Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Joan,

The current Concierges are Carolyne, Elena and Jat.    We haven't met any of them yet as they had lines 4-5 deep sorting out things.   

We have plenty of time to meet them.

All 3 of them are great! We actually had a tear in our eyes when we left last month. If it's appropriate, greet them from me sometime while you're onboard. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe Pepe's it will be ---  

It's incredible --- years and years ago Trader Joe's had a Key Lime that was one of the best I had ever had.   It was so tart you would immediately pucker.    I recently stopped into a Trader Joe's and they no longer have it. 

We have enjoyed Amigo's as you can order a full slice that is actually 1/2 slice of both The Key Lime Pie Bakery and The Key Lime Pie Company20230319_132516.thumb.jpg.0c83e9f91889f74e0c54a50f45cc55d2.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really surprised that we were warmly greeted by Yuksel the Maitri ‘d.    We last sailed with him for 6  weeks on Summit.   He said he saw our names and was excited to see us again. 

Please let Yuksel know George's Dad from two weeks ago says hello, and that we're still talking about then pizza and mint gelato. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They were jammed and there was a tall slender man with some Gold helping to expedite things and clearing table.   Couldn't figure out who he may have been and Iain suggested Suites Manager.

That's Marius (sp), who I believe is the head waiter.  He also supervises Dinner on the Magic Carpet, and seems to be the pinch hitter for Luminae.  

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They are for the Fireplace of course.   LOL

Actually that is one of the high price decorative items Kelly Ann Hopper sold Celebrity as part of her "Design" work.    I'm sure I could get you a pair for $1,000 (U.S. of course).

I can only imagine her laughing all the way to the bank.   "Can you believe I sold them 5,000 of those.   The also have them in the Retreats of all she ships that have been Revolutionized.

We find most of  the Hoppen design and decor to be fake and sterile.  We usually have all the ugly fake coral and unusable vases removed asap..

That's why we hope to be able to.order a few floral displays for ASCENT... but so far no luck! I will try to bring at least one with me but that gets messy!

suite layout looks nice but those stumps are just wierd!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Jim, enjoy your day in Key West! We really liked the Truman White House and had a great docent named Ann who really brought history to life.

it will beinteresting to hear about your adventures today and your "winner" for Key Lime pie! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Lunch time

Really surprised that we were warmly greeted by Yuksel the Maitri ‘d.    We last sailed with him for 6  weeks on Summit.   He said he saw our names and was excited to see us again.

Greetings Jim!

Yuksel is wonderful! We so enjoyed him last year on the Summit.

Please pass along regards from Andy and Jen!

10 hours ago, Hafa2990 said:

We debarked from the Apex this morning after a wonderful week. This was our final view of it - you’re somewhere on it!
Happy and sad to be home.
Enjoy your trip.

It is always sad when a cruise ends and PCD (post cruise depression) sets in. 

great picture 

10 hours ago, garyl62 said:

All 3 of them are great! We actually had a tear in our eyes when we left last month. If it's appropriate, greet them from me sometime while you're onboard. 

We will probably meet them this morning when we go up for a light breakfasts 

Last night we also saw Lyle from South Africa.  They extended his contract and said he was helping the butlers as they were short staffed.  He end his contract at end of this cruise

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We always request one as well.  My wife is Japanese and we both drink a lot of green tea.  I have been known to steal those Tea Forte pyramids from the lounge and stock our room. 

One of the first missions I have is to go to the OVC and find two of the largest coffee cups I can and take them back to the room.  The bigger the cup the better. 

Iain drinks STRONG tea.   Usually as dark as my coffee.   usually 2 bags of Teatley British Strength.   He brings his tea with him. 

As I just wrote that he mutter as weak as dishwater.  We are at retreat now. 

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Since this is your first E-Class ship I'm wondering what your initial impression is and whether it's what you anticipated. 

We have been on Edge a couple years ago so pretty much identical. 

We are far forward so definitely noticing the distance to every thing.  Last night Iain said I may not even need to walk the track.    All his smoking areas are far from our room. 

So far service is excellent.   Ship in top notch condition.    We have yet to see 90% of the ship. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, haynesra said:

Jim and Lain glad you made on to the cruise - major difference in stress now you onboard and in the comfort zone of cruising!!

It is nice to know we have absolutely few plans for the next couple months. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, garyl62 said:

We have enjoyed Amigo's as you can order a full slice that is actually 1/2 slice of both The Key Lime Pie Bakery and The Key Lime Pie Company20230319_132516.thumb.jpg.0c83e9f91889f74e0c54a50f45cc55d2.jpg

We will be going ashore shortly.  I’ll look for it. 

10 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We sail mid May from Rome, so this will keep me going until we sail. Have great cruises!

May is a good time for Italy.   We were in Venice in August a couple years ago and it was about 100 F and crowded

45 minutes ago, DisneyJen said:

Greetings Jim!

Yuksel is wonderful! We so enjoyed him last year on the Summit.

Please pass along regards from Andy and Jen!

Will do.   I was kidding him yesterday.  He had this raspberry dinner jacket that I loved.  When I got home I searched and found one.   He said lucky he left it home this cruise so we won’t look like twins. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have been on Edge a couple years ago so pretty much identical. 

We are far forward so definitely noticing the distance to every thing.  Last night Iain said I may not even need to walk the track.    All his smoking areas are far from our room. 

So far service is excellent.   Ship in top notch condition.    We have yet to see 90% of the ship. 

Last year on the Apex , we had the Oceanview at the bow 9103 , from there to the pizza station and back it was about 950 steps 🤣