Suggestions for New Itineraries

kcpvwill

Suggestions for new itineraries? Anything that might go out of either Baltimore or Bayonne. Likely no room for another cruise line in either one anyway, but if Viking would show up there, that'd be terrific for us since we're only 2-2.5 hours from either.

• Like 1

We did this trip, and although wouldn’t do it again I would recommend it highly to others if they did reintroduce it. I think every port was just a short stroll into town and so many wonderful things to see. We missed out on Montenegro because it became a red zone for us Brits which was a shame. 

IMG_2457.png

5 hours ago, JollyJacqTar said:

We did this trip, and although wouldn’t do it again I would recommend it highly to others if they did reintroduce it. I think every port was just a short stroll into town and so many wonderful things to see. We missed out on Montenegro because it became a red zone for us Brits which was a shame. 

IMG_2457.png

We went to Montenegro from Dubrovnik on that trip only by hiring a driver for the day - Kotor was beautiful.  I am sorry you were not able to go.  The Covid years were unfriendly to world travel.

• Like 1

Would love a Sea of Cotez and Mexico.  Also Overnight in San Fran, LA and San Diego.

Looked at Viking Hawaii but too many days at sea with no overnights in Hawaii. It would be nice if Viking reduces the sea days and added some overnights in Hawaii ports.

• Like 2

I’d like an intensive Asian cruise, excluding Japan as that deserves its own cruise. Covering Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, perhaps Hong Kong & China. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waldorf said:

I’d like an intensive Asian cruise, excluding Japan as that deserves its own cruise. Covering Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, perhaps Hong Kong & China. 

Viking does these countries, but maybe not Philippines.

5 hours ago, MSEm said:

Would love a Sea of Cotez and Mexico.  Also Overnight in San Fran, LA and San Diego.

Looked at Viking Hawaii but too many days at sea with no overnights in Hawaii. It would be nice if Viking reduces the sea days and added some overnights in Hawaii ports.

You may not really want an overnight in SFO. Unless you are planning on traveling away from the city up to wine country, or the redwoods or coast. Unfortunately SFO is not the City it used to be. Even Nordstrom and major hotels are pulling out. It is sad. It used to be a beautiful city to visit. Hopefully in time it will change. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I would still like to see them return to the NE and then travel up through the St. Lawrence Seaway into the Great Lakes.  They used to have those...but nothing since.  😞 

Been replaced by the Viking Expedition ships so still available just on different and more expensive ships.

31 minutes ago, PRH said:

Been replaced by the Viking Expedition ships so still available just on different and more expensive ships.

We are booked for the St. Lawrence Seaway out of Toronto, then out to the NW passage and Greenland July 2025 on Expedition ship Octantis, but would still like to do coastal NE...then into the Seaway and through Great Lakes.  Shame they got ride of that route.  Now it's just the Great Lakes.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are booked for the St. Lawrence Seaway out of Toronto, then out to the NW passage and Greenland July 2025 on Expedition ship Octantis, but would still like to do coastal NE...then into the Seaway and through Great Lakes.  Shame they got ride of that route.  Now it's just the Great Lakes.  

The Octanis and Polaris do go through the Seaway when they go/come from Antarctica on their relocation trips.  We took Octanis on “Canadian Discovery” trip from Toronto to NYC.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PRH said:

The Octanis and Polaris do go through the Seaway when they go/come from Antarctica on their relocation trips.  We took Octanis on “Canadian Discovery” trip from Toronto to NYC.

I am looking at 2025, but want NE/St. Lawrence Seaway/Great Lakes combo.  Used to have that, but not seeing it in 2025.  Could be due to new NW passage with Octantis mid summer (which we are on).  

19 minutes ago, waldorf said:

They do but only quite short cruises, I’d like to see options for at least 28 days cruises. 

If you want a longer cruise the first Viking world cruise we were on stopped at most of your wants including Manila.🍸

Edited by Jim Avery

1 hour ago, waldorf said:

They do but only quite short cruises, I’d like to see options for at least 28 days cruises. 

I’m not sure I’d describe a cruise less than 28 days as “quite short.” Perhaps my criteria are different than yours.

That said, a quick review of Viking’s website shows several Asia cruises between 27 and 31 days. Your needs may already be met.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 7:00 PM, OnTheJourney said:

Suggestions for new itineraries? Anything that might go out of either Baltimore or Bayonne. Likely no room for another cruise line in either one anyway, but if Viking would show up there, that'd be terrific for us since we're only 2-2.5 hours from either.

Baltimore would be ideal for V, since only smaller height ships can go under Bay Bridge.

Excellent port facility at Locust Point, and has it's own exit from I-95.  So convenient for so many pax along east coast. 

Have done many Royal and X cruises from Baltimore, but now a convert to V.

• Like 2

In England - It would be great if Viking docked at Newcastle or Hull. The first Viking raid took place on Lindisfarne (Holy Island) and the nearby Farne Islands offer the chance to see puffins and seals in galore in May/June. With Bamburgh Castle nearby. Then of course there is Durham and York (still bearing its Viking name of Yorvik) with their grand Norman cathedrals and medieval towns. There is so much history along the North East coast of England and Viking loves history. Newcastle and Hull are both ferry ports and other cruise lines use Newcastle. So logistically it’s goer. 

• Like 7

Totally agree with you Queenie.  I was hoping some of the Viking travellers would pitch in with their knowledge of ports that can accommodate cruise ships the size of Viking in Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia and the Mediterranean.  These areas are my limit on flights nowadays.  With 19 cruises with Viking, we are running out of options with that parameter unless we start repeating.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, formernuke said:

Agree that Viking could do a BIE2 with all different ports. That would be fantastic!

I could go for that too.  A circumnavigation of the UK starting and stopping in Greenwich.  Hah, we have a British Airways direct flight LHR/PHX.  Been on it a few times and as good as flying gets these days.  Now all I need is 928 besties to go too.

• Like 2