybe not. I'm happy for those who were able to call and get one person upgraded for their personal situations. Cheers!

I asked this very question on FB this week.  We have no health issue or non-drinking preference - I just like the nicer wine and other "stuff" on the Premium list - my husband's liquor preferences are on the Classic list.  Since this change just started to be "enforced" in March, only one person said they had success upgrading one of the two in the cabin ----- all the rest were not.  I'm going to try when we board on the 17th and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Linda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Beyond last week and tried to upgrade only my DH several times on Day 1 and was repeatedly told no. On Day 2 we were told yes by a waiter working in the World Class bar. He put the sticker on my husband's card and we paid for 6 days. We had to keep an eye on our account because we were overcharged a few times for his drinks after that, but guest services fixed each error. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, tonto524 said:

Pre-cruise I was quoted $18.99 + 18% gratuity per day and that is with the Elite discount.  Regular price should be about $20 per day plus grat. Per person.

I went to the cruise planner to upgrade.  It wouldn't let me upgrade just one.  Had to do both.  For a 17-night sailing, came out to a little over $800 with tax & gratuity -- just for the upgrade.  I called Celebrity and told them my wife didn't drink because of her medication, so they gave me an exception.  With my Elite+ discount, I was charged $297 for just me.  

Edited by Wineaux007

43 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I went to the cruise planner to upgrade.  It wouldn't let me upgrade just one.  Had to do both.  For a 17-night sailing, came out to a little over $800 with tax & gratuity -- just for the upgrade.  I called Celebrity and told them my wife didn't drink because of her medication, so they gave me an exception.  With my Elite+ discount, I was charged $297 for just me.  

Curious to know if your wife retained her Classic package.......

2 hours ago, tonto524 said:

Curious to know if your wife retained her Classic package.......

No, in my confirmation email they upgraded me and downgraded her Classic to the Zero Proof Promo Drink Package.  I called and talked to a different agent to get her Classic reinstated.  They did.  

Solstice TP upgrade from Classic to Premium was $820 for the both of us.  That's insane.  You have to call to get a real discount and not include the both of you.

1 hour ago, Wineaux007 said:

No, in my confirmation email they upgraded me and downgraded her Classic to the Zero Proof Promo Drink Package.  I called and talked to a different agent to get her Classic reinstated.  They did.  

Solstice TP upgrade from Classic to Premium was $820 for the both of us.  That's insane.  You have to call to get a real discount and not include the both of you.

Why would you retain the Classic Package if she doesn't drink.  Wouldn't the Zero Proof provide more more premium non alcoholic options?