Sundaes-What is your favorite ?

lenquixote66

Knickerbocker Glory. Classic.

My favourite Indian restaurant combines two traditonal desserts into a sundae. Kulfi and falooda. It's a bit gloopy in texture from the vermicelli but it tastes great.

5 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Nothing is Better than a HOT FUDGE SUNDAE w Whip Cream w Cherry on Top

Always wanted to try a Banana Split but not eager to...

I love Banana Splits.My 5th.birthday party was held on Brighton Beach,All the kids who attended had Good Humor hot fudge sundaes.

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I love Banana Splits.My 5th.birthday party was held on Brighton Beach,All the kids who attended had Good Humor hot fudge sundaes.

The problem with banana splits…a lot of places use chocolate syrup instead of hot fudge.  The best splits have pineapple topping, strawberry topping, hot fudge and whipped cream with a cherry.  

4 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

The problem with banana splits…a lot of places use chocolate syrup instead of hot fudge.  The best splits have pineapple topping, strawberry topping, hot fudge and whipped cream with a cherry.  

I cannot recall ever having a banana split with chocolate syrup.

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot recall ever having a banana split with chocolate syrup.

Yes…I worked at Friendly’s Ice Cream when I was 16 years old.  We used to make banana splits with chocolate syrup unless the customer requested hot fudge.  We were not the only ice cream purveyors that employed that trick.  The syrup was cheaper.

3 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Yes…I worked at Friendly’s Ice Cream when I was 16 years old.  We used to make banana splits with chocolate syrup unless the customer requested hot fudge.  We were not the only ice cream purveyors that employed that trick.  The syrup was cheaper.

I worked in a diner type restaurant making sodas and sundaes when I was 16.It was a weekend job. I cannot recall what my salary was.

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I worked in a diner type restaurant making sodas and sundaes when I was 16.It was a weekend job. I cannot recall what my salary was.

In 1966 the minimum wage was $1.65 per hour…LOL.  We also got tips that were accumulated and split each week…usually about $5-$10 per week…working about 20-25 hours per week part time.

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

General favorite is a hot fudge sundae. Very specifically, from Leon's Frozen Custard on 27th Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin: butter pecan frozen custard with hot fudge and butter-toasted pecans, a double-gilded lily if ever there was one!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

In 1966 the minimum wage was $1.65 per hour…LOL.  We also got tips that were accumulated and split each week…usually about $5-$10 per week…working about 20-25 hours per week part time.

In 1966 I had already graduated college and had a fulltime job working for Life Magazine.I cannot recall my salary.

I can't remember the last time I had a sundae but I have to say a traditional hot fudge with vanilla ice cream would be my favorite🙂

42 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1966 I had already graduated college and had a fulltime job working for Life Magazine.I cannot recall my salary.

I left school in 1966, aged 16 , and went to work as a clerk at the local town hall. My annual salary was £320.  I continued to work there and, later, for the local probation service in similar administrative jobs until I took early retirement when I was 53. Salary then was just over £25k.

53 minutes ago, Harters said:

I left school in 1966, aged 16 , and went to work as a clerk at the local town hall. My annual salary was £320.  I continued to work there and, later, for the local probation service in similar administrative jobs until I took early retirement when I was 53. Salary then was just over £25k.

I retired at age 56 but my wife was still working.A friend of mine talked me in to work for his company even though I never worked in that field .

I retired again 5 years later.

11 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Hmmmm…how about a hot fudge sundae on Brighams pistachio ice cream with a mountain of whipped cream and a fat cherry on top.  

Hi CGT, I don't know that brand but if you like them they must be good😀

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi CGT, I don't know that brand but if you like them they must be good😀

Hi Lois, Yes the Brighams brand is local and it stands with the best.  I love their peppermint stick, pistachio and DW favorite coffee fudge!😃