Suggestions for New Itineraries

kcpvwill

Having seen others on CC, like us, who have done lots of Viking cruises (11 Ocean & 8 River) suggesting new itineraries are needed, I thought it would be nice to suggest places that we would like to go.  As we come from the UK and don’t do long haul any more, my suggestions are all in Europe

I’d like to visit:

All the Balearics

More of Sicily 

Corsica and Sardinia 

More of the Greek islands

Cyprus

with some new mainland places to link the islands

Also a second Round the British Isles including new ports, like Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow, Isles of Scilly, Whitby ( my favourite place) the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Hebrides,   and the whole of Ireland. There are so many places that would make a good cruise.  

As you can see from my list I like islands!

• Like 6

I'll jump in.  Would love to see Mexico and the Sea of Cortez.  Sea of Cortez is simply beautiful with lots of sea life and many towns are very unspoiled compared to Cabo or Mazatlan.  Though we do have a fave seafood place in Mazatlan.  Out of San Diego or LA with alternating Hawaii trips.  This is currently the purview of HAL and having recently survived the Nieuw Amsterdam, will not darken their door again.  And they really do not explore the Sea of Cortez.  That area with Vikings service and small ship abilities would be new for most.  As long as they skip Cabo and Maz. 🍹

• Like 3

Another easy run for both Viking and Yanks would be the Bahamas Out Islands from Palm Beach or even Tampa.  Tampa would allow for a stop at Fort Jefferson at the tip end of the Keys.  And too bad Cuba is not available at the moment.  I like the above about more around England and even Ireland.  Some easy beautiful fun stops with lots of history.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kentishincanada said:

I concur with KCPVWILL, we would really like an indepth Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica enough of Athens and Barcelona.

Add Malta and that would be a great one.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kentishincanada said:

I concur with KCPVWILL, we would really like an indepth Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica enough of Athens and Barcelona.

Personally, I don't think I will ever tire of Barcelona, but love the Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica idea. Can we fit Palma de Mallorca into that one, or is it too far out of the way? How about  Genoa?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

Personally, I don't think I will ever tire of Barcelona, but love the Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica idea. Can we fit Palma de Mallorca into that one, or is it too far out of the way? How about  Genoa?

Well the voyage will probably have to start in Rome so I think we can easily include Genoa and maybe Cinque Ports in addition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Another easy run for both Viking and Yanks would be the Bahamas Out Islands from Palm Beach or even Tampa.  Tampa would allow for a stop at Fort Jefferson at the tip end of the Keys.  And too bad Cuba is not available at the moment.  I like the above about more around England and even Ireland.  Some easy beautiful fun stops with lots of history.

Since we live 45 minutes from Port Tampa we would be all in!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

Having seen others on CC, like us, who have done lots of Viking cruises (11 Ocean & 8 River) suggesting new itineraries are needed, I thought it would be nice to suggest places that we would like to go.  As we come from the UK and don’t do long haul any more, my suggestions are all in Europe

I’d like to visit:

All the Balearics

More of Sicily 

Corsica and Sardinia 

More of the Greek islands

Cyprus

with some new mainland places to link the islands

Also a second Round the British Isles including new ports, like Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow, Isles of Scilly, Whitby ( my favourite place) the Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Hebrides,   and the whole of Ireland. There are so many places that would make a good cruise.  

As you can see from my list I like islands!

Whitby is your favourite place? I bet you love the fish and chips at the Magpie? Best ever.

10 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I'll jump in.  Would love to see Mexico and the Sea of Cortez.  Sea of Cortez is simply beautiful with lots of sea life and many towns are very unspoiled compared to Cabo or Mazatlan.  Though we do have a fave seafood place in Mazatlan.  Out of San Diego or LA with alternating Hawaii trips.  This is currently the purview of HAL and having recently survived the Nieuw Amsterdam, will not darken their door again.  And they really do not explore the Sea of Cortez.  That area with Vikings service and small ship abilities would be new for most.  As long as they skip Cabo and Maz. 🍹

I would take this cruise in a second. Azamara used to do it but their ships are too small. Well, the staterooms on their ships are TOO small.

• Like 1

DrKoob, yes of course The Magpie in Whitby, but there is so much else to do too.  Logistics for a cruise ship would be too much as it’s only a little place.  I wasn’t really expecting it as a possibility.  

I too would love a Viking Mexican cruise, including a stop at Huatulco !

I would like "Islands of the Mediterranean" ,it can be  both Western and Eastern Med islands for one long cruise or two cruises.  

Bring back the Bermuda week long cruise but have it start and end in one port in USA. 

I will probably book a future Cruise  next week on board. Looking at the Greek Odyssey for Feb 2025. Half of the ports will be new ports for me and  half will be repeats.

I compared it to Azamara" Intensive Greek  cruise". Viking has more interesting ports ,IMO. 

• Like 3

I’d love a total Scandinavia major cities cruise. If possible include Finland, too (which isn’t technically Scandinavia). Trip:  Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm,  Copenhagen, Allborg and/ or Aarhus, Goteborg, Oslo and Bergen. I’d sign up!

• Like 3

Love the suggestions for the British Isles, Scandanavia and the islands of the Med. I was just going through all of the cruises Viking occurs and sorely wishing one of these was listed. 

I sent Viking an email asking them to do an Amazon cruise that is a round trip out of Florida or San Juan. Years ago I believe they had one out of San Juan. I’m don’t want to start or end in Manaus. 
Viking has multiple ways to do the Panama Canal, so maybe with them building more ships they can have different ways to do the Amazon. 
I would also like Viking to add the southern Caribbean islands. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Azulann said:

I would like "Islands of the Mediterranean" ,it can be  both Western and Eastern Med islands for one long cruise or two cruises.  

Exactly what we are hoping to do in 2025. In fact I will be looking specifically to do this with one of three lines I am following.  If it is offered I do hope that there is a 15 day option. 10 day itineraries are common and they aren’t quite long enough. As you suggested, maybe even B2B options. I won’t  hesitate for the right itinerary.