Skorts on the zipline?

The information on the zipline says no skirts or dresses, but my daughter just outgrew all her shorts and all of the decent length girls shorts sell out before May.  Does anyone know if they will let her ride the zipline in a skort?  (If you aren't familiar, skorts are skirts that have shorts built in underneath.) 

40 minutes ago, gluecksbaer said:

The information on the zipline says no skirts or dresses, but my daughter just outgrew all her shorts and all of the decent length girls shorts sell out before May.  Does anyone know if they will let her ride the zipline in a skort?  (If you aren't familiar, skorts are skirts that have shorts built in underneath.) 

You understand why this suggestion is made, right? For your daughter sake if anything, not because Royal has special demands.

However skorts are basically shorts with skirt fashion.

What answer are you expecting. Please use common logic.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Short are cheap...I'd suggest you buy a pair.  Why risk it?

Given that it's June, that would be this part: 

3 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

all of the decent length girls shorts sell out before May. 

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

You understand why this suggestion is made, right? For your daughter sake if anything, not because Royal has special demands.

However skorts are basically shorts with skirt fashion.

What answer are you expecting. Please use common logic.

I was hoping there are other parents with girls like mine that prefer skirts who can confirm whether shorts under skirts or skorts is sufficient or let me know if that was an issue when their daughter tried it.  I wasn't suggesting a problem with the rule as a whole, just trying to decide if I should pay $40 plus shipping for a pair of shorts my daughter might wear a few times on a zipline.

30 minutes ago, gluecksbaer said:

I was hoping there are other parents with girls like mine that prefer skirts who can confirm whether shorts under skirts or skorts is sufficient or let me know if that was an issue when their daughter tried it.  I wasn't suggesting a problem with the rule as a whole, just trying to decide if I should pay $40 plus shipping for a pair of shorts my daughter might wear a few times on a zipline.

Why do you need opinion of other people?

Skorts are shorts.

I googled zip lining clothing and this is what I found:

“Long shorts or light pants. Shorts should be long enough to go under the harness (mid-thigh and longer is best). Ladies: short shorts aren’t the best idea… (chafing).”

”…it is always better to wear long pants, leggings, or capris.”

Does your daughter have anything else other than a skort?

• Like 1

So you live someplace where summer clothes are sold out by May.  Thus, I will assume she has long pants of some sorts like jeans.  Hopefully you also have a pair of sneakers.  Or you can just stop in a store in Florida......we sell shorts all year. (and cheaper than $40.00

Edited by Joseph2018Baltic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beachfrog said:

I googled zip lining clothing and this is what I found:

“Long shorts or light pants. Shorts should be long enough to go under the harness (mid-thigh and longer is best). Ladies: short shorts aren’t the best idea… (chafing).”

”…it is always better to wear long pants, leggings, or capris.”

Does your daughter have anything else other than a skort?

The zipline on the Oasis class ships is less than a ten second ride.  While people are in the harness longer than that, especially if they do multiple rides, there isn't much time to chafe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

$6-10(tax & Shipping inc) Walmart or Amazon. Single Father I Raised 3 girls now with 4 Grand Daughters that's all I've done last 32yrs is Buy young Girl Clothes. This at least once a Month if now weekly

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 6

The OP’s question is odd. Obviously, if actually concerned about a skort being prohibited, stores like Target, Walmart, Amazon, etc have a multitude of inexpensive shorts and leggings that can be purchased in-store or shipped, depending on store and location.

Target currently has girls bike shorts for $5 in a variety of colors. They’re cotton/spandex with a 7.5-inch inseam (mid-to-lower thigh). I just bought several pairs online for my daughter and picked them up outside, without leaving my car. Or you could have them shipped and they’d get to you within a few days.

or, as OP already mentioned, skorts are skirts with shorts built in. Take away the skirt portion, and you still have shorts. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 1

I don’t know how old your daughter is but there are many on line  sources for girls clothing that don’t “sell out” by May.  I just bought DGD 5 pairs of bike shorts for $20 at The Children’s Place, sizes up to girls 16.  Go on line to Amazon or Walmart, pretty cheap.

• Like 1

Look at pictures of the zipline. The harness would be pulling up a skirt/dress when it is fastened correctly. If she is wearing a skort, the harness will pull up the front part of the skort (the extra fabric). If the front part of the skort can be pulled up so that the harness can fit correctly, she should be fine. 

It looks like a strap actually gets pulled up over each leg. A skort could inhibit this.

wonder-zip.jpg

Edited by marci22

27 minutes ago, marci22 said:

Look at pictures of the zipline. The harness would be pulling up a skirt/dress when it is fastened correctly. If she is wearing a skort, the harness will pull up the front part of the skort (the extra fabric). If the front part of the skort can be pulled up so that the harness can fit correctly, she should be fine. 

It looks like a strap actually gets pulled up over each leg. A skort could inhibit this.

wonder-zip.jpg

Thanks.  This was the kind of feedback that is helpful.

For those that suggested Target, Walmart, and Kohl's, I know the definition of "decent length" varies.  Mine is significantly longer than yours (except that I didn't consider bike shorts because we don't think of those as outwear).  Kohl's jumping beans brand are a decent length but she just outgrew their largest size, leaving us with Land's End uniform shorts still available in her size.  It looks like that's the route we'll need to go to fit the harness though.

• Like 1

If it’s only to ride the zip line, she’ll only need to wear them for 5-10 minutes then could change back to something you feel more appropriate.  She could put on shorts not long enough for all day, for the five minute ride, then change back immediately 🤷‍♀️.  

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Ok would these be long enough?  Children’s Place has them up to size 18 for about $10.

IMG_1835.png

Thanks, their uniform shorts apparently no longer show up when you just select "shorts" (at least not when I did this it morning or just now).  I had to look specifically under school uniforms and then shorts to find them. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 5:59 PM, gluecksbaer said:

Thanks.  This was the kind of feedback that is helpful.

For those that suggested Target, Walmart, and Kohl's, I know the definition of "decent length" varies.  Mine is significantly longer than yours (except that I didn't consider bike shorts because we don't think of those as outwear).  Kohl's jumping beans brand are a decent length but she just outgrew their largest size, leaving us with Land's End uniform shorts still available in her size.  It looks like that's the route we'll need to go to fit the harness though.

Hopefully the uniform shorts will work for her! Just wanted to say I understand where you are coming from as far as finding what I considered "decent length" and being able to wear them long enough to warrant buying them. Same for me as well when we were raising daughters. And now for my daughter raising her daughters! 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 3:17 PM, gluecksbaer said:

Skorts are OK as long as the skirt portion is not  long/flowy which  could tangled  up in her zip line landing.    If she is planning to ice skate on board (Not sure of your ship) she will need long pants. 

Have fun

M

15 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Skorts are OK as long as the skirt portion is not  long/flowy which  could tangled  up in her zip line landing.    If she is planning to ice skate on board (Not sure of your ship) she will need long pants. 

Have fun

M

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, poocher said:

For me the worst was when my daughter outgrew the children’s dept and had to move to “juniors”.  I called it 90210 (remember that show?) trash.  Absolutely nothing age appropriate.

I felt the same.  😢

• Like 1