Dame Edna is Dead

On 4/25/2023 at 10:26 AM, bazzaw said:

Not only did Barry Humphries die - but so did Dame Edna. I have always believed that Dame Edna evolved to become a separate entity to Barry  .  

Dame Edna and Sir Les getting news in the passing. More should be given to Sandy stone -- a very poignant character.

Barry said Dame Edna was spinning off from the original relationship -- but Barry was becoming more and more like Sandy.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Dame Edna and Sir Les getting news in the passing. More should be given to Sandy stone -- a very poignant character.

Barry said Dame Edna was spinning off from the original relationship -- but Barry was becoming more and more like Sandy.

I read that however I didn’t see Sandy.  I know he wore Barry’s dressing gown

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Batemans Bay is 'Gods Waiting Room.'

So is Gold and Sunshine Coasts. I feel sorry for couples who relocate from interstate and one of the partners dies. It is different for

couples from Brisbane who have holidayed at

either Coast all their lives.  

• Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 12:11 PM, NSWP said:

Batemans Bay is 'Gods Waiting Room.'

That's why we left today, Les, lol.  Seriously, we had eight glorious days of perfect weather, with glowing sunsets reflected in the water.  Pure Bay magic.  Tried Sandbar again...as exquisite as ever.  Also dined at Corrigan's one evening.  It used to be so so, but Colin Fassnidge's tv kitchen and restaurant makeover has worked wonders.  One of the best seafood platters we've ever enjoyed.

While driving one day, we heard Greg Robson on Moruya community radio telling about an episode years age when he was a Canberra radio host and he and fellow hosts were visited by Barry Humphries for a morning-long session.  Barry asked their names (clever possum would've done his homework).  They each introduced themselves, and Greg was always known as "Robbo".  Craig was the name of another host, but can't remember the third he related.  When they gave their names, Greg said Barry immediately replied, "Well, possums, we have Robbo, Craigo, .... and Leso".  Always poker faced, of course.  He was brilliant, and although I've never been an avid fan of Miriam Margolyes, I applaud her brilliantly succinct dressing down of the Melbourne comedy brigade.  More talent in his little finger, indeed.  Bravissima, Miriam!

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

That's why we left today, Les, lol.  Seriously, we had eight glorious days of perfect weather, with glowing sunsets reflected in the water.  Pure Bay magic.  Tried Sandbar again...as exquisite as ever.  Also dined at Corrigan's one evening.  It used to be so so, but Colin Fassnidge's tv kitchen and restaurant makeover has worked wonders.  One of the best seafood platters we've ever enjoyed.

While driving one day, we heard Greg Robson on Moruya community radio telling about an episode years age when he was a Canberra radio host and he and fellow hosts were visited by Barry Humphries for a morning-long session.  Barry asked their names (clever possum would've done his homework).  They each introduced themselves, and Greg was always known as "Robbo".  Craig was the name of another host, but can't remember the third he related.  When they gave their names, Greg said Barry immediately replied, "Well, possums, we have Robbo, Craigo, .... and Leso".  Always poker faced, of course.  He was brilliant, and although I've never been an avid fan of Miriam Margolyes, I applaud her brilliantly succinct dressing down of the Melbourne comedy brigade.  More talent in his little finger, indeed.  Bravissima, Miriam!

You got the good weather Linda. Rain on way now, passing through ACT now.

You wined and dined well, Sandbar and Corrigans. Yes Colin Fassnidge stirred them up. I am 3/4 of a century on Tuesday, my son is coming down and he and my daughter are dragging me out to Zero Bar and Grill, ye olde Donegans. I will let you know what it is like. I have good and bad days, chemo knocking me around.

Stay safe it is a jungle out there. Apologies to all re Dame Edna thread hijack, but whats new, 😝.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Barry Humphries was farewelled at a small private poetic funeral at his friend's estate at Bowral on Friday.

(His friend and artist, Tim Storrier painted portrait of Barry Humphries as Sir Les Patterson, which won the Packing Room Prize in the Archibalds.)

Goodnight Possums! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

You got the good weather Linda. Rain on way now, passing through ACT now.

You wined and dined well, Sandbar and Corrigans. Yes Colin Fassnidge stirred them up. I am 3/4 of a century on Tuesday, my son is coming down and he and my daughter are dragging me out to Zero Bar and Grill, ye olde Donegans. I will let you know what it is like. I have good and bad days, chemo knocking me around.

Stay safe it is a jungle out there. Apologies to all re Dame Edna thread hijack, but whats new, 😝.

Happy birthday for Tuesday, hope you have a great one.

• Like 2

Warmest birthday wishes for Tuesday, Les, and enjoy your family celebration at Zero.  Please post a report🙏🏻.  Really miss Donegans and the touch of Irish magic.  Wish they’d consider a “Dame Nellie Melba”.

• Like 1

Happy birthday for Tuesday Les from Tracey & I - it will be Tracey's birthday on Thursday!

Enjoy your dinner with your family & take care mate. Hope to get down your way soon & catch up with you if you are up to it.

Cheers

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mr walker said:

Happy birthday for Tuesday Les from Tracey & I - it will be Tracey's birthday on Thursday!

Enjoy your dinner with your family & take care mate. Hope to get down your way soon & catch up with you if you are up to it.

Cheers

'May the fourth' be with her. Lol

• Like 1

Edna loved to perform for the Queen, and I hope she hasn't departed so soon to avoid RSVP'ing for the coronation next week.

I was first exposed to Edna more than 50 years ago, through some first rate Aussie cinema.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1