ALASKA : EDGE or Solstice?

hcat

38 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Different take: get on the ship that goes to GLACIER BAY.  It's incredible.  Super amazing.  Go to Glacier Bay!

I agree, however Celebrity hasn't sailed there since 1999.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 10:43 AM, hcat said:

TA said  that on a recent cruise.(not Alaska)  that using an I phone to book dinner res on EDGE was difficult, demographic was more young and hip...and said she preferred Solstice

I don't understand this comment. That's not how you make dining room reservations on ANY Celebrity ship. Carnival yes, but NEVER Celebrity. The Celebrity app doesn't have that functionality. Either you make pre-cruise MDR reservations via the Cruise Planner on a computer or you just walk-up to any dining room when you want to eat. OR you have your TA make pre-cruise reservations. But the Celebrity app doesn't allow you to do that either pre-cruise or while on the cruise. The TA was confusing Carnival which requires same evening MDR dinner reservations, using the phone app,there's no pre-cruise all cruise dining reservations,it's all done same day. Terrible TA giving BAD advice! 

Edited by kwokpot

31 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I don't understand this comment. That's not how you make dining room reservations on ANY Celebrity ship. Carnival yes, but NEVER Celebrity. The Celebrity app doesn't have that functionality. Either you make pre-cruise MDR reservations via the Cruise Planner on a computer or you just walk-up to any dining room when you want to eat. OR you have your TA make pre-cruise reservations. But the Celebrity app doesn't allow you to do that either pre-cruise or while on the cruise. The TA was confusing Carnival which requires same evening MDR dinner reservations, using the phone app,there's no pre-cruise all cruise dining reservations,it's all done same day. Terrible TA giving BAD advice! 

I thought it odd..we had no issues pre booking  and booking on the ship on E class.We do not use the app.

I think the TA was old school and just dIsliked  EDGE..and of course this is triple hearsay. 

They booked Solstice..