Guaranteed Balcony - Wonder

5 minutes ago, cruisefun77 said:

Book a guaranteed balcony on the Wonder of the Seas......  Curious to know what other's experiences have been with cabin placement.  And, wondering when we will know the cabin assignment.  The cruise is in late June.

It can be assigned at any time from now until embarkation day.

Once you have your set sail pass, you can try the bar code trick...

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruisefun77 said:

That's a great insider tip.  Thank you!  Any other thought on this?

Did you book on line.  If so you most likely booked an XN balcony gty which is a neighbourhood balcony as opposed to oceanview.  XB are oceanview balcony gtys

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you book on line.  If so you most likely booked an XN balcony gty which is a neighbourhood balcony as opposed to oceanview.  XB are oceanview balcony gtys

Very helpful.  Just looked at invoice and it's XB.  Was certainly thinking it was oceanview and would be disappointed otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

Did it. Than the barcode trick.  Am on central’ park 10th floor and completely happy.  I wished for boardwalk but not unhappy.  It’s going to be my first time and it was hugely cheaper 

I did our check-in the first week of April and did the barcode scan to learn our room number. Yesterday, our cruise was exactly 30 days out and when I checked yesterday morning it said gty. I checked again in the afternoon and the room number was assigned. It was the same number I learned from the barcode trick.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Then something is wrong as you should be assigned to an OV balcony- you should contact whoever you booked with and confirm that. 

He hasn't been assigned a cabin yet. Doesn't seem like anything is wrong. Did you mix him up with someone else in this thread?

(Not a shot at you, simple mistake unless I'm missing something, just don't want the OP to be concerned.)

1 minute ago, cruisefun77 said:

How many days before the cruise does check-in begin?  And is that when you can pick a time to get on the ship?

45 days out (the app tells you when check-in begins) and yes.

You can grab a time and then fill in the rest of the info later if using the app.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, cakewalk73 said:

How do you change a guaranty cabin? 

After it is officially assigned either your TA has to do it if you used one or you call RC if you booked directly through them.

NOTE: You can only change to an available cabin in your EXACT category.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, cruisefun77 said:

Book a guaranteed balcony on the Wonder of the Seas......  Curious to know what other's experiences have been with cabin placement.  And, wondering when we will know the cabin assignment.  The cruise is in late June.

Recent experience:
We booked a "GTY D2".  There were 2 choices: "GTY and GTY D2" for a TA group rate.

Cabin assignment was within 2 or 3 weeks of booking and a month before final payment.

We were assigned a "D3". On deck 8. Good location. No connecting cabins. Cabins above and below.

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Does anyone know if they assign guarantees on a weekend or usually just a Mon-Fri thing?  Save me stalking for my cabin  on the weekends 😇

I can't remember... and you're going to stalk anyway just in case. 🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Does anyone know if they assign guarantees on a weekend or usually just a Mon-Fri thing?  Save me stalking for my cabin  on the weekends 😇

Saturday around 6 pm has been my lucky hour once! 😁
(In those days when one was an enthusiastic cruiser and kept refreshing the screen every 5 minutes to see if you had been assigned a cabin yet🤣) I don't bother now, they assign when they assign.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Saturday around 6 pm has been my lucky hour once! 😁
(In those days when one was an enthusiastic cruiser and kept refreshing the screen every 5 minutes to see if you had been assigned a cabin yet🤣) I don't bother now, they assign when they assign.

I pretty much never book guarantees so this is a new game for me.  I remember a time years and years ago I booked one and the cabin was assigned a few hours after booking.  And way before final payment date.   This is a GGG Wonder bargain for December

• Like 1

19 hours ago, molly361 said:

I pretty much never book guarantees so this is a new game for me.  I remember a time years and years ago I booked one and the cabin was assigned a few hours after booking.  And way before final payment date.   This is a GGG Wonder bargain for December

I try to avoid them too, but when the price is THAT good, compared to picking a room, I will go with it. 😉. And it was giving me a category (D2) GTY so I said OK. Although they did not give me D2, I got D3 (which they claim is considered above D2, but I don't think so, or who knows!😄)

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I try to avoid them too, but when the price is THAT good, compared to picking a room, I will go with it. 😉. And it was giving me a category (D2) GTY so I said OK. Although they did not give me D2, I got D3 (which they claim is considered above D2, but I don't think so, or who knows!😄)

No cabin assignment yesterday  Oh well