SKY PRINCESS...is Vines being removed ??

gah_cruise

23 minutes ago, dides said:

That would be a strange move considering they just replaced Salty Dog Gastropub on Enchanted Princess with O'Malley's Irish Pub, as per the press release.

So, read the press release for The Catch and I'm afraid it is a hard "nope" for me.  Too many dishes with shells and exoskeletons still present, at least that is what I saw when I opened up the photo gallery that was linked to the press release.  Bistro sur la Mer's menu was something I was more inclined to enjoy, and a bit broader selection than just seafood.  However, without a menu and only photos of what are probably the signature items, this isn't going to be a draw for me.

As for the pub changes, Salty Dog changing to an Irish pub concept, that isn't a tremendous stretch.  I find it interesting that the Salty Dog branding is being relegated to the grill on the Lido.

• Like 1

Just now, nini said:

I believe that Bistro Sur La Mer is being replaced with the new "Rudy's Catch" seafood restaurant.

Yup... that's shown on the deck plan....several posts about this new restaurant are up and running....
but no mention of Vines removal......maybe cruisemapper has mucked up ?... who knows at the mo

As I posted elsewhere, I think cruisemapper have got this wrong.

Firstly, Princess have already announced all the changes being made to Sky whilst she is in dry dock this month. I cannot imagine that a change of this magnitude would not have been included in the announcement.

And secondly, the location of Vines is simply too small to accomodate the Salty Dog concept.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, gah_cruise said:

Is Vines being removed from Sky and replaced by that awful Salty Dog Gastropub?
Cruisemapper dot com seems to think so

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Sky-Princess-2154/deck05-5592

Have you eaten at the Salty Dog Gastropub?   If so, what meal was awful?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:24 AM, gah_cruise said:

Is Vines being removed from Sky and replaced by that awful Salty Dog Gastropub?
Cruisemapper dot com seems to think so

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Sky-Princess-2154/deck05-5592

Don’t believe the press release has addressed much about the Sky princess other than that catch by Rudi is coming to the Sky on May 7 th. Right now on sky princess deck 5 is Vines and on deck 7 is the bistro sur la mer which is probably going to be the  catch by Rudi??. I guess time will tell ,need to hear from somebody actually on the Sky for  most of the speculation.

The current press release pretty much is about the Enchanted Princess-catch by Rudi’s   is going to replace bistro sur la mer- it’s going to be located across from guest services on deck 5 and Sabatini‘s is going to move to deck 7 where the bistro was previously located .

On Enchanted Princess April 15th -O’Malley‘s Irish pub is going to be located on deck 5 where the salty dog Gastro pub was; not to be confused with Lido deck salty dog Grill which is going to become the salty dog Café menu .( you would think that they would be able to come up with some other names for these things and not confuse us )

Press release pretty much just says that catch by Rudi  is coming soon to Majestic on May 5th, sky on May 7, and discovery fall of 2023. Not much has been said that I could see about the Sky & Vines.

This is what I understood from the press release. Didn’t really say too much about the Sky Princess,hopefully somebody will post soon from the Sky where in the world is Vines!

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Don’t believe the press release has addressed much about the Sky princess other than that catch by Rudi is coming to the Sky on May 7 th. Right now on sky princess deck 5 is Vines and on deck 7 is the bistro sur la mer which is probably going to be the  catch by Rudi??. I guess time will tell ,need to hear from somebody actually on the Sky for  most of the speculation.

I think you'll find that Rudi's is going to replace Sabatinis down on deck 5, with Sabatinis moving up to deck 7, where BsM is currently, the idea being to give deck 7 an Italian atmosphere.

There was a rumour elsewhere that a library was going to be positioned on Sky, but I find that fanciful in the extreme.

The source is myself. There is never been talks about removing Vines at all especially during recent times. I was just on the ship not too long ago and when the captains spoke about what was being done in dry dock that was not one of them. The only changes that we're being done was sabatini's being moved to Sur La Mer and the new catch of the Day restaurant opening in sabatini's. Other than that the whole of the ship was getting a new spray job with the airstream bubbles to help with the friction of the ship sailing through the water. Other than that it was just normal routine maintenance on the ship being done for dry dock.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

The source is myself. There is never been talks about removing Vines at all especially during recent times. I was just on the ship not too long ago and when the captains spoke about what was being done in dry dock that was not one of them. The only changes that we're being done was sabatini's being moved to Sur La Mer and the new catch of the Day restaurant opening in sabatini's. Other than that the whole of the ship was getting a new spray job with the airstream bubbles to help with the friction of the ship sailing through the water. Other than that it was just normal routine maintenance on the ship being done for dry dock.

Okay thankyou, not meaning to sound rude 🙂 just the new deck plans on CruiseMapper are making a lot of us worried. Vines and Good Spirits are why I got the drinks package and seeing both disappear worried me

2 hours ago, nini said:

On the Princess website, the deck plans after April 2024, include Vines. But, who knows?

and they also show Bistro Sur La Mer....which we know is going.
Bistro SLM is still showing on Dine My Way as well.

Seems someone has forgotten to tell the IT dept 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ScratchTheRat said:

Okay thankyou, not meaning to sound rude 🙂 just the new deck plans on CruiseMapper are making a lot of us worried. Vines and Good Spirits are why I got the drinks package and seeing both disappear worried me

That definitely would be devastating for anyone who has a drink package. Totally understand. No worries. As far as crews mapper I love them for quickly reviewing itineraries and where the current is currently located. Deck plan wise in the public areas it's not always the most accurate. I think they just took the information from their sister ships like the Enchanted of some of the changes that are going to be made and because the newer ships like that one and the Discovery doesn't have vines they might have gotten their source of slightly misunderstood. Which is why it's always good to follow the actual cruise lines deck an map. 

Just now, gah_cruise said:

and they also show Bistro Sur La Mer....which we know is going.
Bistro SLM is still showing on Dine My Way as well.

Seems someone has forgotten to tell the IT dept 🙂

Plus I personally for one and sad to see Sur La mergo cuz I actually find it to be one of my favorite restaurants compared to all the other specialty dinings. As I always say to each and their own

• Like 3

Cruisemapper has been making some bold unsupported statements lately. The most recent is that the Sun inaugural sailing has been delayed a month. There’s a discussion about it on our roll call for the sailing, and like here it’s controverted by all Princess sources including onboard reps of other ships and the Princess travel agent website. Interesting to see how both of these rumors unfold. 

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Plus I personally for one and sad to see Sur La mergo cuz I actually find it to be one of my favorite restaurants compared to all the other specialty dinings. As I always say to each and their own

as you say each to their own.....on Enchanted last year found Bistro to be poor.
Slow service, lukewarm food which was mediocre in taste.
A waiter that could not/would not show us the wine list.
Didnt hang around for dessert.

With the move to more & more people choosing the all-inclusive beverage packages, Vines becomes much less of a profit center.    That line of thinking actually supports Vines being replaced by an additional fee casual restaurant, such as the Salty Dog Gastropub.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Mary

38 minutes ago, Mary loves to travel said:

With the move to more & more people choosing the all-inclusive beverage packages, Vines becomes much less of a profit center.    That line of thinking actually supports Vines being replaced by an additional fee casual restaurant, such as the Salty Dog Gastropub.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Mary

I may be moving in the opposite direction back to pay as I go.

Looking at the plus menus they are only offering generic wines with not even a country of origin. Last May we could get Sancerre wine in Vines on the package, this year I haven’t a clue what they are serving - plonk for all I can tell.

The  package may be fine if you are a spirit / cocktail drinker but they are definitely dumbing it down for wine drinkers.

I know lines need to make a decent profit but if they push too far they will lose customers. I have plus on my next cruise and premium on the one after that and even premium is not offering a great choice on paper, will see once onboard.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

Hello

We are on the Sky in June. Are these definitely the changes? The deck plans on the Princess website show no change. 

I was hoping they would put Crooners where Bistro Sur La Mer is now, the piazza needs more seating I would say.

Thanks