Diamond drink allotment use in specialty restaurants?

18 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Thanks for the lightning speed replied, knew I could count on the good folks here!

Vouchers are anytime anywhere. They can even be used on private islands like coco cay. (Unlike some competitors).

Well ok not the bionic bar. A machine cant process a voucher. Anyplace there is a human bartender.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

hi All!  I have not cruised RCC for a while - switched over to Celebrity but taking the kids next year.  So, are the 4 coupons in addition to the Diamond Club cocktail hour in the lounge or in replacement of?  Thanks in advance for your answers! :)

17 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

hi All!  I have not cruised RCC for a while - switched over to Celebrity but taking the kids next year.  So, are the 4 coupons in addition to the Diamond Club cocktail hour in the lounge or in replacement of?  Thanks in advance for your answers! :)

There's still a happy  hour in the lounge but you must use the  vouchers for your drinks 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

There's still a happy  hour in the lounge but you must use the  vouchers for your drinks 

yeah - That's what I figured!  On Celebrity they preload them on your card, but you can still get drinks not with a voucher at the happy hour. Guess this is why I like Celebrity - among a million other things but this will be a family cruise.  Royal seemed more the majorities speed.  Thanks for the answer!

21 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

What I remember from  before there was a actual bar and people rushed and pushed to order.

There is no actual bar I've seen in the current diamond lounges, but there is someone taking drink orders, just doesnt have to be within happy hour hours. 4 pm ifmim sittingmthere he will ask if I want a drink. The food just isnt set out until 5 pm.

5 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

yeah - That's what I figured!  On Celebrity they preload them on your card, but you can still get drinks not with a voucher at the happy hour. Guess this is why I like Celebrity - among a million other things but this will be a family cruise.  Royal seemed more the majorities speed.  Thanks for the answer!

I love the vouchers for anything anytime. I'm not a big drinker and being able to order something in the spa or a fresh squeezed oj or a speciality coffee for me is better than any happy hour. 

Let the spa mix up a health drink or pick up vitamin water. .. rcl wins for me huge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What I remember from  before there was a actual bar and people rushed and pushed to order.

There is no actual bar I've seen in the current diamond lounges, but there is someone taking drink orders, just doesnt have to be within happy hour hours. 4 pm ifmim sittingmthere he will ask if I want a drink. The food just isnt set out until 5 pm.

So they still do snacks - that's nice.  Not sure they will on our 5 night Bermuda cruise.  Celebrity stopped doing it on their 4 night.

3 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

So they still do snacks - that's nice.  Not sure they will on our 5 night Bermuda cruise.  Celebrity stopped doing it on their 4 night.

They have a continental breakfast and a coffee machine in the morning. At night the size of the spread depends a bit on the ship. Radiance had a smaller spread than oasis. Oasis had hot bins and more choices. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I didn't think Celebrity had the concept of drink vouchers, which is what made RC unique.

Oh they do!  They also have better pay restaurants, cushions on every pool lounger, and a lot of other tiny things I like better.  But, it's an older crowd and not many kids and no play things like Rock Climbing or Flowriders. That's why Royal was the win for our family cruise.

I was Diamond before I sailed with Celebrity. When I booked my first one I called Celebrity loyalty program and boarded the ship as Elite. It works both ways.  If one had only cruised Celebrity and booked a Royal they can call and get equivalent status on Royal.  Which is very nice!

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I didn't think Celebrity had the concept of drink vouchers, which is what made RC unique.

33 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

Celebrity does not utilize a “loyalty drink voucher” system like Royal does, they just have the traditional evening happy hour.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

hi All!  I have not cruised RCC for a while - switched over to Celebrity but taking the kids next year.  So, are the 4 coupons in addition to the Diamond Club cocktail hour in the lounge or in replacement of?  Thanks in advance for your answers! 🙂

If you are Diamond, Diiamond plus, or Pinnacle, you will be Elite on Celebrity. You can go onto the Celebrity website and see their Elite benefits. They are different from Royal Caribbean. You will need to contact Celebrity to set up a captains club account.  
m

36 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

22 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

Oh they do!  They also have better pay restaurants, cushions on every pool lounger, and a lot of other tiny things I like better.  But, it's an older crowd and not many kids and no play things like Rock Climbing or Flowriders. That's why Royal was the win for our family cruise.

I was Diamond before I sailed with Celebrity. When I booked my first one I called Celebrity loyalty program and boarded the ship as Elite. It works both ways.  If one had only cruised Celebrity and booked a Royal they can call and get equivalent status on Royal.  Which is very nice!

But there is a limited time frame to use the vouchers and Happy Hour isn’t every night on Celebrity. 

Royal vouchers can be used at any bar all day long. 

I like Celebrity but there are pros and cons just like with everything. The systems are DIFFERENT. Perks are different. Ship facilities are different and on both cruiselines that is very  dependent in age and class of ship.

Vouchers are a very small part of a much bigger picture. Dining is always subjective and I don’t recall ever noticing cushions, obviously not on every class.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Celebrity does not utilize a “loyalty drink voucher” system like Royal does, they just have the traditional evening happy hour.  

Not the case on my cruise in January! Maybe because of status, not sure!

Edited by SPF 350Z

28 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

1 minute ago, SPF 350Z said:

It's my understanding that Celebrity happy hour allows unlimited select drinks at any bar during the happy hour timeframe.  I don't know if they are "vouchers" or just based on happy hour access privileges (Elite and above).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

It's my understanding that Celebrity happy hour allows unlimited select drinks at any bar during the happy hour timeframe.  I don't know if they are "vouchers" or just based on happy hour access privileges (Elite and above).

+1

You certainly can go to any bar and there used to be three vouchers but like many places this gets “stretched” but it is only for the limited Happy Hour which is shorter than Royal and not every night

Edited by c-leg5

41 minutes ago, SPF 350Z said:

Perhaps you had an inclusive fare booked.

Celebrity does not give their own Elite members "anytime drink vouchers" they certainly aren't honoring Royal C&A loyalty vouchers.

Celebrity loads Captain's Club vouchers on your card that can be used at any bar on Happy Hour evenings only, perhaps those were the vouchers you used.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

There is no charge for soda or anything else from room service, you were being charged a delivery fee... 

I ordered a sandwich and Coke.  My folio read:  Stateroom Service $13.51

My understanding was the delivery fee is $7.95.

Can you explain the difference?