Wheelchair Tipping

cruisekitty22

25 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

How much is the going rate to tip your wheelchair person to bring you from the check in counter to your gate at a small airport (BDL)?

Is there really a going rate.   ???

tip what you feel comfortable tipping.   
5.00-100.00.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

How much is the going rate to tip your wheelchair person to bring you from the check in counter to your gate at a small airport (BDL)?

This will depend on who does this and what airline.   I believe in the US some airports have their people do this instead of the airlines.

Here in Canada this is typically done by airline staff.  It is not uncommon for airlines to have strict rules that staff are not allowed to accept tips of any kind.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

There is no such things as a 'going rate'.  The ONLY correct answer to tipping is to tip anyone you wnat to top, however mucjh you want to tip them, any time you wnat to tip them and be doen with it.  Move on.

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Sorry...don't know...but the title of your post made me wonder if people were going around doing to wheelchairs what they used to do to cows.

Used to do? Come visit me in dairy country. We still tip cows...well, not me

• Haha 1

Am I the only one who saw this heading, and thought of people tipping over wheelchairs, a la "cow tipping"?  😆

Seriously, there have been times I've availed myself of the wheelchairs at the airport, usually if there is a major distance in a connection (I am ambulatory, but not fast).  Usually, I've done $5 to $10, depending upon how much they had to hustle.

The one time I tipped big was when I came back from Europe, and my knee had totally wonked out on the last day.  At IAD, the wheelchair guy took care of me for over an hour, waiting for the one customs guy -- he was going through the bags of the guy in front of me very thorouoghly.  I tipped him $30, mostly because of the time involved.

• Like 1