Suite Guarantee

Looking to do a suite guarantee on Brilliance.  Doesn't say if that's for a "real" suite or a Junior suite.  JS isn't much bigger than regular balcony and no extras so not worth the suite guarantee price vs balcony

thanks

sheree

12 minutes ago, marty's mom said:

Looking to do a suite guarantee on Brilliance.  Doesn't say if that's for a "real" suite or a Junior suite.  JS isn't much bigger than regular balcony and no extras so not worth the suite guarantee price vs balcony

thanks

sheree

You will almost definitely wind up with a JS.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 4Nathan said:

You stand a good chance of being assigned an accessible JR suite as Royal releases these before the final 30 days. A bit more space but you lose the tub for a roll in shower.  

I think they if the book a suite gty, they are apt to receive a JS.  I do not think it is particularly likely to be an accessible JS, however.  I have done some searches as a family member is a paraplegic.  In my experience the accessible cabins are in generally in high demand.by those who need them.

Jr suites are significantly larger (approximately 100sq foot) and they definitely feel very spacious.  Certainly a different feel than a typical cabin.  They are nice.  Just want to make that point. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I think they if the book a suite gty, they are apt to receive a JS.  I do not think it is particularly likely to be an accessible JS, however.  I have done some searches as a family member is a paraplegic.  In my experience the accessible cabins are in generally in high demand.by those who need them.

I agree.  They are in very high demand.   And there are varying degrees of disabilities.   Paraplegic clearly must have certain accommodations.  There aren’t typically that many folks each cruise with such a disability.  Someone who can walk, but uses a scooter to get around the ship will also use an accessible cabin.  There are a lot of folks in this category and thus the demand is very high for accessible cabins.   For anyone who must have an accessible, like your relative, it can be challenging to find any accessible cabins on a given cruise.  

thank you

we had a JS way back when.

if I'm going to fork over $2000 more for the suite guarantee though I'd like some of the suite benefits!

I do have a disability card so the accessible cabin would work.  If someone in a mobility device didn't need it. 

In the past (and very rarely, even then), they would have a GS GTY which was a guarantee of at least a GS but I haven't seen one of those in many years.  If you're seeing a regular Suite GTY, it will almost certainly yield a JS.

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

I agree.  They are in very high demand.   And there are varying degrees of disabilities.   Paraplegic clearly must have certain accommodations.  There aren’t typically that many folks each cruise with such a disability.  Someone who can walk, but uses a scooter to get around the ship will also use an accessible cabin.  There are a lot of folks in this category and thus the demand is very high for accessible cabins.   For anyone who must have an accessible, like your relative, it can be challenging to find any accessible cabins on a given cruise.  

Yes, many people need accessible cabin and some have disabilities less visible than my relative’s.  As the demand is so great I hope the people who book accessible cabins truly need them. Several years ago a couple organized a fairly long, fairly vigorous private excursion that required dexterity and balance.  As we chatted along the way, I learned they two had booked an accessible cabin for just the two of them.  

For whatever it's worth, I booked a suite guarantee on Celebrity, which is owned by the Royal group, of course, and was just assigned my cabin. It's a Sky Suite, which is considered a junior suite. And I was given an accessible Sky Suite. I'm 100% happy with the cabin, but I knew going in what I was likely to be assigned. 

3 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Yes, many people need accessible cabin and some have disabilities less visible than my relative’s.  As the demand is so great I hope the people who book accessible cabins truly need them. Several years ago a couple organized a fairly long, fairly vigorous private excursion that required dexterity and balance.  As we chatted along the way, I learned they two had booked an accessible cabin for just the two of them.  

No doubt.  Many have less obvious disabilities.  

Many able body people also simply abuse the system because the cabins are much bigger but the price isn’t.  That is an insult to any who need an accessible cabin.  

No different than folks who bring their pets onboard and pretend they are service animals.  Makes it hard on those with less obvious reasons because many in the general public think it’s yet another fake service dog.  The “comfort Turkey” on the delta flight some years back comes to mind.  Glad most airlines have cleaned this up a bit.  Sat next to a guy on a flight to Europe several years back who flat out told me he lists his dog a as a service dog, but it was just so he could travel with him.  He was an older guy with seemingly zero shame.  

Its crazy how we let these laws and regulations get so twisted and abused by the general public that it hurts those they were designed to help and/or protect.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, njsmom said:

For whatever it's worth, I booked a suite guarantee on Celebrity, which is owned by the Royal group, of course, and was just assigned my cabin. It's a Sky Suite, which is considered a junior suite. And I was given an accessible Sky Suite. I'm 100% happy with the cabin, but I knew going in what I was likely to be assigned. 

On Royal I believe the accessible JR suites on some ships are near the size of a grand suite.  Maybe I’m remembering wrong as it was a family member’s cabin, not mine.  Wonder if Celebrity is the same (assuming I’m correct).  If so, you would have a larger cabin, but have the accessible bathroom which for some is not ideal (when you don’t need it).  

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

On 3 recent cruises I was assigned a JS accessible twice, once on a GTY, once on RoyalUp so there are accessible suites available closer to sailing dates. Guessing Royal assumes they won’t be needed if not booked within 30:days and so releases them to the general public.  

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

In the past (and very rarely, even then), they would have a GS GTY which was a guarantee of at least a GS but I haven't seen one of those in many years.  If you're seeing a regular Suite GTY, it will almost certainly yield a JS.

it says category WS

Guarantee -suite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4Nathan said:

On 3 recent cruises I was assigned a JS accessible twice, once on a GTY, once on RoyalUp so there are accessible suites available closer to sailing dates. Guessing Royal assumes they won’t be needed if not booked within 30:days and so releases them to the general public.  

The accessible JR suite is bigger than the regular JS, right?

5 hours ago, marty's mom said:

thank you

we had a JS way back when.

if I'm going to fork over $2000 more for the suite guarantee though I'd like some of the suite benefits!

I do have a disability card so the accessible cabin would work.  If someone in a mobility device didn't need it. 

I certainly would not pay $2000 more for a suite guarantee on a Radiance class ship

47 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I certainly would not pay $2000 more for a suite guarantee on a Radiance class ship

+1.

Also I think the chances of Getting higher than a JS are zero with a guarantee booking. RCL is 100% revenue driven, and RoyalUp is built for exactly that. Before they give a free GS to a guarantee they’ll obviously accept a RoyalUp bid for more $$&

• Like 2

9 hours ago, njsmom said:

Unless things have changed on Celebrity, a Sky Suite is considered a full suite and gets all the full suite benefits .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Including “The Retreat” and Luminae. 
NOT comparable to a RCL JS at

all as was intimated above 

ah, okay. I'm very new to the suite game.