To Mariner…or not.

Emdee

5 hours ago, ON cruiser said:

Two apologies were issued yesterday: first from the cruise director and secondly, in his port departure announcement, from the Captain.

Good to hear the issues are being acknowledged & addressed.

Not sure what the CD has to apologise for? It would seem more appropriate for the GM to acknowledge the problems & explain what caused the system blockage & failure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Good to hear the issues are being acknowledged & addressed.

Not sure what the CD has to apologise for? It would seem more appropriate for the GM to acknowledge the problems & explain what caused the system blockage & failure.

Or Engineering maybe as the CD reports to the GM but the Chief Engineer does not.

Good Saturday morning from the BVIs. As I noted, the CD apologized, speaking on behalf of all management. As did the Captain later. Obviously, I cannot say why someone else did not comment.

Other than stating that maintenance would be done, per my prior post, no explanation as to what caused the problem was, as far as I can recall, stated.

Personally, I don’t care “why”. I care about the fix or cure lasting. So far, it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, ON cruiser said:

Good Saturday morning from the BVIs. As I noted, the CD apologized, speaking on behalf of all management. As did the Captain later. Obviously, I cannot say why someone else did not comment.

Other than stating that maintenance would be done, per my prior post, no explanation as to what caused the problem was, as far as I can recall, stated.

Personally, I don’t care “why”. I care about the fix or cure lasting. So far, it is.

Excellent news - ty for sharing.

Sorry to report, the problem still exist in “suite” 761.  If you are booked 

3 hours ago, CJANDH said:

Any potty updates? We board on Tuesday and are hoping for no Christmas back-ups. 🫰

Sorry to report that the problem still exist (9h30 am -Sunday Dec 10) in “suite” 761.  If you are booked in this cabin, do not take a chance, ask to be moved to another cabin.  During our stay (Dec 2 to Dec 10) the toilet works properly only one day! Sure, somebody came to fix the problem each day but it never disappeared completely.

Edited by cruise_loverinlaval
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Sorry to report that the problem still exist (9h30 am -Sunday Dec 10) in “suite” 761.  If you are booked in this cabin, do not take a chance, ask to be moved to another cabin.  During our stay (Dec 2 to Dec 10) the toilet works properly only one day! Sure, somebody came to fix the problem each day but it never disappeared completely.

How disappointing. I can't imagine the inconvenience and potential embarrassment of needing to call maintenance every day of the cruise to help flush the toilet. I hope the rest of your cruise is EXCELLENT to make up for this, but not sure anything really could.

1 hour ago, the_dylaness said:

How disappointing. I can't imagine the inconvenience and potential embarrassment of needing to call maintenance every day of the cruise to help flush the toilet. I hope the rest of your cruise is EXCELLENT to make up for this, but not sure anything really could.

Might be isolated - others reporting it is solved.

3 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Disappointing??? 

But other than that,  Mrs Lincoln ,how was the play?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Outrageous. I hope you’re duly compensated 

12 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

When you’re the statistic the problem hasn’t been solved

True....but for people reading this and not experiencing it, its good news. Very sorry you have to go through it and I sincerely hopes it gets better soon.

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

True....but for people reading this and not experiencing it, its good news. Very sorry you have to go through it and I sincerely hopes it gets better soon.

Thankfully I didn’t go through that , I’m not in the Mariner, and thanks to pax reporting on it not planning to be until Regent does a dry dock ( and hopefully a permanent fix ) which based on your reporting won’t be until late 2025

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

Thankfully I didn’t go through that , I’m not in the Mariner, and thanks to pax reporting on it not planning to be until Regent does a dry dock ( and hopefully a permanent fix ) which based on your reporting won’t be until late 2025

The dates of the drydock for both ships came directly and officially from Regent...with the footnote that they are subject to change. However, I verified the dates and there are no cruises booked in those time frames.

In 2002 we were on the Mariner Caribbean right before the 2003 World Cruise.  New Year's Day announcement was made that they needed to do repairs on one of the pods so our itinerary was being changed to allow 48 hours alongside in Key West for repairs.  We were very well compensated and basically just lost a sea day.

In 2010 we boarded Voyager in Athens, we were told that we would be leaving late due to German engineers en route to address a pod issue; the next morning we were still at the dock.  At 9am Captain came on speaker and started out "I regret to inform you that this cruise has been canceled."  Again, we were very well compensated.

Tomorrow we board the Mariner for a bucket list Amazon cruise.  My stomach is turning as I am fearful we will all be called into the theater after we have left Miami to be informed that the cruise has been changed to allow time in Key West (or some other port) for repairs prior to the World Cruise; again.  I know infinitesimal chance that this will happen but I will be thinking about it until we are heading south.

Marc

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Tomorrow we board the Mariner for a bucket list Amazon cruise.  My stomach is turning as I am fearful we will all be called into the theater after we have left Miami to be informed that the cruise has been changed to allow time in Key West (or some other port) for repairs prior to the World Cruise; again.  I know infinitesimal chance that this will happen but I will be thinking about it until we are heading south.

No maintenance issues arose on our Mariner cruise at the end of November.  Hopefully, you'll dodge the same bullet on yours.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Duplicate. Deleted.

Push it a couple of times. Vacuum toilets sometimes need more than 1 push. If still not working, report to stewardess and tell us what happened. If no good result, speak with GM and let us know. Hope it all works out well and you have a great time!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Push it a couple of times. Vacuum toilets sometimes need more than 1 push. If still not working, report to stewardess and tell us what happened. If no good result, speak with GM and let us know. Hope it all works out well and you have a great time!

Already called reception. Phone rang for 2 minutes with no answer. I guess a lot of people were calling to report the problem.  Waited 20 minutes  and then got thru. They are aware of the problem.

• Like 1