7/10 club

Durie1989

I keep reading on different forums and you tube videos about how hard it is to get into this club. It doesn’t look like it can be booked online in advance so how do people actually get in? Is it first come first seated ? 

The 710 is booked in the same way as seats for the Headliners Theatre shows, on the my.pocruise "app" once you're onboard the ship (or at least connected to the ship wi-fi). Each show lasts about 45 mins. It is a small venue and has proven to be very popular so reservation slots fill up very quickly. It's first come, first served so prepare to be quick off the mark, if you don't manage to find a slot don't be too disappointed, there's plenty of live music on the ship and there are always other options.

• Like 1

Oh I see, fastest finger first then lol

I suppose the people who get the early onboard check in are the ones likely to get a seat. I will try and connect to the holiday app as soon as we are on board.

How do you install the app, is it a link or a QR code ?

11 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

Oh I see, fastest finger first then lol

I suppose the people who get the early onboard check in are the ones likely to get a seat. I will try and connect to the holiday app as soon as we are on board.

How do you install the app, is it a link or a QR code ?

This might help

https://www.pocruises.com/my-holiday?otprrf=https_boards.cruisecritic.co.uk

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

That will still rule me out then as my boarding time is 4.00pm!!

I have read on here that some folks have been able to connect to the ship wifi whilst in the Terminal building by entering the reference on your boarding pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, happy v said:

When we boarded bookings for 710 didn't appear until after 4pm. So I think they waited until everyone was onboard 

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

On this current cruise on Arvia we were in the terminal building before 13:00, and I connected to My Holiday; I was able to book two shows.

When I checked later in the evening, they only had the 00:15 shows available.

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I can't remember the exact time but it was quite late. So I presumed it must be after everyone was onboard

If you want to go it is worth keeping an eye on the app. I had booked a few restaurants but 710 was showing not available. I thought it was already full. It was purely accidental that I was looking at the app. when places started to appear. One night at a time, and only for the first week 

• Like 2

Having just come off Iona we found if you went to the club about five minutes before the show was due to start there was always space to sit even if we were not booked. Not too sure how easy it will be on Arvia though now they have Harrison playing in the 710 as word is out about how good he is. Presumably more tables have been added to the club for the demand as they did on Iona.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grimsby Mariner said:

Having just come off Iona we found if you went to the club about five minutes before the show was due to start there was always space to sit even if we were not booked. Not too sure how easy it will be on Arvia though now they have Harrison playing in the 710 as word is out about how good he is. Presumably more tables have been added to the club for the demand as they did on Iona.

We were on the Arvia T/A earlier this month and I can't say I noticed any additional seating compared with our experience when on Iona last year. It's a very small venue, capacity of less than 100 would be my guess, when there's 4000+ passengers onboard you can see how that could be difficult to keep everyone happy, but then it's meant to be small to create an intimate atmosphere so would you want it to be any larger and risk losing that feeling?

Personally, I'd limit guests ability to book more than a couple of shows, that would give more opportunity to others who would like to experience a show but miss out because they don't jump onto the app the instant they are on board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise_Rookie_2010 said:

Personally, I'd limit guests ability to book more than a couple of shows, that would give more opportunity to others who would like to experience a show but miss out because they don't jump onto the app the instant they are on board.

I totally agree with you, but I would go one step further and charge a small booking fee. I'm sure they could make that work with the app, perhaps refunding it to those that turn up or it being used against a drinks order.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Grimsby Mariner said:

Harrison is the best 710 guy on all the 4 Iona cruises we've been on! We're on Arvia in 3 weeks, so hope he's still on!! 

8 hours ago, TigerB said:

I totally agree with you, but I would go one step further and charge a small booking fee. I'm sure they could make that work with the app, perhaps refunding it to those that turn up or it being used against a drinks order.

Have to agree. We were never able to book 710 unless we were prepared to go to the late show at 00.15. We spoke to a family of 4 who said they were booked for every night but didn’t always go. 

• Like 2

See that annoys me, why book for every night as it ruins it for others who want to go and especially if they don’t bother to turn up on some nights but I suppose whilst you can then people will do it but I think it’s a bit selfish imo.

I will try connecting whilst in the terminal and see if that works if all else fails I will bring my pop up tent and set up camp for the night outside to be fist in the queue 🤣 ️ 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Durie1989 said:

See that annoys me, why book for every night as it ruins it for others who want to go and especially if they don’t bother to turn up on some nights but I suppose whilst you can then people will do it but I think it’s a bit selfish imo.

I will try connecting whilst in the terminal and see if that works if all else fails I will bring my pop up tent and set up camp for the night outside to be fist in the queue 🤣 ️ 

Sadly there are a lot of very inconsiderate people in the world...

• Like 4

We managed to book 710 club as soon as we got on board about 1230ish.

If you can't get a booking, you can queue up as they let people in for the no shows.  

Apparently the 0015 slot can be very quiet.  We went the other evening, only about 2/3s full.  

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, sandancer said:

We spoke to a family of 4 who said they were booked for every night but didn’t always go. 

Rather selfish of them, and reinforces my view with regards a booking fee

• Like 3

On 4/25/2023 at 1:31 PM, TigerB said:

Don’t give them ideas for even more extra pay venues 😀

17 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Don’t give them ideas for even more extra pay venues 😀

It wouldn't be though; my idea was to charge a £5 fee for each person under the booking, and when they get checked in at the club, the deposit goes back on their account or goes towards the cost of a drink.

It should be workable, as it's no different to charging the £10 to book Sindhu and Green & Co