Future cruise deals while on board?

Sigyn

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Reduced deposits. OBC. Amount is determined by length of cruise and stateroom category. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, I thought you also received a one category upgrade on the price? ( Pay for A2 --- receive A1 ) 

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, I thought you also received a one category upgrade on the price? ( Pay for A2 --- receive A1 ) 

That's a CC perk/benefit. No matter where/how you book a cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Not necessary to book on board to get that.   You just need to have cruised before with Celebrity.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Thanks 1

Here are FAQs published by Celebrity: link

You have two options for booking on board.  The monetary perks are the same between the two options, the execution is different:

1. Book now: link

2. Book later: link

Here is the Future Cruise flyer that was distributed on board our last cruise (Oct-Nov 2022 Constellation): link  Back then they allowed us up to 18 months to execute a Book Later option, but it has settled back to 6 months.  Look at your future cruise flyer when you get on board to see what the terms are (6 months, 18 months, etc).  If you allow your Book Later option to expire, your deposit money is refunded to you automatically.  So some people will purchase several Book Later reservations.  One advantage for you is that if you get the Book Later option (during your July Millennium cruise) and the option period is 6 months, that means you can wait until Nov-Dec when the sailings for the new seasons are released.

Some Cruise Critic members will also take advantage of the low deposits and use them to book non-refundable deposit cruises now that the refundable deposit cruises have become so expensive.  Here is Celebrity's newly released Non-Refundable FAQs; link 

Also, if you book on board during the first day of the cruise, you get a free bottle of sparkling wine and there are some other inducements (e.g. a chance to win this or that).  

141B1270-9C16-4D29-B83A-B7186F3BAB60.thu

Book Now is much more flexible. Just book a random cruise at end of schedule and make changes to the booking when necessary. No expiration period to deal with.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Also, if you book on board during the first day of the cruise, you get a free bottle of sparkling wine

Based on the quality of the Celebrity sparkling wine, that means you actually get penalized for booking on the first day.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Book Now is much more flexible. Just book a random cruise at end of schedule and make changes to the booking when necessary. No expiration period to deal with.

Based on the quality of the Celebrity sparkling wine, that means you actually get penalized for booking on the first day.

So if it was awarded as a prize in a contest it would be:

1st place = 1 bottle

2nd place = 2 bottles

3rd place = 3 bottles?

10 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Here are FAQs published by Celebrity: link

You have two options for booking on board.  The monetary perks are the same between the two options, the execution is different:

1. Book now: link

2. Book later: link

Here is the Future Cruise flyer that was distributed on board our last cruise (Oct-Nov 2022 Constellation): link  Back then they allowed us up to 18 months to execute a Book Later option, but it has settled back to 6 months.  Look at your future cruise flyer when you get on board to see what the terms are (6 months, 18 months, etc).  If you allow your Book Later option to expire, your deposit money is refunded to you automatically.  So some people will purchase several Book Later reservations.  One advantage for you is that if you get the Book Later option (during your July Millennium cruise) and the option period is 6 months, that means you can wait until Nov-Dec when the sailings for the new seasons are released.

Some Cruise Critic members will also take advantage of the low deposits and use them to book non-refundable deposit cruises now that the refundable deposit cruises have become so expensive.  Here is Celebrity's newly released Non-Refundable FAQs; link 

Also, if you book on board during the first day of the cruise, you get a free bottle of sparkling wine and there are some other inducements (e.g. a chance to win this or that).  

141B1270-9C16-4D29-B83A-B7186F3BAB60.thu

Book Later Now gives you Only 90 Days to decide and book a cruise with that reduced deposit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

We've always receive a bottle of wine for booking the first day. Last one on the Apex was a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

It might be toooo much pressure booking the first day.

If we ever meet I'll get you a bottle-- 

Last time we received a bottle of wine I gave it to our Room Steward with $$ as a ''Thanks " ----- because I forgot to bring a fruit cake, or a key chain, or a hat with a Canadian flag , or, or etc etc.

Edited by Pinboy
wrong term used

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Can you later change that cruise if needed without penalty? 

I don’t know. I once did that and X required me to pay an additional amount that brought the deposit up to the Normal $ figure.

with their policies changing so much today it would be better to Call X directly?

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Last time we received a bottle of wine I gave it to our Room Steward with $$ as a ''Thanks " ----- because I forgot to bring a fruit cake, or a key chain, or a hat with a Canadian flag , or, or etc etc.

When I get a Free bottle of wine I always give it to my Room Steward (I do not drink) and Ask for a Trade for a bag of the little square chocolates they leave on our pillows! ❤️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Never any pressure to book on the first day. We already know what, when and where. I tell the future cruise agent all the details. We book early and want the OBC, reduced deposit.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

On the long TA - 6 days at sea they have had an agent in Retreat almost daily and by appointment doing booking in a relaxed session. 

I made a quick booking by just sitting down with an agent when I saw the agents free.  I already knew the cruise, date and cabin I wanted.  Actually I booked it on land to hold the cabin for a B2B then had my Agent cancel and grab my room

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the long TA - 6 days at sea they have had an agent in Retreat almost daily and by appointment doing booking in a relaxed session. 

I made a quick booking by just sitting down with an agent when I saw the agents free.  I already knew the cruise, date and cabin I wanted.  Actually I booked it on land to hold the cabin for a B2B then had my Agent cancel and grab my room

was the book later option period at 90 days?

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I could have sworn ours (purchased 3 weeks ago) said "90 days" , but I just looked at out certificate, and it clearly says 6 months (which I would much prefer to see more 2025 options come out.

Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 1.41.51 PM.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

6 Months ---  asked about the short lived 1 Year and she said.... never again they determined it was a mistake and will not be repeated.     Also asked if you could use OBC for booking as someone suggested was possible.... NO ... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

6 Months ---  asked about the short lived 1 Year and she said.... never again they determined it was a mistake and will not be repeated.     Also asked if you could use OBC for booking as someone suggested was possible.... NO ... 

Thank you. The option period was actually 18 months long during our Constellation cruise last Oct/Nov.y

6 month option period is currently posted in Celebrity's trade  website. 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:50 PM, mahdnc said:

Thank you. The option period was actually 18 months long during our Constellation cruise last Oct/Nov.y

6 month option period is currently posted in Celebrity's trade  website. 

Onboard Constellation today the option to book later Is 6 months.

in February on Mille it was 90 days. X may have gotten some pushback on that. In December 2022 X was giving 12 months!

3 hours ago, D. B. said:

Onboard Constellation today the option to book later Is 6 months.

in February on Mille it was 90 days. X may have gotten some pushback on that. In December 2022 X was giving 12 months!

When we were on Constellation this past Oct/Nov, you had up to 18 months to exercise your Book Later option. Someone on our roll call for that cruise "bought" six!

55DABEEB-1F10-46F5-AB12-E5C4EE2F3772.jpe

AA10759F-F58B-4954-8D86-FC16E5A4F421.jpe

Edited by mahdnc