Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

I'm going to have to disagree with the no drinks from the room for those that are in a suite that get the 6 bottle setup. There are no posted rules concerning it, but it comes as part of your fare, it's a perk for booking an upper suite. Since you have already paid for it there should be no problem with taking it out and about on the ship. Just my opinion, I'm sure others may not agree with it. But, if you request wine as part of your 6 bottles you can take it to dinner, and there is no corkage, just like any ship supplied wine or one you buy onboard. Probably not a dilemma I will have anytime soon. 

What you bring onboard with you is another kettle of fish, or bottle of rum altogether. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

We do get a bottle in our stateroom and don't drink it. So I was just agreeing with your assessment of it.

Whatever we do, we will enjoy the cruises.

😎🌊

I just looked up Cyclops. Kiona-the ones we have had were not good. Have not tried this one. Usually we like GSM wines.

15 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I just looked up Cyclops. Kiona-the ones we have had were not good. Have not tried this one. Usually we like GSM wines.

I think it’s labeled as a Cabernet Sauvignon. However, it’s strictly a private label, and since it’s a gift and not for sale, the labeling requirements are suspect. I believe there is cab in it, but not nearly enough to meet US label regs.But again, it’s not sold aboard ship, it’s merely a gift. Never look a gift horse in the mouth! 🤫. Just pass it on!

• Haha 1

I don't know about others but we've had good luck with trading it for something sparkling. It was actually pretty good, don't remember the name, but even if it's average a little orange juice and you have a morning mimosa. 

We've also got a white wine for it and made sangria, enough fruit and juice anything is tolerable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked with my travel agent about changing our existing booking made during the 20th Anniversary sale to Simply More.  While it would only cost $100pp more to do so, we would lose our $300pp OLife onboard credit AND our $300pp 20th Anniversary credit, a total loss of $1200 in credit. For us, with a desire to upgrade to/purchase the Prestige beverage package, it's definitely not worth it to switch.

• Like 3

Can anyone share a photo or link to O's current wine list?  My husband doesn't drink, and we'll be on our first 30-day cruise.  I'll generally have one (or rarely, two) glasses with dinner, period.  I'm debating with myself about picking up some wine in L.A. before embarking vs. purchasing bottles onboard - which is what I usually do.

1 minute ago, YoPhilly said:

Can anyone share a photo or link to O's current wine list?  My husband doesn't drink, and we'll be on our first 30-day cruise.  I'll generally have one (or rarely, two) glasses with dinner, period.  I'm debating with myself about picking up some wine in L.A. before embarking vs. purchasing bottles onboard - which is what I usually do.

the list for bottles of will change   depending the  sailing

The by the glass is probably the same as  the  ones in the post from Jan

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/

I would just pick up some that you like  if  you can

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the list for bottles of will change   depending the  sailing

The by the glass is probably the same as  the  ones in the post from Jan

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2904150-riviera-new-bar-drinks-menus-and-prices/

I would just pick up some that you like  if  you can

I definitely would buy nice wines before boarding the ship.  You'll probably enjoy yours better than what they offer. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I definitely would buy nice wines before boarding the ship.  You'll probably enjoy yours better than what they offer. 

in the past  we  had a nice OBC to use  & found some wines   that we enjoyed on the ship

I am not an expert wine drinker but do know what I like

YMMV

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 1:46 PM, susiesan said:

Azamara pricing includes gratuities, self service laundry, wine and beer with meals. You don't have to pay for shore ex you don't want to use or an upgraded beverage package that has the spirits on it. Azamara does not include dining in the specialty restaurants. You can buy the extras if you want. Their prices are comparable to oceania's prices now for cruise only. before I booked a Croatia intensive cruise for Sept. 24, I looked at O's version of the same cruise. AZ came out ahead plus I get a $500 rebate check after the cruise. Also, AZ has not shortened port times like O has done on all of their itineraries.

Having sailed the South Africa intensive itinerary earlier this year w/ Azamara, I can confirm that their included basic beverage package offers wine, beer, and select spirits throughout the voyage, not just at mealtimes.  So if you're one to enjoy a martini before dinner, for example, or a cocktail during the evening show, they're included!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mdeegooden said:

Having sailed the South Africa intensive itinerary earlier this year w/ Azamara, I can confirm that their included basic beverage package offers wine, beer, and select spirits throughout the voyage, not just at mealtimes.  So if you're one to enjoy a martini before dinner, for example, or a cocktail during the evening show, they're included!

Sure - but then you have to eat Azamara’s food.

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2023 at 8:27 PM, mdeegooden said:

What does Azmara's wine list have to do with Oceania? Cross referencing with other cruiseines give us misinformation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2023 at 9:07 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

The CYA statement says only 6. But the reality is you can bring as much as you can carry on segment cruises. 

I understand the CYA clause and the ‘in reality’ practice.

My question is simply regarding the number 6.

I have just read the FAQs, and it says 3 bottles per stateroom.

Is this a change or old information ?

As mentioned, I do understand the difference between FAQ info, and what is currently permitted to happen in practice.

Just now, Tranquility Base said:

I understand the CYA clause and the ‘in reality’ practice.

My question is simply regarding the number 6.

I have just read the FAQs, and it says 3 bottles per stateroom.

Is this a change or old information ?

As mentioned, I do understand the difference between FAQ info, and what is currently permitted to happen in practice.

Whatever the FAQs say regarding the number of bottles (then or now) is irrelevant.

O gets $25 per personal bottle (or it’s contents) used outside your cabin.

50 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thank you, I fully understand the corkage rules.

As I mentioned I was simply wondering if the cya statement in the FAQ had a change from 6 to 3, or is it old information ?

I believe the 3 bottles is old info  it has been 6 for quite a while now

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006547473-Can-I-purchase-bottles-of-wine-at-ports-of-call-and-bring-them-on-board-

On 6/16/2023 at 11:38 AM, Sthrngary said:

Is this being done for the client.  Indirectly but it will cost all more money.  Does the brand focus on profit and increasing it.  That is what make the world go around.  If we don't like it, we choose another brand.  For those that consider this brand in the future, they will do is on a price/value formula.  Is it right or wrong, depends on who is making comments.  The brand will survive with or with out some of us.  On the reference to the car dealerships.  That is a business I know very well, it has changed for the better in the last 15 years. I just had to say that.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

For some of us this is a better bargain. We do enjoy Oceania excursions and feel more comfortable in many countries with them. Yes they are expensive so these credits will offset those costs. We aren’t big drinkers and have wine or beer with our dinners and maybe lunch. We never bought a liquor package and now we will not incur those added expenses. We just booked a Vista cruise in a C4 balcony for less than our last Princes cruise 18 years ago. Granted it was a 4 category upgrade sale but a bargain no less!  We only sail Oceania now after 20 years of the other lines I don’t see us going back to them. Enjoy your cruises!

Susan

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ella Bella said:

For some of us this is a better bargain. We do enjoy Oceania excursions and feel more comfortable in many countries with them. Yes they are expensive so these credits will offset those costs. We aren’t big drinkers and have wine or beer with our dinners and maybe lunch. We never bought a liquor package and now we will not incur those added expenses. We just booked a Vista cruise in a C4 balcony for less than our last Princes cruise 18 years ago. Granted it was a 4 category upgrade sale but a bargain no less!  We only sail Oceania now after 20 years of the other lines I don’t see us going back to them. Enjoy your cruises!

Susan

@Ella Bella Susan, thank you so much for replying to a post I did in June.  The essence of what I was saying is I like the freedom of having choices.  If I were to go let's say Viking or Regent Seven Seas, the excursions would be included.  For me those would be a waste.  So Oceania I can book an Excursion or do it all on my own.  I can upgrade my drink program or keep it at Wine and Beer.  

I have traveled the world for business extensively in my 45 year career.  I am on a cruise with our best friends that are on a Very Tight Budget.  So I did all the work, figured out the transpiration and how to do it efficiently.  I also have WAY to much time on my hands.  My point.  I LOVE Oceania gives you the ability to book excursions and me the ability to create them on my own.  That is the flexibility I am looking for.  Added benefit, my guest and my wife and I can visit the ports together and they can afford it.  

19 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@Ella Bella Susan, thank you so much for replying to a post I did in June.  The essence of what I was saying is I like the freedom of having choices.  If I were to go let's say Viking or Regent Seven Seas, the excursions would be included.  For me those would be a waste.  So Oceania I can book an Excursion or do it all on my own.  I can upgrade my drink program or keep it at Wine and Beer.  

I have traveled the world for business extensively in my 45 year career.  I am on a cruise with our best friends that are on a Very Tight Budget.  So I did all the work, figured out the transpiration and how to do it efficiently.  I also have WAY to much time on my hands.  My point.  I LOVE Oceania gives you the ability to book excursions and me the ability to create them on my own.  That is the flexibility I am looking for.  Added benefit, my guest and my wife and I can visit the ports together and they can afford it.  

Gary-  Are you referring to the flexibility that OLife's cruise only provided, letting the pax decide whether or not to use Oceania's excursions?  I ask because with SimplyMore, the fare includes an amount of SBC that can only be used for excursions, so it's use it or lose it. In that way Oceania does include a certain number of excursions and that cost is built into the cruise fare, not so different from Viking or Regent.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1