Filet Mignon in Luminae

shirazcruiser

7 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

This will be our first Celebrity post covid cruise.  Do they still serve filet mignon on Chic Night or do I have to go to Muranos to get one? 

This will be our first Celebrity post covid cruise.  Do they still serve filet mignon on Chic Night or do I have to go to Muranos to get one? 

If you are cruising in a suite, you can likely order a filet on chic night.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 39august said:

It may not be on Chic night, but definitly there is filet in Luminae. You can get a filet any night if you ask 24 hrs. in advance. 

Just now, SusieAV8R said:

If you are cruising in a suite, you can likely order a filet on chic night.

Concur with your comment 39august.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

It may not be on Chic night, but definitly there is filet in Luminae. You can get a filet any night if you ask 24 hrs. in advance. 

Really?   We’ve only sailed in suites and never knew that. I always thought it was on Chic night with the macaron chocolate cart. We’re on for 19 nights in Oct so DH will be very happy.  Thanks for the info. 

Edited by shirazcruiser

I’m a vegetarian, however on our last 2 week Infinity cruise in March our friends indulged in filets many nights in Luminae without prior notice. They were well pleased. They are always so accommodating in Luminae. Just tell them what you’d like and when. They have always gone overboard to please. 

• Thanks 1

According to the waiter on our last cruise, Luminae has two classes of filet.  You get the better one on the first night it’s the featured item, and the lesser one any other time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses!  We've sailed on almost 50 cruises and since 2015 with Celebrity in suites while dining in Luminae.  I learn something everyday from all of the wealth of knowledge from other cruise critic followers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

According to the waiter on our last cruise, Luminae has two classes of filet.  You get the better one on the first night it’s the featured item, and the lesser one any other time.

Our experience too. When my husband ordered one (24 hours before) we expected the good one but it wasn’t…

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

I’m a vegetarian, however on our last 2 week Infinity cruise in March our friends indulged in filets many nights in Luminae without prior notice. They were well pleased. They are always so accommodating in Luminae. Just tell them what you’d like and when. They have always gone overboard to please. 

Sunpsyche is absolutely correct.  I default to ordering filet when nothing on the Luminae menu tempts me, which can be often.  I have not noticed a difference in filets...they've all been great.  (We had cruised in suites & eaten in Luminae for a number of years with X before I learned that I could ask for filet any time....I was advised of that after I got food poisoning while on X.  LOL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DW normally orders steak in main dining room.  In Luminae she got filet almost every night.  Waiter got these for her instead of the always available steak in main dining.  We were on Equinox and the whole dining staff were incredible.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 8:08 PM, 39august said:

You can order it from the kids menu every night w/o 24 hr. notice on Beyond.