Diamond Drinks

On 5/28/2023 at 5:01 PM, John&LaLa said:

Someone told me they roam the halls when doing a B2B, snatching up unopened wine. 😱Suite deck is first stop 😉

Do you mean cabins like the Crown Lofts or the sun deck? 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 5:56 PM, bonsai3s said:

...and vouchers are good at Labadee and Coco Cay. :classic_smile:

How do they track this for the roaming servers?  Do the workers still use the paper slips when walking around asking you for your drink order?  If you go over the 4 allowed I assume they will end up charging you for the extras once they do the tally onboard?

27 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

How do they track this for the roaming servers?  Do the workers still use the paper slips when walking around asking you for your drink order?  If you go over the 4 allowed I assume they will end up charging you for the extras once they do the tally onboard?

Yes.  When you order they take your seapass card and you get a receipt that will show the tally.  If I think I'm going to go over my alottment and ordering a soda or other less expensive item I'll ask for them to charge it.

On 5/27/2023 at 1:15 PM, smokeybandit said:

I always assumed the stewards kept them for their own cabins

We also left numerous cans of pop assuming the Room Steward was allowed to keep them.

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The roaming servers asked for my seapass card...they probably hand the card to the bartender who tracks the drinks. In my experience at both Labadee and Coco Cay, we've never received paper slips. * I give them a tip when I give them my seapass card.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, topnole said:

And many probably refuse them as the norm now is to never accept a drink from a stranger and particularly if you didn’t see it being made.  Woman (men too for that matter) are always targets for their drinks being drugged.  Sad indeed.  Also, most folks who sit at the bars probably have a drink package (or are Diamond themselves).  It’s a nice gesture though.  

It can be very scary!! 
Last year (when the turnover time was midnight) I got a drink at 11:45 pm. The bartender said you still have 2 drinks left!! I kinda laughed but then I asked everyone at the bar if I could buy them a drink... They were Prime or had the package. I was able to give them away to a couple who had been playing poker with my sister all cruise. Their first of many cruises!! 
I asked the wife to come with me to the bar... In my mind, I wanted her to see I was not doing anything to the drinks... I doubt she even thought about that tho 

Edited by LilBlackDress

On 6/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Another_Critic said:

On 6/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, Another_Critic said:

Thank you.  This exactly what I needed.