Breakfast room service menu?

cruisemom42

I've not been able to locate a recent menu for room service breakfast on O. The one I did find was from 2022 and showed only continental breakfast items. I generally only use this option if I have an early tour or day out, but I like having the option of something more than bread and cereals.

Here's the one I saw:

image.thumb.png.40931b42cb92e8fbb08f347694cdf842.png

4 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've not been able to locate a recent menu for room service breakfast on O. The one I did find was from 2022 and showed only continental breakfast items. I generally only use this option if I have an early tour or day out, but I like having the option of something more than bread and cereals.

Here's the one I saw:

image.thumb.png.40931b42cb92e8fbb08f347694cdf842.png

That appears to be a pre-Covid menu. All cabins can order hot breakfast now. There is a photo of the room service breakfast ordering card in "steamboats" excellent review:

https://www.cruisediary.de/vista-concierge-level-veranda-kabine-9040/

The review is for Vista, but the card is the same as on other ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

That appears to be a pre-Covid menu. All cabins can order hot breakfast now. There is a photo of the room service breakfast ordering card in "steamboats" excellent review:

I always thought that Oceania's previous policy of "cold breakfast for steerage" was... beneath a line of this caliber.  That restriction just didn't fit, in my mind, so I'm very glad to see it disappear.

(And note: this did not affect us personally, so it wasn't sour grapes.)

GC

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I always thought that Oceania's previous policy of "cold breakfast for steerage" was... beneath a line of this caliber.  That restriction just didn't fit, in my mind, so I'm very glad to see it disappear.

(And note: this did not affect us personally, so it wasn't sour grapes.)

GC

One of the things that drew me to O is that while there are some luxuries reserved for the higher paying or loyal guests, they are not "in your face" or paraded. Having grown up in places where you couldn't pick out  the wealthy or powerful people from their appearance and treatment of others, I like the ambience on O.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

One of the things that drew me to O is that while there are some luxuries reserved for the higher paying or loyal guests, they are not "in your face" or paraded. Having grown up in places where you couldn't pick out  the wealthy or powerful people from their appearance and treatment of others, I like the ambience on O.

If that is truly the case on O then I will like it as well. I grew up cruising in the early days of leisure cruises when the only "extra" that suite passengers got for their expensive tickets was extra space in their suite. No private dining room, no special lounge, no reserved seating at shows, etc. 

(And back in those days, suites were super expensive. Even regular cabins were not cheap -- if you do the math to figure out what those cabins would cost in today's $$$, it would surprise many.)

• 7 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 3:35 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Having grown up in places where you couldn't pick out  the wealthy or powerful people from their appearance and treatment of others

Are you from the South? I am and that was certainly true.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:50 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

I do not see a breakfast menu??  Why are your German words so long???  It must take a long time to write an email!!??

1 hour ago, zteamtwo said:

I do not see a breakfast menu??  

In-Room Dining

Evolving from traditional room service, Oceania’s culinary team has revitalized the in-room dining menu to include more options for each meal.

New appetizers include Plant-Based California Rolls, and Antipasti Plate, and Shrimp Cocktail. New soups and salads include Grilled Salmon Salad and Miso Ramen Soup.

A new burger menu brings an Alaskan Salmon Burger and an Impossible Burger to the in-room dining experience, while new entrées include a Petite Beef Filet, Thai Coconut Red Curry, a Hawaiian Poke Bowl, and a Mezze Platter.

As well, breakfast has been enhanced with an array of options include eggs prepared to one’s liking, omelets, avocado toast, pancakes, or French toast with things like bacon, sausage, and hash browns.

In-room dining remains complimentary to all passengers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, clo said:

Are you from the South? I am and that was certainly true.

No, Idaho, but while going to school in western NY I told my friend from Tennessee that after school I wanted to move to a place where I was the rudest person in town. At first he was confused, but then he understood. Nice (or at the very least, polite) people make life so much better!

• Thanks 1

If you are in Concierge or the suites the items are generally better. Overall compared to many "supposedly" premium lines we find O's room service menu pretty decent.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:10 PM, ORV said:

So why are you resurrecting a 7-month-old thread Beetlejuice? This seems really important. 

I for one am glad that it was resurrected.  Have not been on Oceania in a while and had thought about the breakfast menu recently, but had not had a chance to post.  Thank you for those that posted the new menus!

zteamtwo - Here is the English version of the review in German.  Very nice ship review!!!  Cl;ick ENGLISH at the top.

Edited by Iamthesea

Just a tip: if you want butter/margarine/jam/jelly with your toast or rolls, be sure to order it; if you want milk for your coffee, be sure to order it.  We were surprised the first time we ordered our room service breakfast and the 'condiments' didn't automatically accompany those items!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

Just a tip: if you want butter/margarine/jam/jelly with your toast or rolls, be sure to order it; if you want milk for your coffee, be sure to order it.  We were surprised the first time we ordered our room service breakfast and the 'condiments' didn't automatically accompany those items!

Not trying to compare but I was hospitalized recently and it was exactly the same. And I LOVED it! I hate waste. So yes ordered butter, salt, pepper, etc. And thanked them.