LIVE from Radiance Apr. 21, 2023 - The Panama Canal - Canal au Niveau de la Mer

I really enjoyed the excursion and the narration that I haven't posted here was very informative. 

All aboard is 5:30pm and with the area a quick walk I'm going to change into dry clothes and head back out. 

• Like 2

While I'm here with time on my hands, yesterday I had a 30 minute wifi call with Air2Sea to reprice some flights. 

I didn't dare do this from my cabin because the wifi is weak and the 2.4GHz misconfigured.  So I went to the voom area on deck 7.  Here I had better wifi and my call started out great but the Centrum music started, very loud. 

So I had to step into a guest hallway near the voom desk so I could converse. 

The call quality wasn't great.  Over the 30 minutes there was times it was okay and times we couldn't understand each other.   It's probably one of the worst wifi calling experiences I've had on a Royal ship.  I stayed connected to wifi at 5GHz on a good 40MHz channel but Starlink wasn't performing consistently over the 30 minutes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

While I'm here with time on my hands, yesterday I had a 30 minute wifi call with Air2Sea to reprice some flights. 

I didn't dare do this from my cabin because the wifi is weak and the 2.4GHz misconfigured.  So I went to the voom area on deck 7.  Here I had better wifi and my call started out great but the Centrum music started, very loud. 

So I had to step into a guest hallway near the voom desk so I could converse. 

The call quality wasn't great.  Over the 30 minutes there was times it was okay and times we couldn't understand each other.   It's probably one of the worst wifi calling experiences I've had on a Royal ship.  I stayed connected to wifi at 5GHz on a good 40MHz channel but Starlink wasn't performing consistently over the 30 minutes. 

I don't know what T-Mobile  plan you have, but mine includes free service in Mexico, including calls.

Just now, mo&fran said:

I don't know what T-Mobile  plan you have, but mine includes free service in Mexico, including calls.

Yesterday we were at sea. 

Today TMobile is great in Huatulco. 

• Like 2

We walked to the little inland village of La Crucecita. There is a wide path, lined with trees, flowers, lights and benches. It’s about a 10 min stroll over the slight hill. You find the start of the Corridora Touristica opposite the Holiday Inn just next to the pink building.

IMG_0676.thumb.jpeg.7e63ddc1ea006f6c3a5b3f4ef03e9b63.jpeg

A little village with a square, church, tourist restaurants and shops. It was very busy with families so I’m guessing May 1st is a holiday here too.IMG_0680.thumb.jpeg.a23aa5b28e246a891a2c43deae4fb12a.jpeg

IMG_0681.thumb.jpeg.b261933f33e7c4230777c5289778ade4.jpeg

We walked back to the beach, it was hot, beer time!  Swam, had lunch, and swam some more. The water was very warm.  Joined in port by the NCL Sun. Many crew were enjoining beach time too as it was so close and accessible IMG_0696.thumb.jpeg.7b5963862583dfc4498594a0ab44e9f4.jpeg

Even our Captain went paddle IMG_0687.thumb.jpeg.a3f1b167e31c80630c5d2694cf9e8954.jpegboarding 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 10

The 3G/4G signal in port was terrible for us. We connect to Moviestar and it constantly dropped out! Even the restaurant Wi-Fi was rubbish! Had to wait until back on board to post… and that’s saying something!  I don’t even have a phone signal connection in my cabin 😐

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here but way back in 2014!  There was a Mexican venue on deck 11 then, had some of the best tortilla soup I ever ate there....several times!  And that's saying a lot from a Texan!  Looks like they made it into a Dog House since then.  They really had pretty good food.😥

On Radiance, Rita’s cantina (at least I believe that was the name) area is still in place, although not a restaurant anymore, but used for windjammer seating.  The Hot dogs are on the right as you walk into windjammer.  

1 hour ago, Cherful59 said:

On Radiance, Rita’s cantina (at least I believe that was the name) area is still in place, although not a restaurant anymore, but used for windjammer seating.  The Hot dogs are on the right as you walk into windjammer.  

OK, just wish they'd kept it...we loved it.  We were in Alaska and that soup hit the spot.  I think we had it several lunches.

Edited by BecciBoo