Passport Renewal

BND

• 1 month later...

The day after I got back from my Magic cruise I sent our passports out (expedited) from our local post office, as I may want to squeeze in a cruise (possibly in April) before we are welcome our first grandchild in the beginning of June. Sent them off February 6th, and just got them back this morning!  (2/17)  That is less than a 2 week turn-around!  Well done U.S. Dept. of State!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My son applied for a new passport (his first adult 10 year one) on 1/16, regular service, and according to USPS Informed Delivery it will arrive today.

Happy to no longer have to take kids to apply in person every five years. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Son applied for a passport on 1/19, received it back today. 30 days.

When you think about it, 30 days should be more than enough for a properly submitted renewal  — five days processing  (plus mailing time) seems reasonable —- unless the thing is going to just sit there until someone gets moving on it.

3 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

In many major cities you can get them the same day. In NYC for example a specific P.O. on Manhattan you go in the A.M. then come back a few hours later to pick it up. 

I heard about that, and that it was very hard to get an appointment at one of those pp agencies.  I just wanted my pp by April-ish, so I didn't need to do that.  My nephew did not realize his pp had expired- was leaving for Cancun the next day, and had to fly to Vermont as a "walk-in" to get his - lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davechipp74 said:

In many major cities you can get them the same day. In NYC for example a specific P.O. on Manhattan you go in the A.M. then come back a few hours later to pick it up. 

You generally need to be traveling soon in order to do this (I think it's less than two weeks) and there is an expedite fee involved. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

You generally need to be traveling soon in order to do this (I think it's less than two weeks) and there is an expedite fee involved. 

I thought that would be obvious, correct its not to be used all willy dilly walk in style.  

Edited by Davechipp74
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davechipp74 said:

I thought that would be obvious, correct its not to be used all willy dilly walk in style.  

Little these days is obvious to everyone, especially when dealing with a government agency. 🙂 

• Haha 2

Glad to hear this. I am a little concerned about my sister's passport.  They received Feb 3 and cashed check but it still says " no information available," when I do the status update on the website.  She did routine processing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I thought I would let everyone know what current Passport turnaround it... We mailed off our renewals on Jan 29th and received our new passports back on Feb 26. We even received our old passports on March 1st.  Less than 4 weeks to get our renewals....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

9 hours ago, CruznMooses said:

Hi, I thought I would let everyone know what current Passport turnaround it... We mailed off our renewals on Jan 29th and received our new passports back on Feb 26. We even received our old passports on March 1st.  Less than 4 weeks to get our renewals....

Did you do expedited or regular service?  Thx

Thanks, good to know. I have a cruise late April and then a cruise early October. My passport expires the end of October, so I plan on sending in my renewal early May.