When was your last cruise and your next scheduled cruise.

shepherd really

My BIL and spouse live in SF, so our overnight last fall was spent visiting them.
Day 1: Walked 12 miles from ship (south of Ferry bldg.) to see new section (national park) of the Presidio...no problem. Rode the free public bus ("Presidigo" haha) back to the near the Ferry bldg and walked to the ship...no problem.
Day 2: Walked then rode the subway to near BIL's house south of Golden Gate Park and back...no problem.

Message...SF is a very big place; there are sections to avoid and others that are fine....this has been the case since before any of us were born.

• Like 2

OK, I'm skipping the pessimism....realize I'm on the back 9, just don't know what hole I'm on!

Post Covid we have sailed:

Jan. 2023 South America on Marina 

Looking forward to:

June 2023 Istanbul-Rome on Vista

April 2024 Miami to Barcelona on Marina

Nov-Dec 2024 Singapore to Auckland n Regent

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Wow you have me dead many cruises ago..LOL

Jancruz1

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Thanks Linda,

Stu has his 90th birthday next month and we have 3 more cruises this year..

Miss cruising with you!!

Jancruz1

Unfortunately its the airlines that are stopping us so we decided no more international thats why we are not doing Vista for naming in Malta..

Stu's 90? Wow, I thought he was about 70 or 75. LOL, You guys amaze me, I hope I can still be cruising at your age. I think it's because he's so ornery that keeps him young. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ORV said:

Make sure the Ultimate works with that Cabin selection. My cruise in January the Ultimate was only for B4- PH1. There were many other cruises with the same Terms. 

True enough. We considered swapping for another cruise and found that it didn't apply. I think you need to look for cruises with "Exceptional Saving" label. 

But confirm with the agent to be sure.

19 hours ago, jazznruby said:

Oooh, gotta differ with that one. I know you're making a rash generalization, and sure, there are plenty of examples of your 'after 75' statement, but...at 77 and 75 respectively, my husband and I are in better shape than many younger travelers/cruisers....happy to say. And while there's always the possibility that things change and s..t happens, we haven't yet started the countdown.

Every one is different, and at 65 my life expectancy is 83. That said, Mom was motoring around the house at 97 and died at 100.

I tell my clients filet mignon tastes a whole lot better at 70 than it does at 90. I'm good with that as a standard. Front load every good time you have and don't leave anything on the table.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, ORV said:

Stu's 90? Wow, I thought he was about 70 or 75. LOL, You guys amaze me, I hope I can still be cruising at your age. I think it's because he's so ornery that keeps him young. 

Orv, you do know I am only 29??

Hi to Theresa

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lost the "real" point of this post ages ago.....but for the record?  Last cruise 3/2/23....next was already booked for 9/26/23.  And not positive that I would have booked this one after the March trip....due to lack of food quality, shore excursions, etc....Still debating whether to cancel or switch to another luxury line....as I have been shopping...but HATE to ditch Oceania!  But maybe once I have a go or two on another line...I will feel as devoted to them as well......stay tuned.

• Like 2

Last Oceania Cruise - June 2022 Oceania Riviera (10-night Rome to Barcelona)

Last cruise - December 2022 Holland America Koningsdam (MX Riviera) - did this one because we went with friends who chose the line and itinerary  😁

Next cruise - January 2024 - Oceania Vista - Golden Sands Caribbean

After that - will probably book the next Oceania cruise while on board.

When on the HAL cruise, we were CONSTANTLY comparing things to our June Oceania cruise, and HAL just wasn't as nice, in our opinion. Not awful, just not as nice.

Edited by DENIE
  • Like 1

Last Oceania Cruise - Marina Amazon Dec/Jan 2023

Next Oceania cruise -- none planned.  Still have some FCC left through 2024.

Still looking for another quality cruise line (sampling Seabourn, SS and Regent), especially since the Crystal bankruptcy.

Next Cruises are (especially since officially retired):

Seabourn Encore 30 April 2023 Greek Isles and Turkish Riviera

Silver Shadow - November 2023 - Quebec to Fort Lauderdale

RSSC Explorer - Japan March/April 2024

RSSC Mariner - Amsterdam to Barcelona - August 2024

Silver Moon - Lisbon to Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale - Nov 2024

RSSC Voyager - Sydney to Auckland to Papeete - Jan/Feb 2025

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1

In 2022, we traveled on Regatta, Insignia and Sirena for > 60 days.

Our most recent (and favorite) trip was Santiago (San Antonio) - Miami on the Marina for 58 days, February - April, 2023.

Looking forward in 2023:

Regatta, 11 days, Alaska, July, 2023.

Nautica, 10 days, Mediterranean, October-November.

Marina, 20 days, Lisbon-Miami, November-December. 

2024 & early 2025 are (mostly!) booked. Checking Oceania website and watching the mail for the rest of the 2025 itineraries!

• Like 1

Our last cruise was on Riviera Jan 14-31, 2023.

Our next Oceania cruise is Dec 12, 2024 Dubai to Singapore for 30 days.
As much as we fell in love with Oceania during our first cruise with them in 2004, we also love other kinds of travel.

In 3 weeks, we leave for a 6 week trip to Scotland, postponed from 2020.

In August, we'll spend several days in Amsterdam, take a Rhine River cruise to Basel, travel around Switzerland for 2-3 weeks.
Over the winter, we plan to spend a week in Mexico City with Road Scholar, will add on a week in Merida and a week in Oaxaca.
I'm sure there will be another couple of trips during 2024, but I have no idea where yet.

• Like 1

Last cruise was Regatta, Mexican Riviera, April/May 2022. 

Next cruise is Regatta, Vancouver to LA (back to back or Grand Voyage according to O),  this September.  First time sailing alone, it will be different but I know I’ll have a great time with dear friends on both legs of the journey.  

John and I were supposed to be on a 30 day Med cruise in October of this year on Riviera. Next year we were to do Stockholm to Dublin on Insignia.  Not up to doing Europe for that long solo quite yet.  

Edited by LNielsen
  • Like 1

Last cruise:
August 8, 2022: Regatta (Seattle to Seattle…Alaska)

Next cruise(s):
July 23, 2023: Marina (Copenhagen to Tromso)
Jan 20, 2024:  Nautica (Papeete to Papeete)

The biggest difference I’ve noted between post and pre Covid cruises is the excursions—not just the cancellations (staffing for excursion companies is difficult, I’m sure), but the Oceania excursion desk staff’s poor handling in rescheduling, reimbursing, etc.  It was my biggest (probably only) complaint on the Aug 8 cruise last summer.

I find the food to be just as good; other staff to be pleasant and helpful; the things I like about cruising to be just as nice.  The library still has good books and is a beautiful place to spend some time.  They still let us bring wine (and other alcohol) on board.  I can still get surf-and-turf-hold-the-bun at Waves.  I can sit on my veranda with a glass of wine and a good book and enjoy the view/breeze/nap.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 1:16 PM, Jancruz said:

Unfortunately its the airlines that are stopping us so we decided no more international thats why we are not doing Vista for naming in Malta..

Take an LA to NYC and then do a QM2 crossing 😃I don’t like those long flights either. 

Had so much fun on our (not) Bermuda 😂sailing last month with you, Stu and the group. Hopefully we can join you again someday. That red ginger tasting menu dinner was a real treat!  Thanks again for everything. 

Last sailing was 10 day RT miami to Bermuda last month 

Next one is a RT Vancouver 11 day Alaska sailing leaving April 29. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel