Purchasing WIFi issues

NG11

Hi everyone

I tried to find a recent thread that would help but couldn't.

Anyway, has anyone tried to purchase wifi via the app recently and does it work? I've had no luck after trying numerous times over the past few weeks. It comes up with a failure/error message. 

I reinstalled the app (no luck) and called the call centre who couldn't seem to fix it. Any suggestions? Am I the only one?

Thanks in advance (Sailing is the start of June)Screenshot_20230413_082516_Princess.thumb.jpg.4e80491ebf60f8470a554c45dfce56d7.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NG11 said:

Hi everyone

I tried to find a recent thread that would help but couldn't.

Anyway, has anyone tried to purchase wifi via the app recently and does it work? I've had no luck after trying numerous times over the past few weeks. It comes up with a failure/error message. 

I reinstalled the app (no luck) and called the call centre who couldn't seem to fix it. Any suggestions? Am I the only one?

Thanks in advance (Sailing is the start of June)Screenshot_20230413_082516_Princess.thumb.jpg.4e80491ebf60f8470a554c45dfce56d7.jpg

Sometimes the weekend they are updating on the App Or website. It may interfere with your responses.

I’d retry tomorrow, on Monday.

If no luck, you can send a message to the IT department for help.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Give these details;

Your Full name

Ship and sailing date

Booking no

Exact problem you’re having.

Welcome to CC!

BTW, for security, always blackout your

booking no, when posting on CV or social media.

Hey guys, thanks for the tips (esp regarding blocking out the booking number)

I've been trying for 2 weeks now and no luck so I doubt waiting a day or 2 will fix it. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing,

Cheers for the email lead, I'll follow it up if there is no change in a week.

NG11

8 hours ago, NG11 said:

Hey guys, thanks for the tips (esp regarding blocking out the booking number)

I've been trying for 2 weeks now and no luck so I doubt waiting a day or 2 will fix it. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing,

Cheers for the email lead, I'll follow it up if there is no change in a week.

NG11

If it’s been 2 weeks then something is wrong.

Make sure your phone or laptop is updated, clear the history/cache.  Check to see if your PCL App is up to date.

Delete and reinstall the App on your phone.

If none of this helps, send the message to IT, like I gave you above and ask them to correct it.

If you have TA/CVP they may be able to purchase the internet for you. You’ll have to ask them. 

Lastly, you could purchase OB on the first day of the cruise.  Personally, I’d do it ahead of time.

Do give us feedback.  Good luck.

Hi we are having the same message since before Christmas so rang Princess and they tried to help by paying over the phone but they had issues taking charge but IT problems so payment not taken.

I completed all our personal information but still same message, prefer to pay before we go which is October as we have the payment showing in Sterling so no transaction fee if it was US dollars

Mrs Blue Sky

1 hour ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

Hi we are having the same message since before Christmas so rang Princess and they tried to help by paying over the phone but they had issues taking charge but IT problems so payment not taken.

I completed all our personal information but still same message, prefer to pay before we go which is October as we have the payment showing in Sterling so no transaction fee if it was US dollars

Mrs Blue Sky

That’s ridiculous!  You should not still be having problems.

There have been major errors a few times last year regarding the Internet feature on the App. 

Try my suggestions above, for the OP and see if they help.  If not, definitely send an email to IT.  You can also call the IT or Ocean Ready team using the phone tree.

Both you and @NG11, here’s another IT email, which you can try.  

A360ad7@carnival.com

Give us feedback and best of luck.

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, and at least its somethibg to know it's not an isolated issue. Like you guys I prefer to buy before in case the price on board increases. 

I rang them, like 'Mr Blue Sky' the princess operator couldn't even purchase on my behalf sighting IT issues. They put a job through for IT to fix so will give it a few days and see. 

Thanks again for the update with the email!

If anyone is on the Majestic 3rd June cruise, see you in the queue at the wofi desk 😉

54 minutes ago, NG11 said:

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, and at least its somethibg to know it's not an isolated issue. Like you guys I prefer to buy before in case the price on board increases. 

I rang them, like 'Mr Blue Sky' the princess operator couldn't even purchase on my behalf sighting IT issues. They put a job through for IT to fix so will give it a few days and see. 

Thanks again for the update with the email!

If anyone is on the Majestic 3rd June cruise, see you in the queue at the wofi desk 😉

It bears repeating.  Don't sweat it pre-purchasing MedallionNet.  You can do it on board Day 1 for the same price.  Do you have any OBC to burn?

Thanks for clearing that up, good knowing it's the same price, that was my biggest concern.

No OBC so wanted to pay straight with my credit card but see how it unfolds

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s ridiculous!  You should not still be having problems.

There have been major errors a few times last year regarding the Internet feature on the App. 

Try my suggestions above, for the OP and see if they help.  If not, definitely send an email to IT.  You can also call the IT or Ocean Ready team using the phone tree.

Both you and @NG11, here’s another IT email, which you can try.  

A360ad7@carnival.com

Give us feedback and best of luck.

Took your advise emailed the address and had quick reply had too give more details and the confirmed they

would investigate so fingers crossed it’s resolved 

thank you

Edited by Mr Blue Sky

15 minutes ago, Mr Blue Sky said:

Took your advise emailed the address and had quick reply had too give more details and the confirmed they

would investigate so fingers crossed it’s resolved 

thank you

Thank you for the feedback. Let us know.

Had similar issues. Could not buy 50% discount online. Phoned Princess UK. They advised waiting till we boarded as it would be same price as pre cruise.

Once aboard , went to Guest Services . Lady there confirmed same price as pre cruise with 50% Platinum/ Elite discount. Used OBC to pay for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses.

Hopefully some of you guys who have the same issue have it resolved.

Still having the same issues as before. Have tried pre-purchasing WIFI via the app numerous times over the past 4-5 weeks, but still no luck. The email address (thank you PacGoNow) above was responded with a 'generic response'. I rang Princess again just to see if it's changed, but still the same error message.  

The thing I'd like to re-confirm though, is if the price when buying WIFI when you board (single device) is the same as the pre-cruise price of $15 USD a day?

I'm only asking because when I called Princess, the person who took my call informed me that if I am unable to pre-purchase WIFI before the cruise, that i will have to buy it on the ship when I board (which is fine), but will be charged at a higher price (not fine) because it was not purchased pre-cruise even though it was an issue with the app. 

Sorry for bleating on about this. Thanks in advance

Edited by NG11

27 minutes ago, NG11 said:

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses.

Hopefully some of you guys who have the same issue have it resolved.

Still having the same issues as before. Have tried pre-purchasing WIFI via the app numerous times over the past 4-5 weeks, but still no luck. The email address (thank you PacGoNow) above was responded with a 'generic response'. I rang Princess again just to see if it's changed, but still the same error message.  

The thing I'd like to re-confirm though, is if the price when buying WIFI when you board (single device) is the same as the pre-cruise price of $15 USD a day?

I'm only asking because when I called Princess, the person who took my call informed me that if I am unable to pre-purchase WIFI before the cruise, that i will have to buy it on the ship when I board (which is fine), but will be charged at a higher price (not fine) because it was not purchased pre-cruise even though it was an issue with the app. 

Sorry for bleating on about this. Thanks in advance

No, it’s not higher if you buy it on the first day.  You just tell them the App would not  work. 

Looking at your 1st post….did you click on the button for 1 device?  Then, you clicked on Buy Plan?

Did you check on the App, your payment to make sure the credit card was in there and correct?

BTW, did you send an email to IT

for help?  
Subject:  Help with App Error!

Full name

booking no

Ship and sail date

The problems you’re having with the App.  Tell them you need them to fix it so you can buy the internet.

A360ad7@carnival.com

But, you CAN buy it on the first day at $15 a day and 50% discount if you’re Elite/Platinum. Don’t remember if you’re traveling soon, but do try the email address.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Hi PacGoNow

Yes I selected 1 device & buy plan. Even deleted and re-registered the credit card to ensure it was correct to no avail. The message only occurs when the transaction is being processed. The Princess call center has tried to buy it on my behalf with no success (on 2 occasions) ssaying it was an IT issue

I sent an email to the 1st address and have subsequently sent 1 to the A360ad7 address aswell. Thanks for that.

Main thing is the price is the same if buying on board which is fine. I was just confused as the Princess Rep tole me I'd have to pay a higher price if not pre-purchased even though the fault was with the app.

Thanks very much for your help

53 minutes ago, NG11 said:

Main thing is the price is the same if buying on board which is fine. I was just confused as the Princess Rep tole me I'd have to pay a higher price if not pre-purchased even though the fault was with the app.

The price is the same whether you buy in advance or purchase the first day. 

1 hour ago, NG11 said:

I was just confused as the Princess Rep tole me I'd have to pay a higher price if not pre-purchased even though the fault was with the app.

Sadly, the Princess rep is out-of-date with their info and didn't read the memo when MedallionNet pricing changed. No longer a different price on board and previous posters are 100% correct advising you of this.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I have an interesting question. I am going on a B2B cruise. 41days. I paid through the app $426 @50% discount last week. But now the price has dropped to $368... As it is nearly $60, do you think I should ring Princess and question this?? I might get some money back!? 

19 minutes ago, MissMuffitt said:

I know this is an old topic, but I have an interesting question. I am going on a B2B cruise. 41days. I paid through the app $426 @50% discount last week. But now the price has dropped to $368... As it is nearly $60, do you think I should ring Princess and question this?? I might get some money back!? 

It

20 minutes ago, MissMuffitt said:

it can’t hurt to try 

• Like 1