Los Angeles Parking for Princess Cruises

mcrcruiser

We were in  the LA parking  for  B2B March Celebrity cruises . We saw  the Discovery Princess . But parking in that huge lot was a night mare especially being handicapped 

My question is are there hotels with shuttles that we can stay  one night pre cruise & that can take my electric scooter as well on the shuttle . If that were possible ,we would then drive from the San Diego area to take more cruises   from the World Cruise Center 

TIA for any info 

Today is Sunday morning so found few people  at the  hotels .We will phone them later & ask about their shuttle being able to take my electric scooter on their shuttles . The free parking is nice .We paid $280  for 14 days of parking & I had to park way down by the Iowa battleship . Handicap parking spaces are a joke in that parking lot .so they really think 14 handicap spaces are adequate for people with disabilities 

To the op or any other cruiser  that wants to park in the San Pedro world cruise terminal parking lot. The lot is humongous ,obviously depending on what ship you’re taking there is parking near each of the embarkation areas.  Maybe not handicapped parking as you said there’s limited amount of those .How about having the person with the scooter dropped off with the checked luggage and the other person goes and parks the car ?is that doable so you can take more cruises out of San Pedro ?

We usually drop off all the luggage with the porters swing back around and park the car ,seems easy for us,but we do not have mobility issues. 

On 4/23/2023 at 4:00 PM, san diego sue said:

I have never paid for parking at Doubletree, is that something new?

When I have paid for Park and Cruise (or whatever the name is) at Doubletree, they have given me a parking pass to leave on the windshield, which shows the date I am authorized to park through.  I suspect that if you simply park in the Doubletree lot without the windshield pass, you risk getting towed from the parking lot.  This would NOT be a fun way to end the cruise.

I have not heard of anyone getting towed, but I do not know how common it is for people to simply park in that lot without permission.

On 4/23/2023 at 10:47 AM, mcrcruiser said:

so they really think 14 handicap spaces are adequate for people with disabilities 

That would likely be controlled by city code.

Half of the parking lot cannot be reserved for handicapped passengers considering that I would say half of the Princess cruisers could qualify for said spots --- either through medical necessity or simply asking their PCP.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 5:18 PM, travelin.sisters said:

if you book a stay & park rate it is all included in one price for your room & parking

The stay and park only includes 7 days of parking.  If you're going on a longer cruise it's $15/day.