Just off of the Legend out of Baltimore and never...

silverturtle

On 4/11/2023 at 12:13 PM, CorrieCJ said:

How late was the Lido pool open? I know Legend doesn't have the "dive in movies" because they don't have the big screen, but I'm wondering if the pool is kept open late (my kids love night swimming after late dinner). Sailing in August.

I'm sure we saw kids coming out of the pool area later at night. So I'd assume they stay open later.

• Like 1

We were on the same cruise!  We had a great time.  Great weather too until the last sea day. I also only smelled pot once out on my balcony.  I was surprised by the drug sniffing dogs but they were really cute! 

Legend needs dry dock, though. Just minor stuff. Example, the hot tub under the glass roof, the jets don’t work. Or maybe I missed some buttons?  

Bonsai sushi was really fantastic.  The staff at the deli and pizza pirate really got a workout! 

The port of Baltimore really is the best for disembark.  Can’t beat walking off the ship and back home within an hour.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SecretSK said:

Legend needs dry dock, though. Just minor stuff. Example, the hot tub under the glass roof, the jets don’t work. Or maybe I missed some buttons?  

Buttons or not, you don't need to dry dock a ship to fix a hot tub.

Speaking of the drug dogs, when we boarded last week, the dog came up and stuck his nose right in my crotch and kept sniffing it repeatedly. I swear, I had NO DRUGS in my crotch.  The police officer told me "Just keep moving" and the dog continued to follow me and stick his nose in my butt.  Eventually the dog moved on, but I was a little concerned there for a minute....

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Speaking of the drug dogs, when we boarded last week, the dog came up and stuck his nose right in my crotch and kept sniffing it repeatedly. I swear, I had NO DRUGS in my crotch.  The police officer told me "Just keep moving" and the dog continued to follow me and stick his nose in my butt.  Eventually the dog moved on, but I was a little concerned there for a minute....

That's ridiculous! They're taking this dog thing way to far... People are going on vacation not to prison.

33 minutes ago, CaptG said:

That's ridiculous! They're taking this dog thing way to far... People are going on vacation not to prison.

Carnival either gets serious about keeping pot off the ships or they lose customers who don't want to smell it while relaxing on their balconies.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Thanks for distracting the drug dog. While it was sniffing you, I was able sneak my DRUGS! on.  

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, CaptG said:

Oh, it didn't bother me. We have dogs so I am used to having my crotch sniffed. 

5 hours ago, CaptG said:

Don't bring any drugs and you won't have anything to worry about.

Except for Eli_6, apparently  😄

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

On the Miracle they opted not to fix the hot tub in the gym but removed it instead. 

Interesting off-topic tidbit...good to know. I should append my original statement to note that you also don't need to dry dock a ship to remove a hot tub either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Interesting off-topic tidbit...good to know. I should append my original statement to note that you also don't need to dry dock a ship to remove a hot tub either.

It was a nice big hot tub in a not crowded area, a real bummer! 

3 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

It was a nice big hot tub in a not crowded area, a real bummer! 

Not just a bummer, but a real bummer. I'm sorry that this happened to you...especially since it happened on a ship that is not the topic of this thread. I hope everything works out for the best.

3 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Not just a bummer, but a real bummer. I'm sorry that this happened to you...especially since it happened on a ship that is not the topic of this thread. I hope everything works out for the best.

A bit off topic yes, but related. 

13 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

A bit off topic yes, but related. 

Right, right...totally agree. A hot tub on the Miracle is totally related to a thread about cruising on the Legend. Everyone can see that.

Of course, you pulled me into this by quoting a post where I simply pointed out that hot tub maintenance doesn't require a dry dock, so some might be confused by how it all ties together.

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Right, right...totally agree. A hot tub on the Miracle is totally related to a thread about cruising on the Legend. Everyone can see that.

Of course, you pulled me into this by quoting a post where I simply pointed out that hot tub maintenance doesn't require a dry dock, so some might be confused by how it all ties together.

You should think about applying for a moderator position here. Almost every topic on CC goes off topic sometimes a little sometimes a lot. And yes your post was off topic also. OP was talking about the lack of rowdiness.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:08 PM, pcvtmom said:

32 Carnival cruises and I've never witnessed a fight and have only very recently smelled pot. (I think because so many states have made it legal, people don't want to follow federal laws and Carnival's rules). 

On 4/9/2023 at 5:07 PM, silverturtle said:

I've never seen a fight either!

26 cruises and never saw one either.  Now that they updated their policy with a fine for fighting ($500?) maybe I'll never get to.  Anyway, as someone else said, I remember the good old days when fighting was free!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

You should think about applying for a moderator position here. Almost every topic on CC goes off topic sometimes a little sometimes a lot. And yes your post was off topic also. OP was talking about the lack of rowdiness.

We're all aware of what the OP was talking about. However, my post (the one that you quoted) was clarifying an error in another poster's response...not the OP's initial comment.

The whataboutism is just sad.

We have done both the Pride and the Legend out of Baltimore as it is just over a 2 hour drive from home.  We choose a 1:00 pm check in and have parked and walked onto the ship with no lines both times.

We have been on 7 Carnival cruises and have never seen a fight.  With everyone having cell phones and having to post everything they see on social media the perception is that every cruise has a knock down, drag out brawl, but that is certainly not the case.

4 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

We have done both the Pride and the Legend out of Baltimore as it is just over a 2 hour drive from home.  We choose a 1:00 pm check in and have parked and walked onto the ship with no lines both times.

We have been on 7 Carnival cruises and have never seen a fight.  With everyone having cell phones and having to post everything they see on social media the perception is that every cruise has a knock down, drag out brawl, but that is certainly not the case.

I am in Aston so exactly in the same "ship" as you.  I also have the exact same experience as you.  

My only addendum is that last time in our balcony room the pot smell was near constant.

1 hour ago, skywalkr2 said:

My only addendum is that last time in our balcony room the pot smell was near constant.

If that happens again call security, that's the only way it's going to stop.  Once people hear about folks being fined and/or put off the ship they'll be far less likely to bother us with their stench.  

Also, in 15 cruises on Carnival I've never seen a fight.  Closest I got was watching someone get told off by his wife after he fell flat on his face sh#& faced drunk on embarkation day before sail away.

Edited by groundloop
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, groundloop said:

...Also, in 15 cruises on Carnival I've never seen a fight.  Closest I got was watching someone get told off by his wife after he fell flat on his face sh#& faced drunk on embarkation day before sail away.

Was she more upset that he fell or that he spilled a perfectly good drink?😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

I am in Aston so exactly in the same "ship" as you.  I also have the exact same experience as you.  

I'm in Pennsburg/Green Lane and have been on the Pride out of Baltimore 8 times and have the same experience.  All have been 7 or 8 nights.  Have not smelled pot either.

• Like 1