Pinnacle perks?

Do Pinnacles still get 3 bottles  of wine of their choice  in cabin?  Do P's still get breakfast in a specialty restaurant?  I understand that P's no longer get to access the Suite lounge, except on a limited basis, depending on how many P's are on board. And even so have pay for drinks with drink vouchers. Meal with officer?

7 minutes ago, 39august said:

Do Pinnacles still get 3 bottles  of wine of their choice  in cabin?  Do P's still get breakfast in a specialty restaurant?  I understand that P's no longer get to access the Suite lounge, except on a limited basis, depending on how many P's are on board. And even so have pay for drinks with drink vouchers. Meal with officer?

On a week cruise we get 3 gifts of our choice.  I always pick champagne.  Upon arrival the only welcome stuff you get anymore is water and we also got chocolate covered strawberries on Freedom last weekend.   Depending on the ship, you can get into the CL, we did on Freedom.  Not sure about Breakfast as we always eat in the WJ.  

Edited by karena1

36 minutes ago, 39august said:

We've only been on one cruise where we've not been allowed into the SL.  But to make up for it, they made a specific area for Pin's to have their own specific happy hour- food and drinks all there.  There were a lot of Pins on that cruise.  And I never recall them counting them.

But I would put the trend the opposite- Pins have access to the SL unless there are too many Pins, and then they are given an alternate.

As for meal with officer- so far it's just a cheers with officers, and then a meal.  Not sure when they will have the officers spend the lunch with the Pins- but many of the officers say  they want to be allowed to have lunch.

• Like 1

On Navigator this week there were 14 Pinnacles so we had access to SL.

Expect using your 6 CAS drinks everywhere including in the SL. YMMV.

Breakfast in Chops this cruise.

Cheers with an officer was on day 6 but this is a less frequent 7 night Navigator cruise.

image.thumb.jpeg.590f68f0e596a720fa4b431d6a62368d.jpeg

26 minutes ago, twangster said:

As far as wine, I had 5 bottles in my cabin, but one was a special gift from an officer.

Between 6 daily drinks and 5 bottles of wine I was good for the cruise.

We bring our wine to dinner, even when it's included....  And never run out of drinks.

We are some of those super cheap Pinnacles that supposedly are going to ruin RCI, since we barely spend any money on board anymore.  Nice getting old and your alcohol tolerance wanes a little.  Generally have enough to finish the evening off getting a few bottles of water for our cabin.

• Like 1

Pinnacles ( and D+ 525 ) still get three gifts ( from the same list) to pre select. They need not be wine and sometimes are delivered during the week, rather than all three delivered on embarkation day. 

The meal ( not with an officer) and top tier info will be delivered to the cabin. There is lovely luncheon, sometimes  just P's and other times with the D+ over 350 group.  You are greeted by an officer, but in my recent experience, they do not eat at the luncheon. 

Pinnacle members are not guaranteed access to the SL Coastal Kitchen.  The past few cruises we were able to dine in CK  just two evenings. (Others dined more often - seems the squeaky wheel....)   Lunch is on an availably basis ( Come at lunch time and we'll tell you if you can be seated) and breakfast is not allowed (Nice breakfast available a specialty restaurant, usually Chops).  No access to the SL but an evening cocktail event for Pinnacles- Need to use a voucher for a drink.  

M

28 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Pinnacles ( and D+ 525 ) still get three gifts ( from the same list) to pre select. They need not be wine and sometimes are delivered during the week, rather than all three delivered on embarkation day. 

The meal ( not with an officer) and top tier info will be delivered to the cabin. There is lovely luncheon, sometimes  just P's and other times with the D+ over 350 group.  You are greeted by an officer, but in my recent experience, they do not eat at the luncheon. 

Pinnacle members are not guaranteed access to the SL Coastal Kitchen.  The past few cruises we were able to dine in CK  just two evenings. (Others dined more often - seems the squeaky wheel....)   Lunch is on an availably basis ( Come at lunch time and we'll tell you if you can be seated) and breakfast is not allowed (Nice breakfast available a specialty restaurant, usually Chops).  No access to the SL but an evening cocktail event for Pinnacles- Need to use a voucher for a drink.  

M

Last dec on allure pinnacles only got 1 lunch and 1 dinner. We had a lot of pinnacles though. 2 dinners you did better. 

Edited by firefly333

32 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Is this the norm now?   I thought I’ve heard that something like 100 Pins on oasis class triggers the elimination of SL/CK for pins.  

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Last dec on allure pinnacles only got 1 lunch and 1 dinner. We had a lot of pinnacles though. 2 dinners you did better. 

I’ve never seen that drastic reduction to one lunch and one dinner and had not heard about that from other pages or social media sites. I know that the Pres cruise has a set of P benefits/restrictions just for that cruise. 

Thx for the heads up.  We are booked for the UDP on our next O class cruise. 

m

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I’ve never seen that drastic reduction to one lunch and one dinner and had not heard about that from other pages or social media sites. I know that the Pres cruise has a set of P benefits/restrictions just for that cruise. 

Thx for the heads up.  We are booked for the UDP on our next O class cruise. 

m

Allure just got to Galveston and we had something like 177 pinns onboard, which I suspect is a high amount. Many were on for multiple weeks once allure got to texas mid nov.

I suspect we had more than normal pinnacles onboard though I dont follow numbers much but 177 or maybe was 173 .. lots were onboard. Even in diamond lounge. Gold pinns seemed everywhere.

8 minutes ago, topnole said:

Is this the norm now?   I thought I’ve heard that something like 100 Pins on oasis class triggers the elimination of SL/CK for pins.  

There is some specific guidance, but I don’t know what it is. I do know that it is different amounts on different ship classes. Lower on smaller ships. 

Thought we had around 80-90 when we were limited to two CK dinners and no lounge access. 

The flaw in the process is that all pinnacles are counted to determine the cut off, even those who are already in a suite. So of the 80 pinnacles, some number (?) are in a suite so  the net additional guests in the lounge is really fewer people.  That is not considered when the limit number is decided. 

m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Allure just got to Galveston and we had something like 177 pinns onboard, which I suspect is a high amount. Many were on for multiple weeks once allure got to texas mid nov.

I suspect we had more than normal pinnacles onboard though I dont follow numbers much but 177 or maybe was 173 .. lots were onboard. Even in diamond lounge. Gold pinns seemed everywhere.

That is a high number. 

m

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There is some specific guidance, but I don’t know what it is. I do know that it is different amounts on different ship classes. Lower on smaller ships. 

Thought we had around 80-90 when we were limited to two CK dinners and no lounge access. 

The flaw in the process is that all pinnacles are counted to determine the cut off, even those who are already in a suite. So of the 80 pinnacles, some number (?) are in a suite so  the net additional guests in the lounge is really fewer people.  That is not considered when the limit number is decided. 

m

I’m not a pin, just lowly D+, but I can say our last few cruises (particularly our last two), I could tell there weren’t many pins in the SL compared to pre Covid times.  

I’m not sure the exact reasons, but I imagine they either throttled back their usage or they counted each drink and thus they didn’t use the SL as much as when it was unlimited.  I say this from the lack of meeting many at the bar compared to pre Covid cruises when the Oasis class SL bars were the typical hang out for vary pins in a given week.  It seemed on my last two oasis classs cruises, all the pins I chatted with in the SL were in suites.  I suspect they simply restricted use of the CK/SL. 

I always thought my favorite perk of being a pinnacle would be the SL/CK if I’m in a regular cabin.  I guess that won’t  be something to count on.  That makes

me care even less whenever it is I cross

the threshold.  The suites have me spoiled, so it probably doesn’t matter for

me one way or another.   

2 hours ago, topnole said:

I always thought my favorite perk of being a pinnacle would be the SL/CK if I’m in a regular cabin.  I guess that won’t  be something to count on.  That makes

me care even less whenever it is I cross

the threshold.  The suites have me spoiled, so it probably doesn’t matter for

me one way or another.   

The benefits have changed from years ago and I'm sure we will continue to see more changes.

Since you say you like suite/CK access, that is easy to accomplish, regardless of C&A level.  

Enjoy cruising.   

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The benefits have changed from years ago and I'm sure we will continue to see more changes.

Since you say you like suite/CK access, that is easy to accomplish, regardless of C&A level.  

Enjoy cruising.   

M

Agree.  Now if the prices would go back to somewhat normal.  Inside cabins are pricing out at darn near suite level prices from a few years ago.  

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, 39august said:

How about drinks with meals in CK?

Beer and Wine at lunch always, depending on the particular ship I have been able to get a Mimosa at breakfast also

Drinks always at evening Dinner

Edited by cruisegus

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If not in a full suite, yes.

That is what I thought.  Seems a couple of these posts were a bit misleading.  You don’t get free drinks in the SL or CK if pinnacle.  You can simply use your 6 free there (or anywhere else for the most part).  If you’ve already used your six for the day, for example, you will be paying for drinks in the SL unless the waitress decides to not charge you like they are supposed to do.  In comparison, if in a suite, you can have as many beers as you want in the SL.  

• Like 1