All included rookie question (help)

Golfsnc

Sorry for the amateur question but first time celebrity cruising.  

i understand the all included include alcohol coffees and specialty coffees for adults.  

do under 21 year olds get the zero proof package?  My 13 year old loves the specialty non alcoholic drinks, just want to make sure these are included for her.  

thanks.  

47 minutes ago, Golfsnc said:

Sorry for the amateur question but first time celebrity cruising.  

i understand the all included include alcohol coffees and specialty coffees for adults.  

do under 21 year olds get the zero proof package?  My 13 year old loves the specialty non alcoholic drinks, just want to make sure these are included for her.  

thanks.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Refresh with

premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, & Panna.

Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas,

Red Bull Energy Drink,

Frozen Smoothies,

Zero Proof Cocktails,

Coca-Cola selections,

offerings from Vitamin Water,

Aqua Spa Fresh Juice, and

Bottled Iced Teas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response.  I’m still not sure if she gets the whole zero proof package because it still allows me to buy it for her on the website versus saying ineligible.  

again. Sorry if this is silly.  

42 minutes ago, Golfsnc said:

Thanks for the response.  I’m still not sure if she gets the whole zero proof package because it still allows me to buy it for her on the website versus saying ineligible.  

Don't worry about the web site. I am in a Suite on my next cruise and the web site will allow me to buy a drink package and internet.....it's pretty ridiculous. If you booked AI, then those over 21 get a Classic drink package and under 21 get a Zero Proof package. Have a great cruise!

• Like 4

I'm not an experienced Celebrity cruiser, but I've been reading these threads for tips.  What I  understand from others' experiences is that the All Included classic drinks package includes specialty coffees, but not those with alcohol in them.  What's not clear to me is this... if the full price of the drink is equal to or less than the $10 classic package threshold, what would they charge you?  I have seen what appears to be a recent al Bacio menu online that shows drinks with Kahlua, rum, or Jameson priced at $9.

9 hours ago, Golfsnc said:

Not at all silly. Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

4 hours ago, bigAWL said:

I'm not an experienced Celebrity cruiser, but I've been reading these threads for tips.  What I  understand from others' experiences is that the All Included classic drinks package includes specialty coffees, but not those with alcohol in them.  What's not clear to me is this... if the full price of the drink is equal to or less than the $10 classic package threshold, what would they charge you?  I have seen what appears to be a recent al Bacio menu online that shows drinks with Kahlua, rum, or Jameson priced at $9.

I’ve gotten anything priced at the classic threshold for no additional cost including the alcoholic coffee drinks at cafe Al bacio.

2 hours ago, Tierun said:

I’ve gotten anything priced at the classic threshold for no additional cost including the alcoholic coffee drinks at cafe Al bacio.

That's good to hear about the coffee cocktails.  But it's not really anything, right? 

Premium water?  Redbull?  Smoothies and zero cocktails?  I think those are all priced under the threshold. 

There are a few alcoholic coffees that fall in the Classic Package price point.  The Classic Package does not include Red Bull and premium waters…even though they are priced lower than your price point, they are not included and you would pay the full $5 or whatever.

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

There are a few alcoholic coffees that fall in the Classic Package price point.  The Classic Package does not include Red Bull and premium waters…even though they are priced lower than your price point, they are not included and you would pay the full $5 or whatever.

FYI, you can carry on sealed cans of non-alcoholic drinks like energy drinks

• Like 1

If you are over 21 and have the All Included, can you choose to get the Zero Proof package instead of the Classic Package?  I don't drink alcohol and would get more benefit from the Zero Proof than the Classic.

23 hours ago, bigAWL said:

whenever you get anything not included in the classic package you will only be charged the difference + service charge - not the full price of the drink.

However, with most drinks/cocktails it’s easy to just let staff know you have the classic package and they’ll tell you what you can get or adjust a drink so you have it included.

Re the coffees: just get the coffee and the liquor separately and pour it in. 

24 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

whenever you get anything not included in the classic package you will only be charged the difference + service charge - not the full price of the drink.

However, with most drinks/cocktails it’s easy to just let staff know you have the classic package and they’ll tell you what you can get or adjust a drink so you have it included.

Re the coffees: just get the coffee and the liquor separately and pour it in. 

Is this more accurate?

• Whenever you get any alcoholic drink not included in the classic package you will only be charged the difference + service charge. 
  • For any non-alcoholic drink not included in the package, you will be charged the full price of the drink plus service charge. 
  • Caveat: while zero-proof cocktails are specifically not included in the classic package, you can get them for free anyway.

I added this caveat because someone posted their experience in another thread.  Can others confirm?  And sorry if it feels I'm being pedantic, but every dollar of difference for every individual drink we're talking about here goes into my calculation for choosing to upgrade to premium or not.

Interesting tip on the spiked coffee though!

1 hour ago, bigAWL said:

Is this more accurate?

• For any non-alcoholic drink not included in the package, you will be charged the full price of the drink plus service charge. 
  •  

Yes, this is correct. Because unlike the alcoholic drinks there hardly is a "difference" to charge. 
It is either included or not. For example a smoothie is not included, Perrier is not included. You order that, you pay in full.

And yes, non alcoholic cocktails are included! Virgin Colada etc. no problem.

Edited by Miaminice

4 hours ago, sonoma03 said:

If you are over 21 and have the All Included, can you choose to get the Zero Proof package instead of the Classic Package?  I don't drink alcohol and would get more benefit from the Zero Proof than the Classic.

You can call and ask. Though I doubt there would be any price adjustment.

5 hours ago, sonoma03 said:

you can ask on board. Sometimes it’s done, sometimes not.

On 5/17/2023 at 2:08 AM, Golfsnc said:

Yes, if under age for the cruise (..it could be 18 in Europe for example)  they should get the Zero Proof package.

You will still see packages that you already have show up for sale on the web site, so don't depend on that for any indication.

"Please visit www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages for further information on available beverages and full restrictions. Please drink responsibly. The minimum drinking age for purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from North America and Canada is 21 years at the time of sailing, and elsewhere is 18 years to comply with applicable laws. Where the eligible guest in a stateroom is less than the applicable minimum age on the initial sailing date, a Zero Proof Drinks Package will be provided to this guest instead."

Drinks, Wi-Fi & Tips- All Included | Celebrity Cruises