Returned Form My B-3-B On The Harmony

All in all had a great time with a few bumps along the way, week 1 and 3rd had a great wait staff, week 2 not so good, cold food and slow service, moved to the Windjammer after complaining to Head Waiter without results.  At the end of week 2 the Captain and several of his officers paid a visit to the Diamond Club, the head of Food and Beverage asked how we were enjoying our cruise, boy did he get a ear full from our group, good news I got comped for a steak dinner. Everyone else had a complaint about the food in the specialty restaurants.   

After 3 weeks on the ship you really start to notice the cut backs, i.e. Park Cafe no chips, limited sandwiches and deserts, Windjammer, I could write several paragraphs on that, the 24 hour cafe has about 1/2 the offerings, you are getting the idea.  As you know the MDR has a new menu, food items are good but if you are not into the night's offering you are out of luck.

More later, please feel free to ask questions.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've had mixed results in Mdr. I have a b2b on harmony starting nov 26 so read out if curiosity. 

If your going on Harmony Nov. 26, check your date.  We are going on Harmony out of Miami on Nov. 24.

1 hour ago, rucruisn2 said:

If your going on Harmony Nov. 26, check your date.  We are going on Harmony out of Miami on Nov. 24.

Harmony is leaving Galveston on Nov. 26. 

Edited by DamonG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

This is totally weird.  We are on the Harmony on June 24 out of Miami.  I have our boarding passes and check in all set.  It states June 24, 2023.  I am going to call Royal

It is leaving from Miami next month, no need to call.

The above posts were dealing with November. Harmony is leaving Miami for Galveston sometime after your cruise and eventually returning.

Edited by OCSC Mike

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The above posts were dealing with November. Harmony is leaving Miami for Galveston sometime after your cruise and eventually returning.

Actually I dont see harmony leaving Galveston thru april 2025. .. it's still in Galveston. I have it booked oct 2024 and had harmony booked dec 2024 from texas. The dec 2024 harmony is the one I moved to adventure. ..still have the 8 day on harmony to coco cay booked. Idk its guaranteed to return to miami. We probably will know in nov next release date, but it's not known yet. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually I dont see harmony leaving Galveston thru april 2025. .. it's still in Galveston. I have it booked oct 2024 and had harmony booked dec 2024 from texas. The dec 2024 harmony is the one I moved to adventure. ..still have the 8 day on harmony to coco cay booked. Idk its guaranteed to return to miami. We probably will know in nov next release date, but it's not known yet. 

You are, of course, correct. I have no idea what I misread when I searched the RC site. I need to stop responding to random threads out of boredom.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ignore that part about it returning. Completely wrong but too late for me to edit.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Part of the problem with the chips in Park Cafe is people hoarded them.  I used to see people with 5 or 6 bags at a time.  I'd go to get ONE bag with my lunch and they'd be out of potato chips because those were the ones people tended to hoard.  It was nothing but greed as there were reports of people taking multiple bags home.  It had gotten way out of hand. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, rucruisn2 said:

I don't know where it is going after our cruise, but Harmony is leaving Miami, round trip on June 24, 2023. .

You are correct on this rucruisn2. I only responded to your earlier reply about leaving Miami on Nov 24th. You just had put the wrong month, because by Nov sailings it will be out of Galveston.

13 minutes ago, DamonG said:

You are correct on this rucruisn2. I only responded to your earlier reply about leaving Miami on Nov 24th. You just had put the wrong month, because by Nov sailings it will be out of Galveston.

November 24 2023 is out of Miami, not Galveston.  Guess what, the cruise is now sold out,  go figure.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Part of the problem with the chips in Park Cafe is people hoarded them.  I used to see people with 5 or 6 bags at a time.  I'd go to get ONE bag with my lunch and they'd be out of potato chips because those were the ones people tended to hoard.  It was nothing but greed as there were reports of people taking multiple bags home.  It had gotten way out of hand. This is why we can't have nice things.

You need to stand there and tell everyone to take ONLY ONE PLEASE !

2 hours ago, rucruisn2 said:

November 24 2023 is out of Miami, not Galveston.  Guess what, the cruise is now sold out,  go figure.

We are on Harmony first part of December. Harmony is definitely in Galveston in November and December of this year.  It better not be in Miami as we have 3 non-refundable reservations at Harbor House.

image.png.d7015fb51f2ddcb75bf5012a07113ce5.png

Edited by cruise_co
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BND said:

When we were on Harmony first week of May, there were baskets of chips (sour cream and cheddar ruffles and regular lays in the yellow bag) on the bar counter on the suite deck.  I was pleasantly surprised to see them there as my will power is severely lacking with the Cheddar and Sour Cream ruffles 🙂

On 5/30/2023 at 12:34 AM, JamesEM said:

... the head of Food and Beverage asked how we were enjoying our cruise, boy did he get a ear full from our group, good news I got comped for a steak dinner. Everyone else had a complaint about the food in the specialty restaurants ... 

What was his attitude?  Was he sincerely looking for information from you, the customer?  

3 hours ago, BND said:

Part of the problem with the chips in Park Cafe is people hoarded them ... This is why we can't have nice things.

Potato chips are also sold in large commercial boxes, and adding a handful to a plate isn't difficult.  Royal doesn't have to go with more expensive, space-hogging, worse-for-the-Earth individual bags.  

After further inquiry I was informed that the Captain visits the Diamond  Club several times a week with members of his staff, and yes they do follow up on issues brought to their attention.  In my case not only did I get a great steak, I was surprised with a birthday cake (with a candle) and the section singing Happy Birthday, additionally a bottle of sparkling wine was sent to my cabin.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cruise_co said:

When we were on Harmony first week of May, there were baskets of chips (sour cream and cheddar ruffles and regular lays in the yellow bag) on the bar counter on the suite deck.  I was pleasantly surprised to see them there as my will power is severely lacking with the Cheddar and Sour Cream ruffles 🙂

Not a fair comparison.     Suite deck has WAY FEWER passengers than what passes through Park Cafe and is not considered an eating venue.  No one goes to the suite deck to get food.  There are a few snacks ( chips/fruit cups) put out during the day for the comfort of suite guests.  Sometimes there are only a handful of passengers using the deck. 

M

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, rucruisn2 said:

I hope you reconsider where you are getting your information.