Room service (big order)

Suppose I want to place a very large order for our family 12......10 orders of chicken wings, 4 burgers, 4 salads, 5 orders of fries, 3 dozen cookies, you get the picture.....

a) Will they take this order?

b) how long will it take?

c) How easy will it be to bring to Windjammer area (can it be delivered there?) 

Multiple thoughts: 

- I don't think they have chicken wings, but they do have chicken tenders. 

- Yes, they'll take a big order, but it won't be fast.  

- Why would you want to transport it to the Windjammer?  You could just go and get those things (or very similar things) from the Windjammer.  

- No, they won't bring it to the Windjammer.  

- You will need to pay the delivery fee AND tip your delivery person.  For a delivery this large, it might be multiple people.  

9 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Multiple thoughts: 

- I don't think they have chicken wings, but they do have chicken tenders. 

- Yes, they'll take a big order, but it won't be fast.  

- Why would you want to transport it to the Windjammer?  You could just go and get those things (or very similar things) from the Windjammer.  

- No, they won't bring it to the Windjammer.  

- You will need to pay the delivery fee AND tip your delivery person.  For a delivery this large, it might be multiple people.  

Just what I thought, almost everything on his order is in the WJ.  Crazy times....

• Like 1

I think they will accept a large room service order, but it would be room service (not windjammer service, lol).  As mentioned, not all the items may be on the room service menu.  With an order that large, you should not expect fast service.  To carry the food yourself from your cabin to a different venue, such as WJ, would be a lot of effort and the food would be cold by the time you eat.  

2 hours ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

Suppose I want to place a very large order for our family 12......10 orders of chicken wings, 4 burgers, 4 salads, 5 orders of fries, 3 dozen cookies, you get the picture.....

a) Will they take this order?

b) how long will it take?

c) How easy will it be to bring to Windjammer area (can it be delivered there?) 

Room service will take the order

It will take as long as it takes to cook. 10 orders of wings can't be cooked in one batch, so it will take multiple batches to cook. 

If you have 12 people in your family, everyone needs to be able to carry their own food. 

We had an order for 8 breakfasts on glacier watching day. It showed up in less than 20 minutes. 

This really leaves me shaking my head.

Please enlighten me as to why you might even consider room service for 12??  Or are you just hungry?  Or joking?

Are you all in quarantine?! Avoiding COVID? 

What stateroom will seat 12 for a meal?!

Not want to get out of you bathing suits or PJs for the hike to the WJ where all can pick and choose and seating is available.  Waitstaff in the WJ is very obliging to help you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, roupa said:

What stateroom will seat 12 for a meal?!

This is a legit question I'm wondering about because my family of 11 will be in the 4BR Villa Suite on Liberty.  Having a burger and wings party with a hot tub on the balcony without paying any extra besides tip for the delivery person is really interesting. I figured this wouldn't be an issue ordering this amount of food for 1 order, but if anyone else has done it, it would be interesting to know how it went.

WoW --- Love you people.....heaven forbid anyone wants to have a chicken wing party. It's actually a legit, straight up, serious question. I fully understand it is called room service and have no problem schlepping it up to the Windjammer for us to enjoy after a fun evening out and WJ is closed. I guess we'll wait and see what happens. I appreciate each and every response. It's all good in the neighborhood. At first, it may seem like an outlandish question....but in actuality, it's nothing more than an upstate ny family wanting to indulge in some chicken wings under the stars at a really good price....

17 minutes ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

WoW --- Love you people.....heaven forbid anyone wants to have a chicken wing party. It's actually a legit, straight up, serious question. I fully understand it is called room service and have no problem schlepping it up to the Windjammer for us to enjoy after a fun evening out and WJ is closed. I guess we'll wait and see what happens. I appreciate each and every response. It's all good in the neighborhood. At first, it may seem like an outlandish question....but in actuality, it's nothing more than an upstate ny family wanting to indulge in some chicken wings under the stars at a really good price....

If Wj is closed the doors will be closed so you cannot take your food in there to eat.

Plus they will most likely place each order of Wings, etc on their own plate with plastic lids.   Are you prepared to carry 20 plates of wings, burgers, salads, etc to an upper deck?  Will be quite the task.  

If you are on a ship with playmakers just go get wings there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

This is a legit question I'm wondering about because my family of 11 will be in the 4BR Villa Suite on Liberty.  Having a burger and wings party with a hot tub on the balcony without paying any extra besides tip for the delivery person is really interesting. I figured this wouldn't be an issue ordering this amount of food for 1 order, but if anyone else has done it, it would be interesting to know how it went.

Since you are in a higher-end suite, a suite concierge will reach out to you before sailing.  Maybe let them know and they will work their magic...

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If Wj is closed the doors will be closed so you cannot take your food in there to eat.

Plus they will most likely place each order of Wings, etc on their own plate with plastic lids.   Are you prepared to carry 20 plates of wings, burgers, salads, etc to an upper deck?  Will be quite the task.  

If you are on a ship with playmakers just go get wings there.

They did say "at a really good price". That many orders of wings from playmakers would cost a small fortune. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nabalab said:

Since you are in a higher-end suite, a suite concierge will reach out to you before sailing.  Maybe let them know and they will work their magic...

Good idea, thank you!  This will be our first suite experience so we're excited about it.  Unfortunately, not the same suite experience as the Quantum or Oasis class ships, but it should still be a treat.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CPCruiser4Life said:

WoW --- Love you people.....heaven forbid anyone wants to have a chicken wing party. It's actually a legit, straight up, serious question ... 

It's an incomplete question.  You didn't say your goal is a chicken wing party; we aren't even sure, from what you said, that chicken wings are the ultimate goal.  We're left with lots of possibilities ... and no understanding of the odd desire to bring your room service to the Windjammer.  Now you've got your feathers ruffled because you didn't get the answer you want.  

31 minutes ago, BennyandBo said:

They did say "at a really good price". That many orders of wings from playmakers would cost a small fortune. 

50 wings at Playmakers are $25.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

It's an incomplete question.  You didn't say your goal is a chicken wing party; we aren't even sure, from what you said, that chicken wings are the ultimate goal.  We're left with lots of possibilities ... and no understanding of the odd desire to bring your room service to the Windjammer.  Now you've got your feathers ruffled because you didn't get the answer you want.  

50 wings at Playmakers are $25.  

Think they wanted more than 50. Besides, why $25 when room service is like $7.95. But it is ROOM service.

3 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

True but at the same time I would not want to try to carry that many plates on an elevator to eat on an upper deck, especially if there was alcohol involved during the evening😁

We had a large food order in a Crown Loft Suite once.  They had no problem with it -- some stuff was from the MDR menu, some was from the Room Service menu.  The guy brought it all up on a cart, stacks of plates on each level of the cart, and unloaded it in the room.  

Yes, we tipped him cash.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

We had a large food order in a Crown Loft Suite once.  They had no problem with it -- some stuff was from the MDR menu, some was from the Room Service menu.  The guy brought it all up on a cart, stacks of plates on each level of the cart, and unloaded it in the room.  

Yes, we tipped him cash.  

Suites, yes you arrange thru concierge.

The OP and his group/family are booked for interior cabins on Oasis for a July sailing (based on their post history).   

Best plan would be for them to go to Playmakers and buy wings there.   Hopefully they figure it out instead of trying to order 20 plates of food to an interior cabin that won't have a table other than small desk.