O'Sheehan's - closing time for main menu?

So O'Sheehan's was only serving a few unappetising sandwiches at 3.30am this morning. They said normal menu finishes at 3am. 

I thought I was able to get a burger later than that on previous cruises, no? Maybe I've made it by 3 am. 

The Norwegian app shows an 'all day menu' and a 'late night menu'. But no closing times. But says "pub grub 24/7".

The daily from my March cruise on the Escape lists 'Dinner' for O'Sheehan's to be until 9:30.  Not sure what it means for after that but it was still listed under the 24/7 section as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallux said:

The daily from my March cruise on the Escape lists 'Dinner' for O'Sheehan's to be until 9:30.  Not sure what it means for after that but it was still listed under the 24/7 section as well.

I think drinks are available 24 hours.  But, you can order something from the room service menu.  Have to look, but I think burgers were available.

i've eaten at o'sheehan's and the local at 3, 4, 5 in the morning and have always been able to get a burger. the limited "late night" menu goes into effect at 11 or midnight. 11:00, i think. the "normal" lunch and dinner menu isn't available late at night, only the one page "late night" menu.

from memory, it includes a cheeseburger, reuben, chicken wings, caesar salad, fish and chips, chili, pretzel bites and brownie cheesecake and carrot cake. there might be a few other items. but those should all be available overnight.

it's between 5 and 6 am that gets a little iffy... some times they close, as they switch over to the breakfast menu, sometimes they stay open with an even more limited selection, sometimes they will only bring your breakfast.

YMMV.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

i've eaten at o'sheehan's and the local at 3, 4, 5 in the morning and have always been able to get a burger. the limited "late night" menu goes into effect at 11 or midnight. 11:00, i think. the "normal" lunch and dinner menu isn't available late at night, only the one page "late night" menu.

from memory, it includes a cheeseburger, reuben, chicken wings, caesar salad, fish and chips, chili, pretzel bites and brownie cheesecake and carrot cake. there might be a few other items. but those should all be available overnight.

it's between 5 and 6 am that gets a little iffy... some times they close, as they switch over to the breakfast menu, sometimes they stay open with an even more limited selection, sometimes they will only bring your breakfast.

YMMV.

There's also the chicken salad sandwich and hot dog.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

YMMV.

and you can also get chips to go with the chili.  my goto is a burger with chili and bacon and I have them put corned beef on it.  I've only had one server who insisted I couldn't get the corned beef added, so I had to also order a reuben, then pull the beef off and put it on my burger

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

YMMV.

That's my memory too. But at 3.30/4 last night nothing like a burger to be had.

23 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

do you know if they offer it on a croissant? 

another vote for the chicken salad sandwich! it's quite good. i hadn't tried it till my most recent cruise a few weeks ago. i'll be ordering it again. if you ask, they can also put the chicken salad on top of a caesar salad.

as for the bread, mine was on a tasty multigrain bread. if they have a croissant, i'm sure you could get it on a croissant. they do have a pretty bad breakfast sandwich that is served on a croissant. but a lot of times, these restaurants are provisioned for a particular meal service and just because they have croissants in the kitchen for breakfast doesn't mean they will have them at other times of the day.

• Like 3

On my recent trip on the Norwegian Star, I seem to recall that there was food (of some sort) available 24 hours a day, but the bar itself was closed for a few hours in the middle of the night. I assume that was designed to reduce the number of late night drunken ramblers? I think there was another bar open somewhere on the ship during those hours, but unfortunately I didn't think to keep one of the daily newsletters to check. 

@UKstages, we love the idea of asking for a scoop of Chicken Salad with your Caesar! 

Since it's sometimes hard to decide,  my DH and I usually split a Reuben and a Chicken Salad sandwich.   I think he's going to be asking for the Caesar with Chicken Salad too😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

another vote for the chicken salad sandwich! it's quite good. i hadn't tried it till my most recent cruise a few weeks ago. i'll be ordering it again. if you ask, they can also put the chicken salad on top of a caesar salad.

as for the bread, mine was on a tasty multigrain bread. if they have a croissant, i'm sure you could get it on a croissant. they do have a pretty bad breakfast sandwich that is served on a croissant. but a lot of times, these restaurants are provisioned for a particular meal service and just because they have croissants in the kitchen for breakfast doesn't mean they will have them at other times of the day.

I have to agree. That breakfast sandwich was the worst thing I ate (or couldn’t eat ) on the entire cruise. 

Edited by Mommapadraig

35 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Drunk Husband?
Deadhead?
Deer Hunter?
Domestic Helper
Dung Heap
Damn Husband
Dumb Husband
Developmental Headache
Oh! I know! Dirty Harry!!!

So clever of you....I bet you could find dozens more if you try😉

It's actually my very dear husband I'm referring to.  

Since you are relatively new to CruiseCritic, you might want to check out this link:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, omahabob said:

Drunk Husband?
Deadhead?
Deer Hunter?
Domestic Helper
Dung Heap
Damn Husband
Dumb Husband
Developmental Headache
Oh! I know! Dirty Harry!!!

I see you are new here...Or is this a joke? Either way, DH = Dear Husband 😊

It seems like almost as much work to type DH (with the shift key) as to type hubby, so I've never quite understood why people bother with those abbreviations. 

I did not know about the chicken salad at O'Sheehans! I will be sure to check it out on my next cruise. So far my favorite food there is the fish & chips. 😋

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAllie said:

On my recent trip on the Norwegian Star, I seem to recall that there was food (of some sort) available 24 hours a day, but the bar itself was closed for a few hours in the middle of the night. I assume that was designed to reduce the number of late night drunken ramblers? I think there was another bar open somewhere on the ship during those hours, but unfortunately I didn't think to keep one of the daily newsletters to check. 

I experienced this also (in 2018), no beer in the middle of the night (around 2 o'clock) and no other bar was open.

15 minutes ago, JustAllie said:

...I did not know about the chicken salad at O'Sheehans! I will be sure to check it out on my next cruise. So far my favorite food there is the fish & chips. 

That was my go-to favorite. And though the quality apparently varies, both my wife and I loved their burgers on the Getaway.