3 day sale

greener

1 minute ago, caribill said:

You can book a specific cabin using the group rate a TA has. They reserve a class of cabins,but book the specific ones their clients want from that class allocation.

Even if you made a direct booking on day 1, you can transfer that booking to a TA and get their group rate discount.

Thanks. We usually book our Princess cruises directly through our TA. Can I “assume” they’ll automatically book it with the group rate discount if they have access to them or do we have to ask? My guess is, no, and we should ask our TA about any discounted group rates they have access to. Also, have you ever heard of Princess offering discounted group rates for Reserved Collection or Vista Suites? 

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks. We usually book our Princess cruises directly through our TA. Can I “assume” they’ll automatically book it with the group rate discount if they have access to them or do we have to ask? My guess is, no, and we should ask our TA about any discounted group rates they have access to. Also, have you ever heard of Princess offering discounted group rates for Reserved Collection or Vista Suites? 

A good TA who shares the group discount will apply it without being asked,

As far as I know, a TA may include any category if cabins when they set up a "group".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It depends on what your TA has reserved, or their parent agency. When they make a group booking, they pick the allotment of room types, for example:

4 insides

6 BA

5 Deluxe Balcony

Hope this helps

😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, caribill said:

A good TA who shares the group discount will apply it without being asked,

As far as I know, a TA may include any category of cabins when they set up a "group".

I guess it definitely pays to ask, which we will do from now on! 😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Were you able to see standard pricing, without the plus/ premium package? I find it hard to compare, without having to call in to get that base rate online here in Canada. 

I was a bit confused on it when I first looked at it because I couldn't believe the price, but as you go through the listing there was a place to check if you wanted plus or premium. If I recall correclty there was no option to not take the plus option.

On 5/27/2023 at 10:35 PM, ceilidh1 said:

As someone that works for the agency having this sale, I can tell you 100% that we DO get group rates that are lower priced than cruiselines offer. This is because the group holds are taken out as soon as the cruise goes on sale. That price is locked in. The majority of times, the cruiseline rate goes up, but the locked in group rate doesn't - there are definitely exceptions, of course, (especially after final payment) when promos by the cruiseline mean they have lower pricing than the group rate. However, the agent is then free to use the promo rate and under no obligation to use the group rate. As an example, over Christmas I booked Ruby for myself and three additional cabins for friends. Since it was a holiday sailing, the cabins we were looking at were priced at $2200 pp on Princess site, with no OBC or packages included. Under my agency group rate, we got them for $1600 pp with Princess Plus (group rate was locked in while that was still included in the price - no longer the case) and $150 OBC per person. Neither my commission nor the agency commission paid for any of those "perks". Having said that, you have to shop around - not all agencies or agents are created equal and sometimes booking direct is the best way to go. I would never limit myself to one agent/agency, even though I'm an agent myself!

We are in the same "boat", literally!! LOL.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:41 PM, Happiest when cruising said:

Were you able to see standard pricing, without the plus/ premium package? I find it hard to compare, without having to call in to get that base rate online here in Canada. 

Don't understand your statement because Princess.com offers Standard, Plus, and Premium when shopping voyages.  What voyage(s) were you looking at and not seeing a Standard fare quote?

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't understand your statement because Princess.com offers Standard, Plus, and Premium when shopping voyages.  What voyage(s) were you looking at and not seeing a Standard fare quote?

I think they mean the club agency’s website in Canada. I also find it annoying that that particular one doesn’t display the basic fares.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

24 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I think they mean the club agency’s website in Canada. I also find it annoying that that particular one doesn’t display the basic fares.  

Oh, I see.  Well it is true that TA's are programmed to sell the packages.  Princess Marketing hammers at the value in their seminars.  I imagine a number of agencies either assume everyone will want one of the two or they are deliberately attempting to make the upsell and earn more commission, etc.  

On 5/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

I was looking on the site that is having the big sale. Some of the other sites that are of a box box type, also show only the packages, and then you have to call in for further information and prices. I totally understand how the Princess site works. I have booked with the company that is having the sale in the past, but we went to the location of the cruise company store. That was before I knew better, though. 

• Like 1

I am with the Sale agency.  I email my agent with a list of requirements that I want - cabin #, PVP, Standard for each cruise.

For this Sale, she is going to cancel my 3 cruises for 2024/2025 and rebook and I will receive more OBC.

When I first read about the Sale, I thought the Plus was included in the Sale, I ask my agent and was told “no”.  Everyone has Standard and they add the Plus @ a cost.  The agents now get a commission for selling Plus that is why they push it 

Edited by phabric
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I was looking on the site that is having the big sale. Some of the other sites that are of a box box type, also show only the packages, and then you have to call in for further information and prices. I totally understand how the Princess site works. I have booked with the company that is having the sale in the past, but we went to the location of the cruise company store. That was before I knew better, though. 

Okay, but you could have been clearer in your post because the person you responded to was talking about their booking with Princess.

It is quite possible that a travel agency would not advertise the Princess Standard rate because they want to sell packages.  However, they can book Standard if their client requests.  The agencies I look at show all fares on their booking pages.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I find it interesting this sale is allowed to be discussed on here since the agency involved is very obvious and well-known and easy to derive if one had no clue and spent 10 seconds on Google.

Guess I've not been paying much attention to the specifics of the sale. Are the details not available on Princess.com?

We have one booking, with another agency, that ts at a good rate, because it was launch fare, with a bit of a discount and a bit of OBC.

I kind of doubt whether this 3 day sale would make enough difference for us to change.

I don't know what kinds of fares others here are finding on that sale. 

I am not sure if those lowest rates are online?  Or do you not have to have an agent/contact.?

If they were throwing in free gratuities, or drinks, or anything at all.  then THAT would be a sale worth noting.

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Guess I've not been paying much attention to the specifics of the sale. Are the details not available on Princess.com?

Not a Princess sale.  Never has been.  Always in summer.  Used to mimic PCL 3-For-Free and Sip 'n' Sail.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

We have one booking, with another agency, that ts at a good rate, because it was launch fare, with a bit of a discount and a bit of OBC.

I kind of doubt whether this 3 day sale would make enough difference for us to change.

I don't know what kinds of fares others here are finding on that sale. 

I am not sure if those lowest rates are online?  Or do you not have to have an agent/contact.?

If they were throwing in free gratuities, or drinks, or anything at all.  then THAT would be a sale worth noting.

I get my TA discount 365... no need to wait for a 3-day window from another organization.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I get my TA discount 365... no need to wait for a 3-day window from another organization.

Feel the exact same way.  The sale gives 200 for 2 on a 7 day and 400 for 2 on a 14 day on a basic inside cabin and it's probably OBC.  Can get more from my current TA and it's a discount that I save on the front end.