How to book transfer to airport upon disembarkation?

TER777

1 hour ago, Critically Cruising said:

Celestyal?  Carnival?  Costa?

😃

He, he! Good humour, congrats!... More seriously, perhaps Cunard, once Crystal is set to see if it is a definite go along or fail. Crystal might have have a great reputation and great services... But if they don't receive new ships in due time, they'll to easily become another crazy one in a not so long run...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

Life's too short.

Plenty of car service operators 😁

They operate almost all on the same way. An hour wait, pick or go. Pro tip? When you book, owe yourself a good half an hour from your landing time to service start. If all would be great with luggage, help yourself with a coffee in one of airport coffee stands, if not, you won't wait too much.

• Like 2

Just now, Nunagoras said:

They operate almost all on the same way. An hour wait, pick or go. Pro tip? When you book, owe yourself a good half an hour from your landing time to service start. If all would be great with luggage, help yourself with a coffee in one of airport coffee stands, if not, you won't wait too much.

That's what the driver suggested to do in future.

I like a driver to be standing there with a name board waiting for me.

At some busy airports it might be just as easy to take a taxi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 3:47 AM, florisdekort said:

Download the Blacklane app and pre-book your private transfer (black car service) almost anywhere in the world. We’ve used it 100+ times, on 6 continents, without any issues. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Will EJ offer transport from Manhatten cruise terminal to JFK airport on departure 

I am sure they will offer it at a price. Better to set up on your own with one of the NY limo firms

9 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Will EJ offer transport from Manhatten cruise terminal to JFK airport on departure 

Yes they will - we received advice of the options in a letter tonight - needless to say they are what I would consider eye wateringly expensive - but they are on offer across a range of dedicated and shared options 

We will be arranging our own transfers to the airport from the ship when we disembark 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stickman1990 said:

Yes they will - we received advice of the options in a letter tonight - needless to say they are what I would consider eye wateringly expensive - but they are on offer across a range of dedicated and shared options 

We will be arranging our own transfers to the airport from the ship when we disembark 

Excellent thanks so much. Much appreciated 

Safe travels 

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I suspect Lyft or Uber will becan option so long as the port allows for them 

I had one question about the raw bar. Many years ago on Crystal I fondly remember coming into lunch with cold lobster medallions served. Is lobster an item on the evening raw bar.

I only know about this raw bar from posts here on CC

Thanks and have a spectacular time 

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Is lobster an item on the evening raw bar.

Dined in Emporium last night 

Oysters from France 

Green lipped mussels from New Zealand

Lobster tails and Crab claws - not sure of their origin - but very nice 

The tails and shrimps, along with a number of other seafood options are cooked to order at a station next to the raw bar 

IMG_4219.thumb.jpeg.218c95130bbc870718f7fd7dd00929ee.jpeg

IMG_4220.thumb.jpeg.526f283c0339ea002223dfea6105aa06.jpeg

and I decided to top up….

IMG_4221.thumb.jpeg.de7f443defd66379e1dab3af29649063.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How long do you have to stand around waiting for items to be cooked to order in the Emporium at night?  Or do you get a little "flag" and the server brings it to you?

Im not good at standing around when I am tired.  I would like to eat there but maybe will have to stay in "served places" only

1 hour ago, uktog said:

How long do you have to stand around waiting for items to be cooked to order in the Emporium at night?  

The wait is very short - while you order what you want and they cook to order I think at the peak times they’re constantly throwing those tails and shrimps on the grill so they have some ready for those ordering. If you ordered a fillet of say salmon that would be cooked to order but the wait would be what I’d describe as minimal (you could also go to another station for say raw bar or salad items)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Here's the letter we received re transfers in NYC

By way of comparison an Uber Black to JFK is coming in at US$185

I can’t believe the prices for the transfer to NYC hotels!  

IMG_4239.thumb.jpeg.00ed07ac1427bf8c87e8cea8e741230c.jpeg

IMG_4240.thumb.jpeg.c500d135ce3aa99202fa3e656f340522.jpeg

9 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

34 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Here's the letter we received re transfers in NYC

By way of comparison an Uber Black to JFK is coming in at US$185

I can’t believe the prices for the transfer to NYC hotels!  

IMG_4239.thumb.jpeg.00ed07ac1427bf8c87e8cea8e741230c.jpeg

IMG_4240.thumb.jpeg.c500d135ce3aa99202fa3e656f340522.jpeg

Thank you for you excellent posts!

As someone who goes to NYC a few times a year, I find these rates extortionate and frankly ridiculous.

Why you wouldn't simply take a taxi or Uber to a hotel that is likely 10 blocks away is beyond me.

For airport transfers, I have used Carmel for decades - they are extremely reliable and reasonable.

The rates below don't include tolls and tips.

https://www.carmellimo.com/General/Rates.shtml

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two more things to note on that NYC transfer letter:  The luggage allowance is so low.  And twice confirmed with the shorex desk.  Shared bus transfer - one suitcase.  Private executive sedan - two suitcase for two people.  Private luxury - three suitcases.

Also, the transfers are only available if you have a flight roughly FIVE hours after the last disembarkation time from the ship.  What the....??  Nobody shared that information before the letter went out.

Toss in that the shorex desk didn't know (or wouldn't tell you) the pricing for the transfers until they sent out the letter.  And that they gave two different locations for the ship arrival terminal when asked.

Wow.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 1:22 AM, Waltershipman said:

I suspect Lyft or Uber will becan option so long as the port allows for them 

I had one question about the raw bar. Many years ago on Crystal I fondly remember coming into lunch with cold lobster medallions served. Is lobster an item on the evening raw bar.

I only know about this raw bar from posts here on CC

Thanks and have a spectacular time 

In NYC (where we visit on a very regular basis), Uber is quite common.  That being said, debarking in the morning will likely have folks in the latter part of rush hour.  Uber uses "surge pricing"  In fact, looking at Uber at this minute (afternoon rush hour) it costs about $107 from the cruise terminal to JFK.  The Manhattan cruise terminal does allow anyone (including Uber) to drive up to the terminal, but it can be very crowded/congested if there are 1 or more ships.  In the past, DW and I have sometimes walked a few blocks from the terminal (rolling our luggage) before summoning an Uber.

Hank

5 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

In NYC (where we visit on a very regular basis), Uber is quite common.  That being said, debarking in the morning will likely have folks in the latter part of rush hour.  Uber uses "surge pricing"  In fact, looking at Uber at this minute (afternoon rush hour) it costs about $107 from the cruise terminal to JFK.  The Manhattan cruise terminal does allow anyone (including Uber) to drive up to the terminal, but it can be very crowded/congested if there are 1 or more ships.  In the past, DW and I have sometimes walked a few blocks from the terminal (rolling our luggage) before summoning an Uber.

Hank

Ahhh thanks Hank we can discuss it more on board sounds good

We wound up changing our flight from the 13th to the 12th given our new 9 night rather than 10 night cruise and making rhe most of the situation as it is our 47th wedding anniversary trip 

8 minutes ago, Waltershipman said:

Ahhh thanks Hank we can discuss it more on board sounds good

We wound up changing our flight from the 13th to the 12th given our new 9 night rather than 10 night cruise and making rhe most of the situation as it is our 47th wedding anniversary trip 

Kind of sad.  As of this minute, we still have not received any kind of communication from either EJ or our cruise agency.  No reason for us to be assertive on this issue, and we are curious as to when EJ will notify us of any change, and our real options.  Given the way this company operates, we wonder if we will be told more than 1 day in advance.

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of those who will cruise on EJ are likely not active here on CC (or even on Facebook).  We assume most, like us, have not received any kind of official notification.  Heck of a way to run a cruise line.

Hank

• Thanks 2