Seems like a lot less...

Guest 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8

... griping since I last was observant of threads on here (four to six months ago ahead of my first Celebrity cruise in the Caribbean).

Except for sad burgers from the Mast Grill and toddlers in pools (neither of which, for the record, do I support), people in the forum seem now to just want to know and share information. How refreshing. 

It's like a giant swell rolled over the deck and washed out (most) of the deck chairs (griping). Whew.

Just about 90 days from my second Celebrity cruise out of Rome and will book two other future cruises while on board.

Of course, was tough to get my S.O. on that first cruise, being prone to seasickness in a swimming pool. 

Convinced my S.O. to do two westbound Transatlantic crossings on QM2 in the coming 18 months (buying stock in Dramamine for these), plus a family cruise on RCL in western Caribbean.

That first Celebrity cruise was fantastic on every level.

Can I get a witness?!

Edited by 4-2-N-8

I think the point is the OP finds the lack of griping posts to be refreshing. Am I right,OP?

personally, I learn just as much from the griping posts as I do all the others. And other people’s gripes (drama) is way more entertaining than my own 🤣

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I think the point is the OP finds the lack of griping posts to be refreshing. Am I right,OP?

personally, I learn just as much from the griping posts as I do all the others. And other people’s gripes (drama) is way more entertaining than my own 🤣

I think that your cruise around Christmas time was rather entertaining...

But yet informative...  I am double booked for airlines on my next Christmas cruise.  🤣 🤣 🤣.   Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C.

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

think that your cruise around Christmas time was rather entertaining...

Exactly!  whew! What a harrowing 24 hours. Glad you learned to have a contingency plan for your contingency plan. 🤣. As for us, our next 3 cruises are drive to ports. I’m over flying for a while. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I'm sorry, what is your point?  

ya want to be the witness???   I agree was a odd post and well glad that the person sees less complaining.  Perhaps they should go over to NCL or RCI,  plenty there.   I mean menus are a big topic.

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, but alas, refreshing as it is, I miss the good old days. The raging threads, the pointed remarks, the sometimes unfriendly posts.

In fact, and I could be wrong, but this forum now seems so informative. I suppose, well, it's a little disappointing.

Gulp, I've just returned and I'm missing those good old days.

I mean, it seems like there's something wrong when there isn't so much wrong.

Am I wrong?

😄

Guest 4-2-N-8
10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ya want to be the witness???   I agree was a odd post and well glad that the person sees less complaining.  Perhaps they should go over to NCL or RCI,  plenty there.   I mean menus are a big topic.

Good intel. I like it! 👍 

8 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Yes, but alas, refreshing as it is, I miss the good old days. The raging threads, the pointed remarks, the sometimes unfriendly posts.

In fact, and I could be wrong, but this forum now seems so informative. I suppose, well, it's a little disappointing.

Gulp, I've just returned and I'm missing those good old days.

I mean, it seems like there's something wrong when there isn't so much wrong.

Am I wrong?

😄

Not wrong but a few of us don’t thrive on the bitc____ and complaining.  I look here for information and to share information, not to see whose burger was over cooked or whose sommelier didn’t meet them at the door with their glass of wine.

A number of years ago when we were just starting cruising we were on a Carnival cruise.  The Roll Call was having a get together in a room with a sign that said  “Cruise Critic”, introducing we’re going on a a fella came in sat for a few minutes and stood up and said “what is this?  I thought this was a place to come and complain”. Was he right????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Not wrong but a few of us don’t thrive on the bitc____ and complaining.  I look here for information and to share information, not to see whose burger was over cooked or whose sommelier didn’t meet them at the door with their glass of wine.

A number of years ago when we were just starting cruising we were on a Carnival cruise.  The Roll Call was having a get together in a room with a sign that said  “Cruise Critic”, introducing we’re going on a a fella came in sat for a few minutes and stood up and said “what is this?  I thought this was a place to come and complain”. Was he right????

Hey, we can start a "my burger was undercooked" thread, a "my burger was overcooked" thread, a "my burger just doesn't live up to my standards" thread (a catch all, that can help cut down on too many threads).

If this isn't enough, I'll start a burgermeister thread for all German mayors to chime in.

This ought to help.

Guest 4-2-N-8
10 minutes ago, TMaine said:

What about chair hogs?  Has that old topic been put to rest? 

I sure hope that topic is still viable.

How else could the Gripes Per Hour be successfully maintained?

Which reminds me, how efficient is the Rome embarkation team/process (not looking to gripe. I just wanna knows). 😄

Re Rome - we embarked there last year - arrived at our allotted time and were in our cabin 10 minutes later. Not a single line anywhere.
San Pedro on the other hand….. chaos at both embarkation and disembarkation this year. Give me Rome any time! 

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, JintyGirl said:

Re Rome - we embarked there last year - arrived at our allotted time and were in our cabin 10 minutes later. Not a single line anywhere.
San Pedro on the other hand….. chaos at both embarkation and disembarkation this year. Give me Rome any time! 

What time did you arrive at the terminal in Civitavecchia and what was ship percentage of capacity for that sailing?

Edited by 4-2-N-8

A couple of months ago there were a lot of genuine concern about some sweeping changes that had been made that were not communicated by X. 
Following a lot of communications either directly or on these boards between guests and X, many of these changes have been reversed. X listened, so perhaps there was some value to the ‘griping’. Glad that things have settled down now. 

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

What time did you arrive at the terminal in Civitavecchia and what was ship percentage of capacity for that sailing?

Hijacking your own thread??  🙃

4-2-N-8, your S.O. should check out the Reliefband (reliefband.com or Amazon), an anti-nausea electronic band originally made for pilots. I can get sick watching television. I use it for cruises, flying, boat rides, windy or bumpy roads and action movies. I started with the early “Classic” model years ago. Now I have the rechargeable “Sport” model. Dramamine (knocks me out) and Bonine help me some but not enough.

Haven’t tried this, but supposedly helps hangovers too.🍸🍸🍸

Guest 4-2-N-8
2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I think that many of the posters have moved on to other lines...

And are posting in other groups...

Gave up on Celebrity, did they?

Well, I had a superb first try at it. They are quite good all around.

Then again, perspective matters with much in life.

IMO, if coming from a good life (this does not imply wealth in a monetary or materialistic sense) and staying in an Edge Villa or Iconic (wouldn't touch a Penthouse or Royal suite with those terrible balcony overhangs on Edge ships, which is all I'd sail), I think the world is found to be just right.

However, I think if one might struggle to get into a junior suite (Sky suite?) or a concierge/Aqua stateroom, and expect it to be on the order of St. Regis level service, this may be the disconnect and the source of many gripes.

I can say the luxury lines have pitfalls and jerks on them, too. Those who have moved on may find perfection elsewhere. But everything is changing, every day is time to enjoy this good life.

Just an observation. No intention of offending anyone.

Life is good. Peace to all.