Covid on Royal Princess April 23rd to April 30th 2023 from San Francisco round trip

Seaworthy71

53 minutes ago, Seaworthy71 said:

I came home with covid from the royal Princess cruise, anyone else on this cruise got covid after being home (or on ship)?

You might post that question on your roll call.

Hope you’re doing well and recovering soon. 

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was it RSV? 

DH caught RSV on the Caribbean Princess in November.   It took almost 4 months for the symptoms and coughing to resolve.    Nasty infection.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

DH caught RSV on the Caribbean Princess in November.   It took almost 4 months for the symptoms and coughing to resolve.    Nasty infection.

Wow. Glad he’s okay now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

What does it matter?  Not trying to be funny, but why would it matter where you got it from?

Ours was a 28day 7 port cruise where it sounded like barking seals were brought aboard right after we left Hawaii. Perhaps if people who had contracted a cold or something worse had masked up in consideration of others the sickness might have not spread so much. After Hawaii we had at least 9 medical evacs in ports and at least 1 death and possibly more. As we progressed longer into the cruise, more and more were getting sick. The ship felt empty as a lot of concerned or really sick people did stay in their cabins and lay low. The medical dept was only taking people with "life threatening" cases and ran out of meds to give out. I'm glad I'm healthy and active and it only hit me 2 days from the end of the cruise. Got off Friday, was at Urgent care 2 hrs later and 2 weeks later was back flying and working out. The cough was a ***** and still lingers. I hope others did as well. Won't stop us, next 2 cruises are 25 and 40 days long. We carry are own meds and try as best as we can to stay safe and avoid the coughing crowds, almost worked. Masks are here to stay for a reason. Have fun, but if you feel at the least bit unwell, mask up and help stop the spread in a closed society at sea.

Aloha

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Ours was a 28day 7 port cruise where it sounded like barking seals were brought aboard right after we left Hawaii. Perhaps if people who had contracted a cold or something worse had masked up in consideration of others the sickness might have not spread so much. After Hawaii we had at least 9 medical evacs in ports and at least 1 death and possibly more. As we progressed longer into the cruise, more and more were getting sick. The ship felt empty as a lot of concerned or really sick people did stay in their cabins and lay low. The medical dept was only taking people with "life threatening" cases and ran out of meds to give out. I'm glad I'm healthy and active and it only hit me 2 days from the end of the cruise. Got off Friday, was at Urgent care 2 hrs later and 2 weeks later was back flying and working out. The cough was a ***** and still lingers. I hope others did as well. Won't stop us, next 2 cruises are 25 and 40 days long. We carry are own meds and try as best as we can to stay safe and avoid the coughing crowds, almost worked. Masks are here to stay for a reason. Have fun, but if you feel at the least bit unwell, mask up and help stop the spread in a closed society at sea.

Aloha

I was on this same cruise with you.    I agree with everything you said above.    It was awful.   I am glad you’re feeling better.  Very thankful my husband and I remained healthy throughout but there were some pretty sick people and they really should have stayed in their cabins instead of roaming around the ship   

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was it RSV? 

Per Mr. Google:

Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious, especially for infants and older adults.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Per Mr. Google:

Respiratory syncytial (sin-SISH-uhl) virus, or RSV, is a common respiratory virus that usually causes mild, cold-like symptoms. Most people recover in a week or two, but RSV can be serious, especially for infants and older adults.

Yes, I know what it is. I was asking WAS it RSV?  😂

In response to @Yehootu.

Only because I had heard how bad it was this winter.  

Those coughing seals were all over the ships this winter, no masks either.  We were on the 28 night Crown before @Yehootu with more Covid than RSV, I believe. 

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by PacnGoNow

15 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:

I came home with covid from the royal Princess cruise, anyone else on this cruise got covid after being home (or on ship)?

Thank for posting hope to have a covd free cruise this time last one not so lucky.

Back from 14 day TA on Regal and agree with the barking seals comment.

We wore N95 masks at all times except outside on loungers or in our room,

A pain but even with 5x vaccination, we are seniors and hubby is higher risk.

Very few others wore masks of any time. As cruise went on, more and more coughed.. some very ‘juicy’ coughs.

We and one other couple actually left our group ‘happy to share’ table one evening when a very sick looking woman was sat with us ( table for 10) and actively juicy coughed then handed bread basket, butter dish etc.

The unmasked lady who coughed in her hand and openly coughed over the keyboard at Internet cafe on last day as others were printing boarding passes was a prime example of not taking even minimal precautions to protect others.

I took CoVid test kits and meds with us. We tested negative  once home and laid low for another 5 days.

In spite of WHO declaring the covid ‘emergency’ is over, it and RSV are here to stay.

Remember the ‘good ol days’ when we only had to worry about Norwalk?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Discover, April 15 - April 22nd

My husband got a cough once we were home and has been coughing, sneezing, etc for the past two weeks.  Now he has given it to me.

We have not tested for covid - just the hacking cough.

We have another cruise in 84 days and will wear our masks more.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, I know what it is. I was asking WAS it RSV?  😂

In response to @Yehootu.

Only because I had heard how bad it was this winter.  

I had only the symptoms of a Bronchial Infection. My wife however had all the symptoms of RSV a few days after we got home.

3 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I had only the symptoms of a Bronchial Infection. My wife however had all the symptoms of RSV a few days after we got home.

On the same cruise and your description was perfect.  I wore a mask except when eating but sure I caught RSV and still have the nasty cough.  I guess even masked up didn't work but I sure tried.

We cruise Australia/New Zealand last November and only 800 people were tested positive. We made the news.

Edited by DHP1