Once and done with Norwegian. Ugh.

bobkat11

18 hours ago, LloydJr said:

Next time on NCL, I'm ordering one of those "MonkeyA$$RumPunches."

NCL does actually have a craft cocktail on tap at the local called "monkey business," which is pretty damn good: flor de caña four year rum, screwball peanut butter whiskey, banana, fresh lime, cane sugar, club soda. they serve it with a dried banana chip garnish.

not sure if it's available elsewhere on the ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Very interesting to me that you would consider that to be whining instead of someone stating an opinion. And then to take the time to call it out and attribute it to similar behavior on the NCL boards. Strange to me 

Obviously the definition of whining is necessarily subjective. But I think claiming a cruise line is sending their worst ships to your country as direct retribution for your personal dissatisfaction would qualify in most people's books. Actually, I'd elevate that into the paranoid, tinfoil hat category.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

NCL does actually have a craft cocktail on tap at the local called "monkey business," which is pretty damn good: flor de caña four year rum, screwball peanut butter whiskey, banana, fresh lime, cane sugar, club soda. they serve it with a dried banana chip garnish.

They have this at the majority of bars on the ship and I can back you up, it is pretty tasty! 

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

That sounds interesting.  I don't know if it would be a staple on the cocktails I'd drink, but I'd try it....ONCE!

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

Obviously the definition of whining is necessarily subjective. But I think claiming a cruise line is sending their worst ships to your country as direct retribution for your personal dissatisfaction would qualify in most people's books. Actually, I'd elevate that into the paranoid, tinfoil hat category.

Here's the thread.  It's also an "interesting" read....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

We don't get as far as getting on a RCI ship sine return.

We stop after pricing up, there are some good deals on the likes of TAs but nothing out of Southampton gets close to our tolerance of over priced.

Celebrity is also also over priced most of the time.

Princess has gone the same.

The issue is with the falling nice prices the add-on packages are expensive.

NCL free at sea is a bargain added to a cheap cruise, you do still have service which most others now include.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I like the part about how RCCI is 'punishing' the European market: "Im convinced that underperforming ships are now sent to Southampton and other Euro ports as punishment for bad customer reviews."

Sounds like 'If you don't eat and like your vegetables, then all you're going to get to eat is more vegetables'.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I like the part about how RCCI is 'punishing' the European market: "Im convinced that underperforming ships are now sent to Southampton and other Euro ports as punishment for bad customer reviews."

Sounds like 'If you don't eat and like your vegetables, then all you're going to get to eat is more vegetables'.

Maybe underperforming passengers get underperforming ships 🤣

I wonder if the current UK customer base for RCI is still return to cruising ex fans.

School holidays could be nightmare.

Last 2 winters and last summer MSC nailed the UK market as people came back and started holidays without flying loads of new to cruising passengers.

New ship, decent price on drinks package, included service charges in base fare.

Adjustments to the product like prices in £ no service charges for PAYG purchases, kettles, add some UK food to MDR menus and buffet, good curry.

Free kids and great solo rates.

NCL UK reputation is still not great and while around UK waters they could do more to attract UK passengers, prices are good when you get to grips with it some discount are hidden in things like air credits.

Seems NCL are trying 50% off free at sea again through travel agents not available on line

On 6/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, insidecabin said:

Some of us go back as far as usenet news.

As stated, some of us go back further.  Arpanet for me.  

But usenet was really the first timesink "social media" for me.  Remembering the alt.* groups 😉 

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

As stated, some of us go back further.  Arpanet for me.  

But usenet was really the first timesink "social media" for me.  Remembering the alt.* groups 😉 

Yes, and there was an active cruise group until the trolls took over. 😒

11 hours ago, UKstages said:

That sounds absolutely amazing! I've got to try it out next time on a ship....whenever that is *sigh*

On 6/24/2023 at 10:38 AM, graphicguy said:

Good Lord, it's no wonder that I'm careful about who "I get to know" while travelling.  Imagine spending even half an hour with a person who writes a rant like this ... suitable perhaps for the personal scrapbook, not public consumption.  Why would anyone like this ever set foot out of their house???

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Good Lord, it's no wonder that I'm careful about who "I get to know" while travelling.  Imagine spending even half an hour with a person who writes a rant like this ... suitable perhaps for the personal scrapbook, not public consumption.  Why would anyone like this ever set foot out of their house???

Now I have to read it...who can look away from a train wreck? Thanks for helping me waste more time while working. 🙂

• Haha 3

Funny enough, I have been on Anthem - it was my worst cruise ever, mostly because of my son getting sick and it being overcrowded for Spring break, but still a lot of fun.  In some ways, Anthem would be a better ship for a cold weather itinerary, because of the Solarium and the 270 area - lots of indoor spaces.

Hopefully the bad reviews for cold weather itineraries will be taken seriously by NCL.  Royal doesn't send Oasis class ships to cold weather destinations which makes sense with the bulk of open space outdoors.  They have plenty of ships.  Keep Prima class ships in warmer weather.   

24 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Hopefully the bad reviews for cold weather itineraries will be taken seriously by NCL.  Royal doesn't send Oasis class ships to cold weather destinations which makes sense with the bulk of open space outdoors.  They have plenty of ships.  Keep Prima class ships in warmer weather.   

I could be wrong but I feel like the Leonardo class ships were touted as so environmentally friendly to allow them to visit Nordic destinations that previously wouldn't allow the big ships. 

15 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I could be wrong but I feel like the Leonardo class ships were touted as so environmentally friendly to allow them to visit Nordic destinations that previously wouldn't allow the big ships. 

Not sure but Royal sends the Anthem of the Seas to Norway ports and that class is around the same size as the Breakaway+ class.  

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 8:53 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

That's fine but, as I mentioned, I found a reasonable work around.  The first time I asked, the waiter quickly and confidently proclaimed "RIBEYE!"  That's what I ordered and it was absolutely delicious.  Another time he recommended a filet, and it was not bad, but not something that creates memories. 🤣 (i.e. I don't remember it being either great or not great - it was just a steak).