Summit question please.

Ashland

Looking at cabin #9165, 67, 69, 30 and 32. Can someone tell me if the bed when entering is on the left or right side?

Also considering cabin # 8185. Love afts but I heard theirs a band that plays and it can be heard in the cabin...how late is there noise coming from this onboard venue and would you choose this cabin?

Thanks from a long time RCI cruiser who is pretty new to Celebrity.

27 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Also considering cabin # 8185. Love afts but I heard theirs a band that plays and it can be heard in the cabin...how late is there noise coming from this onboard venue and would you choose this cabin?

There are staterooms on deck 9 so you would have a stateroom above #8185.  The Sunset Bar is located aft on deck 10.  Bands do not play there.  The Sunset Bar music is generally something rather soft (no drum sets).  Sometimes a singer playing their own guitar or possibly two folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Looking at cabin #9165, 67, 69, 30 and 32. Can someone tell me if the bed when entering is on the left or right side?

We have been on Deck 8 aft cabins on board Summit and 2 of her sister ships--most recently this past November.  I would agree with Northern Aurora--I've only seen/heard a live singer with guitar.  It's not very load or intrusive.  It is usually around dinner time and not into the evening.

8185 is a very nice cabin with a very large balcony--bigger than the balconies for the other 5 cabins you mentioned.  I would book it in a heartbeat.  The views of the wake are mesmerizing.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3ee8ab0f094d9f4b4de682c538ea290.jpeg

View from Stateroom 8188 on Constellation.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I believe the cabins all have the bed by the bath, they don’t alternate like the S & E class ships.

Thanks...but what I'm specifically asking is when you enter the cabin (#9165) is the bed on the left handside. I know the beds are by the bath so not my question.

21 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

We have been on Deck 8 aft cabins on board Summit and 2 of her sister ships--most recently this past November.  I would agree with Northern Aurora--I've only seen/heard a live singer with guitar.  It's not very load or intrusive.  It is usually around dinner time and not into the evening.

8185 is a very nice cabin with a very large balcony--bigger than the balconies for the other 5 cabins you mentioned.  I would book it in a heartbeat.  The views of the wake are mesmerizing.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3ee8ab0f094d9f4b4de682c538ea290.jpeg

View from Stateroom 8188 on Constellation.  

Thanks...From the video's I've seen of the aft wake on Summit there seems to be a canopy over the top of each balcony and you're not looking down directly at the cabin balcony below and deck #9 isn't looking down on your deck #8.... Yes or No?

Edited by Ashland

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...From the video's I've seen of the aft wake on Summit there seems to be a canopy over the top of each balcony and you're not looking down directly at the cabin balcony below and deck #9 isn't looking down on your deck #8.... Yes or No?

Yes.  Each aft balcony has an overhead awning that covers most of the balcony from above.  Only the area closest to the railing is exposed from above.  On the extreme right side of the photo that I posted, you can see the edge of the awning covering the Deck 7 aft balconies (Constellation).  I believe the awnings on Constellation are designed differently than Summit, but the coverage is very similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to all that helped. I opted for #8185. 

I'll be getting off an 8 night RCI cruise and will board Summit the next day. Looking forward to this newly revitalized Celebrity ship. Only my 2nd cruise with X which was on Eclipse.

This is a photo I took of 9164 on Constellation a couple of weeks ago which shows the coverage above.  Much is covered by steel then canopy then open by the rail.  You can still use the balcony if it's raining out.   Deck 8 will be the same.  Have been in most deck 8 aft cabins on M class.  We love sitting on balcony at night listening to the guitar player.  We missed it on this last trip as they didn't seem to have them playing there.  You won't hear it in the cabin.

Edit: this is the accessible balcony so it's wider than 8185 but the depth is the same.   No we didn't book this out from under someone who needed it.  Guest Relations Director offered for a second leg of B2B as it wasn't booked.

image.png.f412cf1475b3d803182eaa77e5ede73a.png

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

This is a photo I took of 9164 on Constellation a couple of weeks ago which shows the coverage above.  Much is covered by steel then canopy then open by the rail.  You can still use the balcony if it's raining out.   Deck 8 will be the same.  Have been in most deck 8 aft cabins on M class.  We love sitting on balcony at night listening to the guitar player.  We missed it on this last trip as they didn't seem to have them playing there.  You won't hear it in the cabin.

Edit: this is the accessible balcony so it's wider than 8185 but the depth is the same.   No we didn't book this out from under someone who needed it.  Guest Relations Director offered for a second leg of B2B as it wasn't booked.

image.png.f412cf1475b3d803182eaa77e5ede73a.png

What a balcony and killer view.

• Like 1