Early boarding for Emerald tier

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Or you could wake up or stay up until midnight from where ship is leaving from and pick an early arrival time. Lots of folks do that.

Us west coasters haves a little advantage there don't we 🙂. It's midnight ship time.  10 pm Pacific time for Galveston and 9 pm for Florida departures.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Yep that has not been our experience post covid.  Course this was at the old terminal.  This September we'll be at the new one.  

I was referring to the NEW terminal which is TOTALLY different from the old warehouse 🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

People may shoot me for this but if I arrived early, I would give it a try getting on early.

No the employees at the embarkation terminal won't go that far. 😁

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 2

Ok, so the online check in time is based on the ship's port of departure local time? 

So if you're taking a cruise from Los Ángeles you should check in at 12:00 AM PDT?

Edited by carlosalonsor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

Ok, so the online check in time is based on the ship's port of departure local time? 

So if you're taking a cruise from Los Ángeles you should check in at 12:00 AM PDT?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:38 AM, BecciBoo said:

I can confirm Galveston DOES enforce it...rigidly.  

On 5/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, twangster said:

It's almost like two different people had two different experiences.  😱

I sailed multiple weeks Feb, Mar, Apr; May this year from Galveston and yes they are starting to enforce arrival time prior to terminal doors opening and the line still in existence.

I.e. prior to doors opening Suite, Key, Pinnacle have one serpentine line.  Earliest arrival time has a separate serpentine,  not earliest time not allowed in serpentine.  After both these lines clear and security is not backed up they start letting in waiting times to the point that they are now accepting all arriving guest,  by that time we are generally starting to actually board ship.

Boarding from inside terminal this year has been by status with in general boarding area being, wedding parties, key, D+, D, etc.

Suites and Pinnacle have a separate boarding lounge.  Though generally both areas start at the appropriate same time

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, cruisegus said:

I sailed multiple weeks Feb, Mar, Apr; May this year from Galveston and yes they are starting to enforce arrival time prior to terminal doors opening and the line still in existence.

I.e. prior to doors opening Suite, Key, Pinnacle have one serpentine line.  Earliest arrival time has a separate serpentine,  not earliest time not allowed in serpentine.  After both these lines clear and security is not backed up they start letting in waiting times to the point that they are now accepting all arriving guest,  by that time we are generally starting to actually board ship.

Boarding from inside terminal this year has been by status with in general boarding area being, wedding parties, key, D+, D, etc.

Suites and Pinnacle have a separate boarding lounge.  Though generally both areas start at the appropriate same time

Great info!  Thank you.