Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

The shuttle was either 10 dollars, euros or pounds.  No brained we paid in dollars

the dropped us off across from City hall

IMG_5210.thumb.jpeg.38af11c08b25ebabf47913069d2c9828.jpeg

IMG_5211.thumb.jpeg.07f7b8b9785e1e51f322c94079777134.jpeg

IMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.1c1c32486868b3bb20ae7cca9c175132.jpeg

IMG_5213.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 8

Finally Iain’s cousin and asked her.  Excuse me do you know the way to Kilwinning (where they are from).  She looked confused and didn’t recognize him.  When the reveal came there was surprise and excitement 

IMG_5269.thumb.jpeg.f9fb2061cd591fe271ef725e267c4a53.jpeg

IMG_5270.thumb.jpeg.5f0d7887b237751bb50c32a37d67517a.jpeg

IMG_5276.thumb.jpeg.eb77f1c7d2b3f6bca634c59509633e01.jpeg

• Like 16

After a 2+ hour coffee to chat, Isin and I took off for the Botanical Gardens and Alex and Evelyn went shopping 

IMG_5267.thumb.jpeg.eba465a362d91d626be7c3ef8fa24879.jpeg

IMG_5278.thumb.jpeg.91d29a2eab9fdd19a56d548e585371f1.jpeg

IMG_5280.thumb.jpeg.a23d7e48d7e81cd3666a784fc36d3bcc.jpeg

IMG_5283.thumb.jpeg.100e45b7b3644a92afc2b1934ce571db.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_5290.jpeg

IMG_5291.jpeg

I got a kick out of this.   The Fired up Ribs must have burnt up the building. 

IMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5297.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 15
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

They were in Belfast Ireland

I was asking who was actually providing the shuttle they took for $10/pp. There was no indication who's service they were using. My July sailing will also includes Belfast. We port on a Sunday so we may do a 90 minutes Troubles Mural Taxi Tour in the morning and then be dropped of in the City Center. 

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I was asking who was actually providing the shuttle they took for $10/pp. There was no indication who's service they were using. My July sailing will also includes Belfast. We port on a Sunday so we may do a 90 minutes Troubles Mural Taxi Tour in the morning and then be dropped of in the City Center. 

Got it.  I assume it was shuttle from the celebrity dock to town.  There is a drop off point in town.  That's my assumption;  most likely I am wrong

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Hi

I have done the Black Cab Troubles tour in Belfast,,,absolutely brilliant.

If you have time the Titanic Belfast experience is a must see.

And the Guinness is just as good as in Dublin….lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The Titanic Museum in Belfast is really worth a visit. It’s one of the most popular attractions in the city. It’s takes about two hours to go around. You should purchase tickets online. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

And the Guinness is just as good as in Dublin….lol!

We've done the Guinness Tour in Dublin many years ago when we did a weeks land tour in Ireland. That was great!

Due to a heavy storm coming in The Captain cancelled the Shetland Islands for tomorrow.  We are instead going to Invergordon (Close to Inverness).   

It was a wise decision and even on the more southern route past the Orkney's we had a huge swell hit during dinner and you could hear dishes in the Kitchen in Luminae crashing to the floor.   Luckily It was only 2 or 3 swells that came through and thing are starting to calm down   In the next hour we should be sheltered by Scotland.

They quickly have put on 6 tours and handed out schedules for the trains and busses to those that want to do Inversess on their own.

image.thumb.png.b2c984b4986fdbac285a7bd95a0f7826.png

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, MMMCruiser said:

Loving this thread - thanks for letting me follow along.

I was in Invergordon in 2018 on a cruise - I recognize Cawdor Castle and the gardens there.  The sail in through the oil rigs is something I won't forget.

Wow oil rigs near Invergordon. Clearly a long time since I lived in Scotland. I only ever knew them when I was a student in Aberdeen and they were out in the North Sea half way to Norway. It would have been around the time of the terrible Piper Alpha disaster.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 1:38 PM, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

Hi, Jim,

I've spent the week reading your entire thread after returning from a 19 day voyage on the Summit. Finally caught up. We actually met on the Summit on the first leg of the Iceland cruise last August.  I stopped you on the stairs to say hello. It's been fascinating to follow your adventures and all the heartfelt stories you and other shared along the way. And you certainly have an eye for captivating photos, from your doors to flowers to vistas as well as people. Thanks for taking all of us along with you and Iain. When I grow up I want to be like you. Hopefully I'll get the chance to cruise with you again and get the oppurtunity to chat a little more.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann.  

I do remember meeting you on the stairs after so many days. 

last night Iain met a person that he used to smoke with from the same cruise.   Funny how small the world is. 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 10:03 PM, JintyGirl said:

It’s way too early for them to bloom in Scotland - I’m surprised they’re out in Ireland (not known for its Mediterranean climate either). I have California poppies too which are blooming just now! 

The Atlantic current is really strange to 

• Like 1